blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

Does it work with AI ?

"tf47_at4_heat" as weapon and "tf47_at4_m_HEAT" as magazine I presume ?

It won't work with AI at the moment, they only switch to a weapon if they have a magazine for it. But at the moment they only get the required magazine when they switch to the weapon. But I will make it AI compatible soon.

So at the moment it does not work if you simply give them the magazine via script, it will get removed.

Nice work. :)

I have one question to the ammo types.

When do you use HEAT and when HP?

I dont know what is the difference.

When do you use HEAT and when HP?

HEAT has more explosive damage and HP has a higher penetration. In Arma that means that HEAT can be used against infantery and armored vehicles, while HP is primarely against armored vehicles.

I love you guys, these are the best launchers in A3 to date.

And... if you follow through with the M72, you'll be the bestest c:

This is THE best launcher-release for Arma 3.

The details and quality is through the roof.

I'm wondering if you only going to make western launchers?

Or do you plan on making RPG-7 aswell?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

In v0.1.3.1 the M136s work as advertised, but the M3 MAAWS - every shot is around 15° in elevation above the horizon, no matter where I point it.

In v0.1.3.1 the M136s work as advertised, but the M3 MAAWS - every shot is around 15° in elevation above the horizon, no matter where I point it.

Confirm that! Same problem to me!

M3 MAAWS - every shot is around 15° in elevation above the horizon, no matter where I point it.

While it worked fine in the editor and the virtual arsenal before for me and other players, it looks like it is broken in multiplayer. It happend to me 5 min ago. I will try to fix this with another update this night. Another issue will be fixed as well: the suppressor-helper-item gets atached after every shot from every weapon, which breaks the sight-mechanism of the AT4. This needs to be fixed as well. During testing I didn't notice it, because I never fired another weapon before firing the AT4.

Sorry for trouble..

No problem, we were using the HEDP M136 today sparingly, though it required a little bit of a dance: switch to launcher, realize the sights are up - reload, switch to primary, switch to launcher, then reload and engage. Beta-is-beta ;)

Here is hopefully the last update for the next days ;)

The AT4-scripts should be 100% reliable now, as long as you have at least a bagback or a vest or a uniform. In addition to that, I changed text and icon of the 'silencer'-item, to avoid confusion. When the config-parameter to hide it in the Arsenal is working in the stable version of Arma 3, I will use this. But basically the silencer should be removed automatically and not cause problems anymore.

For the M3 firing-bug: I had the issue that firing in upwards works fine, but firing downwards inverts the angle, so that the rocket flies upwards. This is fixed now. But I am not sure if that was the same problem Sundowner and Flipper had.

Download Version 1.3.2

Dropbox (73 MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

This modification requires CBA to work: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178224-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3

Thanks for updating - thast glorious german mod engineering!

Will test it again today...

I wanna say first, ï¼´hank you made best launcher for ArmA3.

I play my dedicated server with my friends use this TF47 luanchers.

When we use M3 launcher we got D3D error and blackout screen and crash game all of my friends.

Of course single play or remove TF47 luanchers and play dedicated server is fine.

I don't know why. anyone get same problem?

i think maybe conflict another MOD like a @SLTS_CG MAAWS MOD?

because we use @SLTS_CG too.

I'm sorry my bad english.

Edited by buzzrock

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

First of all, I've gotta say you've done a phenomenal job with your mod mate, thanks for the great content.

I do have a couple of questions, that I hope you could address. I hope you don't feel like I'm trying to push you to do more work, I'm just informing you of the needs/hopes of some potential users of this mod. Here we go:

1: Your MAAWS seems to have 4 x the damage of a RHS Abrams tank HEAT-round. My fellow clan member informed me of this, I cannot confirm this with any footage of my own. He says that your configs have VERY high damage values compared to many armor/weapon-mods.

2: Your launchers seem to be fully focused on the flat damage applied to the target on impact, rather than dealing with penetration/->damage like the Real Armor Mod does. Are you planning on making your mod more compatible with the many mods that use RAM or variations of it? (RHS being the most prominent example of course).

I hope you don't feel annoyed by my comment. We really would love to use your mod in our finnish community, as we find blufor doesn't have an interesting well balanced reloadable launcher with our current modset. Your mod is great because of your dedication to the visuals of it and focus on specific launchers. I really hope you can adress these concerns of ours.

Is it possible you could provide us with a config that has a damage model more compatible with RAM? That would be so sweet.

Well, at the moment I made it so that the launchers are able to damage/disable the RHS tanks, which are the enemy threats we have on our Arma 3 server. I haven't read that much about the real armor system, but as long as the launchers will still be compatible with non-RAM vehicles, I will do what you said.

I also did not want to make the launchers overpowered, I wanted to have it similar to ACE. There a HEAT-round would eleminate a tank by killing it's crew, while the tank would often survive it. So very often only one AT-shot was required to make a tank completely harmless. The easiest way of bringing this to Arma 3 vanilla is by destroying the tank, which looks absurd on the other hand.

So I will try to make it RAM-compatible in the next few days. Thank you for the comment!

Been using your mod for a while on my server and your custom launchers are by far the highest quality I could find.

Although, I do have an issue which hopefully you could clear up for me, and I don’t want to sound like I’m nitpicking or asking for you to do any more work (like I said, your launchers are already the best,) but is there any particular reason why these launchers weigh so much more than the vanilla launchers? I don’t mind the MAAWS weighing as much as it does because of its versatility, but the AT4 seems a little on the heavy side.

Of course, I don’t expect the AT4 to be super lightweight or anything since it’s a launcher and all, but it’s weight is still a little surprising, especially considering that the PCML can also one-shot tanks most of the time, can be reloaded, can lock onto vehicles, and is lighter unless you plan on taking extra missiles for it.

Anyways, thank you for your time and I’m looking forward to your next release. :)

The weight is so that it matches the real world value when using AGM (AGM displays the weight in Kilogram). So I would say that the vanilla-launchers are to light :p

And thanks for the idea with the ammobox, that will be part of the next update.

I and a lot of the players on a dedicated; got spamd (in RPT):

given item with name: [tf47_fakeitem_at4] isn't linked to a weapon!

Possible bug report. When the AI is equipped with either of your launchers, if they get shot the launcher disappears for a second or so when they are hit and then reappears. I have tried this with various mods active and with just T47 and CBA active and it still happens. Can anyone else confirm? Sorry if this has already been reported.

I also did not want to make the launchers overpowered, I wanted to have it similar to ACE. There a HEAT-round would eleminate a tank by killing it's crew, while the tank would often survive it. So very often only one AT-shot was required to make a tank completely harmless. The easiest way of bringing this to Arma 3 vanilla is by destroying the tank, which looks absurd on the other hand.

So I will try to make it RAM-compatible in the next few days. Thank you for the comment!

Thats is so cool of you, thanks again for the great mod.