blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

This is the first attemp to fix the game crash issue. The AT4 'reload' should also work now, but you have to make sure that every player uses the latest version.

I hope it works for everyone, otherwise I have to keep on looking for the problem.

Download Version 1.3.5

Dropbox (59 MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

This modification requires CBA to work: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178224-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3

optional RHS Compatibility Patch 1.1 (not updated)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmx0xgaojwxisc1/%40tf47_launchers_rhs.rar?dl=0

The SMAW is also on it's way

BZ1nG0F.png

Thanks a bunch, with a bit of luck we could try them out tonight and if not it'll be tested on Thursday :)

SMAW looks awesome!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

our server tested 2 missions after update v1.3.5.

no crash and no DX11 error. I think fix it.

thank you BlackPixxel !!

somebody probably mentioned it already but when you're done with the SMAW pleeeeeease add the Javelin with a topdown attack mode !!! :)

Still does not work properly for us. I will try to describe it as best as possible.

often, when you take the AT-4 from the Arsenal it is already ready to fire (sometimes with the ironsights out, sometimes retracted, sometimes even in between). It can be fired, reloaded and fired again. It's very weird to describe. I might hop on your Teamspeak and describe it to you in person if you prefer that, can't upload videos I'm afraid.

(this is what I mean by the in-between ironsights)

2uyr7ki.jpg

Stoffl, it should work if you switch to your primary and then back to the launcher.

Ran a mission with 1.3.5 last night, using AT4's and The M3 without scope. No crashes. will test M3 with scope next time we play. So glad this mod is working properly now, it's awesome!

Fantastic addon BlackPixxel.

It really is one of those addons that i don' t know why i waited for so long before trying out, i went like AT4s? Meh i already have tons trough mods xyz...etc, M3 CG? Meh i already have one trough CUP for a few months before a friend told me that it was great and to try it out and oh man i was not dissapointed. Everytime i use the CG airburst HE ammo i have a huge smile on my face, you have AT4s that are disposable and finally, oh finally that you can carry without needing to take a stupid backpack to carry a rocket that' s supposed to already be in the launcher...

And of course everything about the launchers looks, sounds and feels great from what i can tell.

I have a minor suggestion: What do you think about making the AT4s sit lower on the soldier' s backs when not using them, in the same fashion as RHS did in their latest update? Looks better than the vanilla placement imho.

About the bugs we havent tried the new version yet but we probably will tonight and i' ll let you know if we encounter any bug.

Hi,

I already tried to lower the AT4 on back similar to RHS, but this is not as simple as it may sound. You have to move the launcher inside the p3d-file. But that will also change the position of the AT4 when you hold it in your hands. This would look very bad, since the little buttstock would be inside the shoulder then when the AT4 is selected (which is the case with the current RHS AT4).

Yesterday evening Arma was updated with the 1.40 patch, which means that the Arsenal Scope command works now. Using this, it would solve the issue stoffl pointed out. Currently, the Arsenal randomly attaches the muzzle-item that the AT4 uses to work properly. With the new command I hopefully can hide it from the Arsenal, as well as the ammo.

I already tried to lower the AT4 on back similar to RHS, but this is not as simple as it may sound. You have to move the launcher inside the p3d-file. But that will also change the position of the AT4 when you hold it in your hands. This would look very bad, since the little buttstock would be inside the shoulder then when the AT4 is selected (which is the case with the current RHS AT4).

Could try animating it using the isSelected animation source, in a way that the entire visible model slides back/forward along an axis running down the middle of the weapon whenever the weapon is shouldered/unshouldered.

hmm, yeah we had that issue tonight aswell. 8/10 times the AT4's were ready to rock'n'roll right away, and we had the locality issue thingie show its face once or twice (ofc when we were facing a charging BMP ;DD)

This was with AGM 0.95.2 tho.

Mhmmm, when you take the AT4 from the Arsenal, Arma will automatically load it and give you the ammo. After switching to your primary (and wait maybe 2s, just to make sure), the ammo should disappear and the AT4 should be empty. For the second thing: it is very important that every player has the latest version of the mod, even one player with the older one could ruin in.

Not sure which AGM version runs on our server, but my AGM is up to date in PWS and everything worked fine today.

Tonight using M3 and AT4 HP we had multiple crashes, I reworked the kits mid-mission to remove the AT-4's and nobody crashed the rest of the night. Is it possible there is still an issue with the AT4 HP specifically?

M3 seems to not cause any more crashes.

We were using your launchers from your weapons crate today and not from the VA but we still weren't able to reload them, even after waiting two minutes before trying to "reload".

I've had no crashes since the fix was announced.

We still get some sights-already-deployed-wierdness from time to time, but that's not a big issue at all tbh. Everything is shootable and that's what matters :D

Would be great to see the M72 come next/soon. Game is crying out for a well modelled light anti-structure/vehicle weapon for when the AT4 is too much.

When I kill someone with AT4 or Carl Gustaf, visual texture of AT4 or Carl Gustaf disappear. But when I come closer and open inventory, I can take it. Looks like after death, launchers teleports to inventory of killed person instead of falling on earth.

Edited by Kukus

It would be great to have some opfor AT launchers, (suggest RPG-29, similar to M3 MAAWS, since RPG-7 already exists in several addons (RHS, Sudden's EvW, etc.)).

Updated: Also interesting variant is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M79_Osa

Edited by zealot111

How is the next update coming a long? Looking forward to a proper Javelin to use! Great work on the disposable AT4.