There was never a need. You always have the stealth drone. But, nope. Not unless you want to use the C-17. I'm still undecided on which and how many aircraft to support. I just wanted the two to start. Odds are good to fair I'll keep supporting a handful of others. Depends on mood I guess. Which is always in flux. More on this later... Anyway, yup. No more required mega DL of the USAF Pack soon.

Just checked this on my phone. And geesh. It's really dark. Anyone else? On my PC its still lit enough to see detail. But on my phone its super dark I can barely see the plane.

I'm also open to ideas for dark & creepy names. I'm leaning towards "Nightmare" though. Thoughts anyone?

picture is Pretty dark on both PC and Phone for me.

also yeah Nightmare is a good name  :)

I'm also open to ideas for dark & creepy names. I'm leaning towards "Nightmare" though. Thoughts anyone?

Going with the whole spirit of the dead theme, what about "Banshee"? "Wraith" could work as well. I think "Hellion" would be another cool sounding name. 

Looking forward to seeing it in-game  :)

There was never a need. You always have the stealth drone. But, nope. Not unless you want to use the C-17. I'm still undecided on which and how many aircraft to support. I just wanted the two to start. Odds are good to fair I'll keep supporting a handful of others. Depends on mood I guess. Which is always in flux. More on this later... Anyway, yup. No more required mega DL of the USAF Pack soon.

Just checked this on my phone. And geesh. It's really dark. Anyone else? On my PC its still lit enough to see detail. But on my phone its super dark I can barely see the plane.

How about Poltergeist, although that is a mouthful, you could also go with something like Revenant, Visitor or Incubus.

What about Crypt?

Indicating it holds the bodies of those who messed with the corporation doing the missions?

Hey, hate to be such a noob, but whenever I try to get a flight plan from the load-master with the XH-1 vampire, it doesn't do anything for a second, an then gives me an undefined variable error. I'm setting the modules up as three separate, unsynced modules, CORE, The HALO module system on, and the HALO jump plane. I'm only running the mod and the latest version of CBA on the dev branch of ArmA III. Sorry to bother all you guys. Oh yeah, and btw, that C-130 looks great, Nightmare would be a fitting name, seeing as that's what it would give you for a decade after being engaged by it. :)

EDIT:

The error was something to do with deleting the plane and cargo, and everything else works fine.

EDIT THE SECOND:

I re downloaded the mod from  your drop box and still nothing happened.

EDIT THE THIRD

I finally managed to read the error- the one i get when i request a flight plan is this-

'...la_halo.sqf:'

sleep 1;

deleteVehicle #VQIHALO2;

File vqi_halo\VQI-DemonDropper\JumpCraft\vqi_halo_flightplan_halo.sqf, line 5

delete...'

Error undefined variable in expression: vqihalo2

This was done on the mission that's called VQI HALO which comes with the mod.

Hello there,

My game crashes to desktop everytime I kill the officer in the assassination mission.

spookwar%20error_zpspiby2yat.jpg

I keep getting this error, looks like the same one post #481 ?

spookwar%20error_zpspiby2yat.jpg

I keep getting this error, looks like the same one post #481 ?

That is the same error, at least i know I'm not the only one  :)  :)  :)

• Like 1

Hello,

Reviving an old topic here but I have a question in regards to licensing.

Our group is interested in using this mod (or the prototype EOD one you have on armaholic) but we're wondering if the licensing would prevent us.

We have several youtubers in our group that monetize our content, does your "private use only" requirement extend to this?

In other words, can they still monetize their videos if they feature any part of this mod?

Cheers,

Fridge

Hey, everybody!

Sorry for the short hiatus. Took a break over the holidays. I'll try to get back to tinkering soon and reply to all the PMs stacking up in my inbox. Thanks.

@Fridgeworks

Um, depends on how you define "use". Playing with it, is of course encouraged. Play away. Filming it for whatever and posting on YouTube, is fine. That's cool with me. You can use it, experiment with it, play with friends on game night, whatever.

What I DO NOT allow is ripping it apart and stealing parts for other projects and then uploading as your own. If you change anything, although technically not allowed, just keep it private for your own personal private games or perhaps just your close friends. Do not upload anywhere please.

If you do change something for "private" use, then please do not film for YouTube. It misrepresents my work. And please always credit the author(s) for things posted for comment/review/ect.

