blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

Thanks for the bug report!

Sadly (or luckily ;) ) I cannot reproduce it. Do you run some mods that could conflict with this one?

And what does the ammocounter on the top right say when you have the 'three round AT4' ?

Not a big issue, but the MAAWS HE airbust mode doesnt work in multiplayer.

Main mods are cba, ace, rhs

I forgot to add the disclaimer that we are using ACE3 and RHS (latest versions). We are not running the RHS patch as it nerfs the launchers too much for vanilla vehicles.

Also I did make a minor mistake in describing how to achieve said bug, I've updated the procedure in my previous post.

I'll ask some of my community members to capture it on video and post it here, toghether with our server command line so you can see what mods were in play.

We'll try a vanilla run later as well.

Edited by JamesClarke

Tip: SMAW included in new version! :yay:

Found problems:

You may choose 2 variants of SMAW from action menu (one of them cannot shoot).

Problem when you can shoot AT4 three times in a row still in.

After death your launcher don't fall apart but teleports inside inventory of the dead body.

Edited by Kukus

Ops, I uploaded it for testing to PWS as beta, but now Armaholic changed their version to this test-version.

So I cannot recommend to switch to the 1.4 version, as it is not finished.

Kukus:

Yep, the SMAW appears two times in the action menu, the upper one is the SMAW in rocket-mode and the lower one is the spotting-rifle, which needs the correct magazine to be able to shoot.

Sadly I cannot change the names that are shown in the action menu. But once you know that the spotting rifle is the lower one, it should not be a problem.

Another problems are the ACE3-compatibility. At the moment ACE takes the backblast and ear-ringing values from the primary rocket muzzle of the SMAW, which is why the spotting rifle has backblast and causes your ear to ring without earplugs. I wrote a ticket, and hopefully it will change in the future.

But the SMAW still needs some work, so you should stay with the current stable version on playWithSix.

Just thought I'd throw something in, besides the whole spotting rifle not being named differently. Would it be possible to have it so when the SMAW is on the back the actual rocket tube is detached like how CUP weapons did it? Not only for a slight realism tweak but it also looks hella cool! Besides that nice update and I might suggest you contact the ACE team about naming it differently, at least on ACE 2 they somehow did rename the spotting rifle in the action menu.

Hey, are you thinking about adding the FCS12 digital sight to the M3?

saab.com/globalassets/commercial/land/weapon-systems/support-weapons/carl-gustaf-m4/image-download/carl-gustaf-m4_8pg_brochure_d6.pdf (for refrence on the m4)

adsinc.com/online-catalogs/range-finders-weapons-optics/aimpoint-aimpoint-fcs12/ (for the refence to the FCS12)

Quick question, is the RHS patch still a necessity after the last update or has it been included in the stock download? Great mod!

Hi,

here is the next update, which includes the SMAW. It comes with HEDP and HEAA ammunition. Its spotting rifles fires from 5 round 9mm tracer magazines and is used to correctly adjust the scope. You can select it in the actionmenu.

Be aware that the spotting rifles has backblast & ear ringing when using ACE3, whis is something I cannot change. Maybe this will be fixed in the future.

The case where you could reload the AT4 with a certain trick should not work anymore. I also made a slight change to the M3 scope, so that it uses the new collominator-technology. The swoosh-sound of the rocket is now much more quiet, as well as the explosions which were very loud. The absurd damage of the M3 HEDP round when using the RHS patch is fixed, and it got updated for the SMAW.

In case you don't know which launcher you should take:

Pro's of the SMAW:

+more damage against armor / higher Penetration (600mm vs 550mm)

+more precise zeroing (increments of 50m vs 100m)

+spotting rifle for increased hit-chance

Pro's of M3 MAAWS:

+higher rocket velocity

+higher zeroing range (900m vs 500m)

+lighter ammunition

TF47 Launchers Update Version 1.4.0

Dropbox-Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

TF47 Launchers RHS Patch Update Version 1.3​​

Dropbox-Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmx0xgaojwxisc1/%40tf47_launchers_rhs.rar?dl=0

smaw_zpslkm4x5to.jpg

Fantastic update! Thank you for your excellent work with this addon. Pure quality work in all aspects.

