blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

This weekend we noticed that the AT4 CS version has zero backblast (when used with ace). I am assuming its a bug but maybe its a bad combination of mods, we run a lot of stuff.

Thats correct, CS stands for Confined Space and if I'm correct, has a compartment filled with salt water in the rear that, when fired, dissipates the backblast allowing you to fire inside of buildings and in cover without injury to yourself or others near you.

BlackPixxel donated most of his launcher work to CUP and will be avaliable in the next few weeks. So if he decides to close the TF47 project (hopefully not!) it will be continued in CUP Weapons.

For clarification you guys will be using TF47 launchers in cup weapons. With the animations also? If so great news.

Huhu,

sorry for the huge delay. Here is a small update which should fix the currentMuzzle error. All the scripts were remade aswell and should make it easier to implement new launchers in the future. The SMAW spotting rifle is now less dangerous when used with ACE3. Thanks to Joko's effort the backblast configuration in ACE3 is more flexible and allows for a backblast-free spotting rifle.

I also decreased the texture sizes of the SMAW and the AT4 from 4K to 2K (which is the standard for Arma 3 weapons). They should look better now on lower video settings and the filesize is decreased as well.

TF47 Launchers Update Version 1.4.1
Dropbox-Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

The RHS compatibility patch remains unchanged, but since on PlayWithSix it is somehow just a copy of TF47 Launchers instead of the small patch I better post it here again:

TF47 Launchers RHS Patch Update Version 1.3​​

Have fun!
  • Like 3

Hey don't worry about delays we all take breaks from time to time.

Glad to hear your back and look forward to not seeing scripting errors for a while :D

For those using your launchers in rhs is there any update? Or just wait till rhs updates in a few months?

The launchers are unchanged, so there is no need that RHS does anything with them.

The launchers are unchanged, so there is no need that RHS does anything with them.

I am being really stupid, so the 'RHS Patch' version is no longer needed as the standard version does the same amount of damage or has the RHS compat version also been updated with the ACE fix?

Huhu,

sorry for the huge delay. Here is a small update which should fix the currentMuzzle error. All the scripts were remade aswell and should make it easier to implement new launchers in the future. The SMAW spotting rifle is now less dangerous when used with ACE3. Thanks to Joko's effort the backblast configuration in ACE3 is more flexible and allows for a backblast-free spotting rifle.

I also decreased the texture sizes of the SMAW and the AT4 from 4K to 2K (which is the standard for Arma 3 weapons). They should look better now on lower video settings and the filesize is decreased as well.

TF47 Launchers Update Version 1.4.1

Dropbox-Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

The RHS compatibility patch remains unchanged, but since on PlayWithSix it is somehow just a copy of TF47 Launchers instead of the small patch I better post it here again:

TF47 Launchers RHS Patch Update Version 1.3​​

Have fun!

Why did you drop the textures? Why not leave them as higher quality. 

Why did you drop the textures? Why not leave them as higher quality. 

"...(which is the standard for Arma 3 weapons). They should look better now on lower video settings and the filesize is decreased as well."

The textures only looked better on ultra settings, on every other setting it was washed out because of the mip maps. With the current texture size the mip maps will only appear on lower settings, so that now the textures should look sharper most of the times.

I noticed that the airburst cfg menu sometimes disapear. I will try to fix that tomorrow by moving it from a script into the config as a useraction.

• Like 1

Hey, sorry to be a bother but I was just going to ask if there was any news on the M72 LAW you guys were working on. I remember hearing about it a while ago, is it still in your plans? Another thing I was going to ask, while it may not be within the scope of TF47 launchers, do you think your air-burst script for the Carl G could be adaptable to something like the M25? I've always wanted to see that in Arma since they leaked pictures of it pre-alpha only to remove it from the game.

Anyways, thanks for all your work, quite enjoy all that you guys have done so far.

Hiya Blackpixxel,

Love your Mod!! Good job  :)

I might be asking a dumb question but this update will roll out to Steam won't it?

Cheers again for an awesome Mod!

<O

Mauler.

Diehard FC posted a mention that TF47 was running afoul of Gcam.