Example: if you make a few bucks in advertising reviewing games and mods, your're fine. It's protected under Free Speech. Review away. Just don't change anything and give credit to the original author.

Thank you.

• Like 2

Hey, everybody!

Sorry for the short hiatus. Took a break over the holidays. I'll try to get back to tinkering soon and reply to all the PMs stacking up in my inbox. Thanks.

@Fridgeworks

Um, depends on how you define "use". Playing with it, is of course encouraged. Play away. Filming it for whatever and posting on YouTube, is fine. That's cool with me. You can use it, experiment with it, play with friends on game night, whatever.

What I DO NOT allow is ripping it apart and stealing parts for other projects and then uploading as your own. If you change anything, although technically not allowed, just keep it private for your own personal private games or perhaps just your close friends. Do not upload anywhere please.

If you do change something for "private" use, then please do not film for YouTube. It misrepresents my work. And please always credit the author(s) for things posted for comment/review/ect.

Example: if you make a few bucks in advertising reviewing games and mods, your're fine. It's protected under Free Speech. Review away. Just don't change anything and give credit to the original author.

Thank you.

That answers my question, thanks for clearing that up :)

Hey folks I know i'm reviving an old thread here but this is one of the most badass mods I use and I have been stuck with that exact same error as in post #481. Any chance anyones has managed to find some kind of work around for this? 

• Like 1

It's been a while since I've used this and it seems like objectives don't show up on the map anymore when I use the Ops desk for missions.

Even on terrains where it previously worked, is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

This is easily one of my favorite mods. It kills me to read people feeling guilty about digging it up because it's old. :(

Hope you're doing well VonQuest. Haven't heard from you or seen you around in awhile buddy.

Who you calling old!? ^_^

Sorry. Was getting kinda burnt out on ArmA. The game kept running worse and worse and I took a long break over the Holidays.

Now that Eden is here, the game is working WAY better now, and I'm loving the 3DEN Editor...

This project is still alive and kicking. I have an update coming that I was working on. Not sure on a release date. Unfortunately after this last update, it seems it broke a lot of stuff (as usual). Grrrrr!!!  :wacko:

I'll try and answer a few lost PMs here. If I missed anyone, just ask again or PM me again with questions.

@vitamin

Thanks. Most instructions are in the Docs folder. You need to narrow your query or rephrase. By "transport" I'm guessing you are referring to the HALO Module? Read the Docs. And YES I'm still working on this as of this post.

@rhinonathan

Thank you. I'm working on all Modules at the same time. The Explosives stuff is low priority though. What you see was the test template for the entire proto-type Module. I have dozens of variations on this. And yes, its super cool! I just need several free (yeah, right) weekends to carve out the rest of what I have mocked up. When I started this, I was kinda feeling out the crowd to see where there was the highest demand, and went in that direction. Which was mostly the HALO stuff. EOD/Explosives stuff is still in the plans. Oh, hell ya!

@101para

Thank you so much. #1 There is no plans for a Leg Bag. You should be using the largest Backpack you can get. Its the Carryall Backpack (here is an old out-of-date link from 7th cav) for the vanilla game. I might make a few "HALO" Special Editions that are a little extra roomy. Believe it or not, you can pack just about ANYTHING into your Carryall Backpack. Put your Ballistics Vest into there! But, you have to make sure anything you pack is EMPTY so it will roll up and pack away tightly. #2 Its probably not you. There are several things that I took out or changed, but may have forgot to remove the related Menu Options. I'm trying to juggle things around so there is variety and balance. Pros & Cons to each aircraft supported. For example, the C-17 might fly higher so you can track-in-freefall longer, but since its bigger, it gets painted by Radar easier. #3 Its fairly easy to change this mod (private use only) if you are familiar with the dev side of this hobby. If you are not, its just WAY too complicated to explain here. Feel free to change what you want for your own personal use. I'm not sure which Mods I'll be supporting for what Units get spawned in for the Mission Generator (SOCOM Module) or the ambient enemy and combatants (DARK Module). I have lots of requests for basically all of them. Its easy to do, but it extremely time consuming to add them the way I need to add them specifically. Adding a single Officer for the Mission Generator is fairly easy IF people can do their own homework, and provide me with the specific classname of that Officer. I think I will be adding all CUP Projects next as supported as there is a ton of expansion there all in just a few downloads. I never played ArmA 2, but I believe there are Russians in there? RHS is supported too as you probably already saw.