Great update. Love the SMAW animations and thank you for letting us put a flash light on it. I don't know when I ever will, but I'm glad I can.

Thank you for an update. Found that after SMAW shot I cannot look through tube (tube is not empty). Maybe it is ok, don't know. Everything else looks great!

Found a fairly major problem, once I equip the SMAW via Virtual Arsenal I cannot switch back to my rifle only to the spotting scope or a sidearm. Is that something to do with the spotting rifle being renamed or something?

Also regarding the backblast and deafness, I'm not a pro at ARMA scripting but surely that counts as a different muzzle type or is it to do with ARMA not being able to differentiate launcher and another muzzle alongside it?

Found a fairly major problem, once I equip the SMAW via Virtual Arsenal I cannot switch back to my rifle only to the spotting scope or a sidearm. Is that something to do with the spotting rifle being renamed or something?

Also regarding the backblast and deafness, I'm not a pro at ARMA scripting but surely that counts as a different muzzle type or is it to do with ARMA not being able to differentiate launcher and another muzzle alongside it?

Thanks for the info, I didn't notice that because I always use the 'F' - key or the hotkeys to switch back to the primary. I had to tell Arma that the SMAW is a primary in a way so that it would hide some other action menu entries. Not sure if there is another solution. But the temporary fix is to switch back to the weapon using 'F' or one of the weapon hotkeys you can use.

The backblast and deafness is more a problem of ACE. They just look into the config of the weapon that was fired, which is in both cases the SMAW. So it uses its values, instead of looking for the muzzle that was fired. This could be changed by the ACE-team or someone else, so it may work in the future.

Thanks for the update Blackpixxel :D, very much looking forward to using the SMAAW :D

Sorry to be a pain but we were playing tonight with the new version. I was getting the following script error periodically. We run a lot of mods so I suspect, it might be that some mods haven't defined muzzles, but would be awesome, if you could account for this in the script.

20:03:59 Error in expression <apons this))) && (((currentmuzzle this) == "tf47_smaw") || ((currentmuzzle this)>
20:03:59   Error position: <== "tf47_smaw") || ((currentmuzzle this)>
20:03:59   Error Generic error in expression

Thanks for the release - what a great addition to the game! Just downloaded the mod, went into the editor, placed a VAS and fired a few rockets. Feels meaty and powerfull as fuck. Haven't found any major bugs, only thing I have to mention is the insane fast reload time. Seems like it doesn't take longer then reloading a magazine, which is a little bit weird since it looks like that it isn't easy to reload that beast even with 2 persons. (Same prob with the Carl Gustav if you ask me.) I think the reloading should take longer. But I also have to admit I got no real idea how this things work in reality.

You can see a part of a reload around 2:33.

Thanks for the update Blackpixxel :D, very much looking forward to using the SMAAW :D

Sorry to be a pain but we were playing tonight with the new version. I was getting the following script error periodically. We run a lot of mods so I suspect, it might be that some mods haven't defined muzzles, but would be awesome, if you could account for this in the script.

20:03:59 Error in expression <apons this))) && (((currentmuzzle this) == "tf47_smaw") || ((currentmuzzle this)>
20:03:59   Error position: <== "tf47_smaw") || ((currentmuzzle this)>
20:03:59   Error Generic error in expression

Have the same error. Unit didn't have any laucnher at all.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Spawn group in editor (2 or more AIs), you must be in this group and start the game.

2. Kill one of the friendly AIs and come to the dead body as close as possible.

You will see the error if -showscripterrors enabled.

Thank you for the report + reproduction.

I also had this error, it looks like currentmuzzle isn't always working, using this command in a vehicle would result in an error as well (not in the mod).

I am not sure how to prevent it, but I will try to find a solution. For now I think it does not happen very often, and it will still work.

I really dig the scope animation (collimator effect) on the weapon optics. I'd love to see this in more mods. Very well done! Congrats!

@Blackpixel, So after some testing it seems currentmuzzle sometimes returns a number rather than a string if you. I'd advise replacing the == with 'isEqualTo' as this supports comparing variables of different types and won't throw an error.

Any chance on a SMAW II Serpent or ESMAW in the near future?