We've been using TF47 Launchers for a while (Great mod by the way.) and we recently picked up Gcam only to find it seems to have compatibility issues with both TF47 and Toadie's HLC Aug pack.

Has anyone managed to get Gcam working with vanilla TF47 yet? (As, we're not running RHS or CUP.)

It'd be lovely to get some nice cinematic showcases of what TF47 is all about.

Popping in with a question about the AT-4s.

Whenever I fire any of the three AT-4 variants, the launcher stays in my hands after firing unless I switch to a different weapon, and the empty tube stays on my back. I seem to remember that in previous versions you would almost instantly automatically drop the tube after it was fired and switch to your primary weapon. Am I just confusing this with some other addon or was that feature removed somewhere along the way?

Just a quick follow-up question just out of curiosity, so please don't take it as a request. Are the M72, Javelin and Stinger listed in the main post still planned? I could kill for a high quality M72 LAW in ArmA III and would love to see one as part of TF47 Launchers. Either way, thanks for the great addon and I hope I'm not being an annoying moron asking these questions.

Hi there just passing some feedback after firing the AT4 HP CS, a heat and HP round appears in the my backpack. also when you drop the heat round on the floor another one appears and you can keep doing this over and over

Only mods running are CBA and Cup Terrains

Regards

Tradari

Popping in with a question about the AT-4s.

Whenever I fire any of the three AT-4 variants, the launcher stays in my hands after firing unless I switch to a different weapon, and the empty tube stays on my back. I seem to remember that in previous versions you would almost instantly automatically drop the tube after it was fired and switch to your primary weapon. Am I just confusing this with some other addon or was that feature removed somewhere along the way?

Just a quick follow-up question just out of curiosity, so please don't take it as a request. Are the M72, Javelin and Stinger listed in the main post still planned? I could kill for a high quality M72 LAW in ArmA III and would love to see one as part of TF47 Launchers. Either way, thanks for the great addon and I hope I'm not being an annoying moron asking these questions.

RHS has an M72 on the way but I'd love to see TF47's take on it.

From what I understand, RHS's M72 was made by blackpixxel. Although, I could be wrong.

Hmm, from what I remember it wasn't Blackpixxel who did the new one that RHS has (sorry I can't remember the name of that author). Also I stumbled on something that might be a pretty good idea for the TF47 Carl Gustav. 

http://loadoutroom.com/18677/ranger-loadout-carl-gustav/

One of the things mentioned in this article is ADM rounds (Area Denial Munitions) aka flechette / dart rounds, to be used if the enemy gets close enough that the use of regular explosive rounds would be hazardous. 

Diehard FC posted a mention that TF47 was running afoul of Gcam.

We've been using TF47 Launchers for a while (Great mod by the way.) and we recently picked up Gcam only to find it seems to have compatibility issues with both TF47 and Toadie's HLC Aug pack.

Has anyone managed to get Gcam working with vanilla TF47 yet? (As, we're not running RHS or CUP.)

It'd be lovely to get some nice cinematic showcases of what TF47 is all about.

I would also like to see this fixed, as my community uses the TF47 launchers in a custom (private) modpack. I wonder if blackpixxel could huddle up with Reyhard and puzzle out a solution.

Hi,

no, the M72 of RHS is not done by me, I think P1nga made it?

Yeah, the Area Defense Ammo would be really cool, but I have not found a way to do it ingame. You cannot simply spawn a ton of bullets, something like the directional mine tech would be great, since it will only do damage in a certain cone and walls etc. will block it. But I was not able to use it as weapon ammo. Maybe someone with more config knowledge could achieve that.

At the moment I am redoing the M3 UV map and textures. When I made the M3 I had very little knowledge about UVs and textures. So I used the Blender Auto Unwrapping, which is why there are some very visible seams on the M3. I also made 2 4K textures for the M3 itself and a 2K for the scope. Since 2K textures look better in Arma than 4K which will get downscaled to something like 1K anyway, I am now aiming to put the M3 on a 2K texture and the scope + ironsight on a 2K*1K, just like I did with the SMAW. This should lower the filesize aswell.
Hopefully the M3 will look better in the end. When I am happy with it I will send it to RHS and CUP.

Just a little WIP shot
VfIAdqq.png

• Like 14