No of course not. Ask away! There are no dumb (okay, sometimes [not you]) questions. Feel free to ask anything. That's how we all learn.

@icebreakr

I'll post my Snow System here below. To run in MP, you'll have to execute it on all machines. Change what you want for the Snow density. If you have a varied system (like I currently do) the snowfall will be different on each machine unless you run a loop on the server with a global variable for each client to check. I personally don't need every client to be perfectly insync with the server. I'm not an expert with the MP environment. If you have variations of snowfall, just have each machine run their own and have it set for the whole game from the start so everyone matches. Not sure if I explained that well. Note: Also in the past, there were reports of players dying with respawn if the snow hit them when they spawned in for a one of the variations of this code. Not sure if its still the case or not. We never play with repawn. Just 1 life per game.

Here is the code for particles for a medium (average) Snow Storm:

private ["_snowMedium"];

_snowMedium = "#particleSource" createVehicleLocal (position player);  
_snowMedium setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16,12,13,1], "","Billboard", 1, 7, [0,0,0], [0,0,0], 1, 0.0000001, 0.000, 1.7,[0.07],[[1,1,1,1]],[0,1], 0.2, 1.2, "", "",vehicle player];
_snowMedium setParticleRandom [0,[30,30,20],[0,0,0],0,0.01,[0,0,0,0.1],0,0];
_snowMedium setParticleCircle [0,[0,0,0]];
_snowMedium setDropInterval 0.0001; // 0.0001 more zeros is more snow

Looking forward to the New Map!

@Everyone

So yes, Its still under development. And sorry its broken right now... Okay everyone. I'm sure I'm forgetting several things. But that should bring this back up to speed for now. If I forgot anything or anyone, just ask again. Don't be shy! I'll try and get back to tinkering soon. Not sure an any time tables. Pretty busy with other RL projects right now.

Okay, ladies... Stay Frosty! B)  Over & Out. -S- 

• Like 1

Who you calling old!? ^_^

Sorry. Was getting kinda burnt out on ArmA. The game kept running worse and worse and I took a long break over the Holidays.

Now that Eden is here, the game is working WAY better now, and I'm loving the 3DEN Editor...

This project is still alive and kicking. I have an update coming that I was working on. Not sure on a release date. Unfortunately after this last update, it seems it broke a lot of stuff (as usual). Grrrrr!!!  :wacko:

I'll try and answer a few lost PMs here. If I missed anyone, just ask again or PM me again with questions.

@vitamin

Thanks. Most instructions are in the Docs folder. You need to narrow your query or rephrase. By "transport" I'm guessing you are referring to the HALO Module? Read the Docs. And YES I'm still working on this as of this post.

@rhinonathan

Thank you. I'm working on all Modules at the same time. The Explosives stuff is low priority though. What you see was the test template for the entire proto-type Module. I have dozens of variations on this. And yes, its super cool! I just need several free (yeah, right) weekends to carve out the rest of what I have mocked up. When I started this, I was kinda feeling out the crowd to see where there was the highest demand, and went in that direction. Which was mostly the HALO stuff. EOD/Explosives stuff is still in the plans. Oh, hell ya!

@101para

Thank you so much. #1 There is no plans for a Leg Bag. You should be using the largest Backpack you can get. Its the Carryall Backpack (here is an old out-of-date link from 7th cav) for the vanilla game. I might make a few "HALO" Special Editions that are a little extra roomy. Believe it or not, you can pack just about ANYTHING into your Carryall Backpack. Put your Ballistics Vest into there! But, you have to make sure anything you pack is EMPTY so it will roll up and pack away tightly. #2 Its probably not you. There are several things that I took out or changed, but may have forgot to remove the related Menu Options. I'm trying to juggle things around so there is variety and balance. Pros & Cons to each aircraft supported. For example, the C-17 might fly higher so you can track-in-freefall longer, but since its bigger, it gets painted by Radar easier. #3 Its fairly easy to change this mod (private use only) if you are familiar with the dev side of this hobby. If you are not, its just WAY too complicated to explain here. Feel free to change what you want for your own personal use. I'm not sure which Mods I'll be supporting for what Units get spawned in for the Mission Generator (SOCOM Module) or the ambient enemy and combatants (DARK Module). I have lots of requests for basically all of them. Its easy to do, but it extremely time consuming to add them the way I need to add them specifically. Adding a single Officer for the Mission Generator is fairly easy IF people can do their own homework, and provide me with the specific classname of that Officer. I think I will be adding all CUP Projects next as supported as there is a ton of expansion there all in just a few downloads. I never played ArmA 2, but I believe there are Russians in there? RHS is supported too as you probably already saw.

No of course not. Ask away! There are no dumb (okay, sometimes [not you]) questions. Feel free to ask anything. That's how we all learn.

@icebreakr

I'll post my Snow System here below. To run in MP, you'll have to execute it on all machines. Change what you want for the Snow density. If you have a varied system (like I currently do) the snowfall will be different on each machine unless you run a loop on the server with a global variable for each client to check. I personally don't need every client to be perfectly insync with the server. I'm not an expert with the MP environment. If you have variations of snowfall, just have each machine run their own and have it set for the whole game from the start so everyone matches. Not sure if I explained that well. Note: Also in the past, there were reports of players dying with respawn if the snow hit them when they spawned in for a one of the variations of this code. Not sure if its still the case or not. We never play with repawn. Just 1 life per game.

Here is the code for particles for a medium (average) Snow Storm:

private ["_snowMedium"];

_snowMedium = "#particleSource" createVehicleLocal (position player);  
_snowMedium setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16,12,13,1], "","Billboard", 1, 7, [0,0,0], [0,0,0], 1, 0.0000001, 0.000, 1.7,[0.07],[[1,1,1,1]],[0,1], 0.2, 1.2, "", "",vehicle player];
_snowMedium setParticleRandom [0,[30,30,20],[0,0,0],0,0.01,[0,0,0,0.1],0,0];
_snowMedium setParticleCircle [0,[0,0,0]];
_snowMedium setDropInterval 0.0001; // 0.0001 more zeros is more snow

Looking forward to the New Map!

@Everyone

So yes, Its still under development. And sorry its broken right now... Okay everyone. I'm sure I'm forgetting several things. But that should bring this back up to speed for now. If I forgot anything or anyone, just ask again. Don't be shy! I'll try and get back to tinkering soon. Not sure an any time tables. Pretty busy with other RL projects right now.

Okay, ladies... Stay Frosty! B)  Over & Out. -S- 

It's good to see you are still alive and kicking. I'm looking forward to the mod being back up and running.

Okay ladies and germs...

I think this is a good time to tear this project apart and segregate it into its separate projects. Thoughts?

I started to crush some code, and the debugging with this new Eden update we just had. There is a ton of re-writing to do and some serious re-organizing. It will hopefully be less confusing to the newer players as well keeping things a bit easier to manage on my end. The parent project will still be called SpookWarCom, but it will be separate downloads for each sub-project. I still flip-flop on which way is better. Both have their pros and cons.

I'm starting with the DARK System first. If you have any requests, notes, issues, ideas, etc let me know now. Not sure on a date. I just started work on it. It's full of errors, but the Enemy Spawn seems to mostly work and the Reinforcements is broken I see.

Let me what you guys are thinking...

• Like 2

As it stands the HALO/PARA drop doesn't work, I'd like to see that up and running again

• Like 2

Hey Von Quest glad to see this is getting its Eden update ...update. As far as separating it into separate packs, i had never really thought of that for this mod but I can say that my group pretty much exclusively uses the Para/HALO stuff, and wants to get more into the EOD stuff. Either way glad your working on an update. Its a great mod and adds a ton of water cooler moments at the end of the missions !

• Like 2

As it stands the HALO/PARA drop doesn't work, I'd like to see that up and running again

I agree, getting the HALO PARA drop module up and running again is a good lace to start.

If it makes life easier for you to break up the mod into separate projects, I say go for it.

Since most people use the halo/para drop, and diver modules, if you could get those up and running, it would allow us to keep using the mod until you can get the other parts working.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts.

• Like 1

Break it all up again? Your current system is pretty modular. Anyone tinkering with the files for personal use should know what they're doing in that department.

Only one I am looking forward to is EOD. Need that right now. Is the current state of EOD also broke or is it just HALO?

Since I've gotten several PMs lately....

UPDATE:

Re-writing all projects in better detail, and squashing all smaller bugs I can find as well. Half way through the HALO, and DARK systems. Then I'll be updating the EOD/Explosives stuff next.

• Like 3

Good to hear ..really love this mod ! Any word on your other cool stuff ...submarines for example :)

PS:  Will there be an option for faction settings ?

cheers

I assume no news is good news?  :D