blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

Hello BlackPixxel First of all i just want to say that the work you have done is awsome.

This launcher is no questions asked the best i have ever used, so thank you for this.

However i have abit of a problem with it neither the airburst or flare CFG works on my groups dedicated server.

However it does work in singel player. Is there something in peticular i have to so on the server to make it work?

Once again thanks for this awsome mod.

Hi,

while the airburst is working in MP for me, I will try to fix the problem with the next update.

The AT4-model is nearly finished (a few scratches and mud are still missing) and should be ingame very soon. Of course I will have to find a solution to make it disposable first, but with a fired EH this should be very easy.

oqe85Q2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9Gpbk1E.png

Edited by BlackPixxel

Wow, that looks absolutely amazing!

Can't wait :D

Looks great, can't wait to see it with its battle tested look :)

Never mind the problem i had wasnt a problem with the addon. It was a problem with the mission we where running.

The mission we where running was Losis armory or something along thoose lines for anyone wondering.

Did you somehow clear up the problem with the scripterror when using AGM? We are still on 1.1 since alot of people in our community run Arma with scripterrors enabled.

Another thing I noticed was that the illumination rounds have a weird black box in front of it when they are lighted up in a close vicinity to the viewer but this might occur due to a another mod.

Did you somehow clear up the problem with the scripterror when using AGM?

Not until now, I may have to ask the AGM team how their code works. AGM uses eventhandlers as well, maybe they have own code affecting the flight path of the rocket. After some trial and error I accidently found out that a script error I had in the config solved that problem, so I left it in. Maybe it somehow interrupts the AGM ones. I know that this is not a clean solution, so I will try to find another trick to let it work.

This is a thing of beauty, i can not stop spamming it just for the sounds. Ears are ringing and mrs is pissed but oh its worth!

I already though about the NV-sights. But I don't think that the mounting bracket works for the new AT4 variant, which I modelled. The firing mechanism moved forward, and so the bracket, which is at the position of the rear iron-sight, could not be mounted there. But it looks like SAAB has a different solution for sights, so their new AT4 comes in different variants, one with ironsights and one with a sight mounting system and a secondary rail.

57FX7095_AT4%20CS%20ASTvinj.jpg

Here is another picture, which shows the AT4 again with a different mounting system, which is the one from the M3, so that the 'smart scope' from the M3 can be mounted on the AT4.

http://www.defence24.pl/uploads/images/dbf0329a955f29cdb66b18ff0df1ef1e.JPG (1873 kB)

I haven't seen a picture of a NV scope on the new AT4 until now, so I am not sure if that one can be mounted, since it would need a picatinny rail as far as I know.

The first variant with the reddot-sight only seems to be used for the Anti-Structure AT4, the sight does not look as if it supports zeroing. So the gameplay would not really benefit from it.The second variant with the auto-zeroing electronic sight looks interesting, but I am heavily against such things in Arma, since it is just boring to point at a tank and fire the weapon to hit him. In addition to that I don't think that a regular soldier would get such an expensive thing on his AT-weapon, which he would have to remove after firing the disposable weapon to bring the sight back to base.

So for now I think that I won't do the sight-variants of this weapon, but if I suddenly have a lot of time, I may think about it again :)

Interesting, I'm out of the loop when it comes to infantry anti-tank weaponry so didn't recognized which variant you were modeling. However I see on that AT-4 picture a rail for the laser designator. Older PEQ-2 or PEQ-15 is a cheaper option for night aiming than a NV scope, since most western troops do have access to personal night vision equipment today. Are there any limitation in ARMA to giving a launcher other attachments like on rifles ? Is it possible to make something like that modernized M72:

ranger-m72-law.jpg

A laser would definetly be possible, I think the second picture in my previous post also shows something that might be a laser module mounted the front picatinny rail. And I am really sure that launchers support the exact same attachments as rifles. Maybe I will simply add this front rail to the current ironsight-version, but I really don't like the idea of making something that does not exist in this combination.

Don't, rather consider it as another variant. I really hope you won't stop at the SMAW, and continue making other launchers and their variants too :)

Hi,

now I added the latest version of the M136 AT4 to the mod. It comes in three variants:

HEDP - against infantery and light vehicles

HEAT - against infantery and armored vehicles

HP - against armored vehicles

The real AT4 is disposable, and so is the AT4 from this mod. When you take this launcher out of the Virtual Arsenal or an Ammobox, you don't have to add the ammunition separately. As soon as you switch to the launcher, a rocket will be added to your inventory. Now you have to prepare the launcher by reloading, which will unfold the ironsights. After adjusting the range from 50 to 400m, the launcher can be fired. As soon as you open your inventory or switch to another weapon, the AT4 will be dropped on the ground with a changed model, so that it cannot be fired again.

The AT4 is usable in confined space. When you are using AGM, you should notice a significantly reduced backblast area. As long as you stand 1 to 1.5 m from a wall, you should not take any damage. This allows the AT4 to be used inside of buildings or near to friendly units when AGM is running.

Y7a4UJt.jpg

The script-error when firing is also gone. (It turned out that AGM changes the trajectory of the projectiles based on its upvector, not only on the velocity-direction.)

Download Version 1.3.1

Dropbox (73 MB):https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

This modification requires CBA to work: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178224-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3

Edited by BlackPixxel

Great news on the release. :) Especially the disposable aspect! Can't wait to give it a try, if I can manage to put your M3 down that is. Suddenly every mission I make has more armour in it :P

My only suggestion or request would be to politely ask if you would consider doing a Pazerfaust 3 in the future.

But as I said super happy with what you have done so far.

Great news, too bad I'll be stuck at work for next few hours, but we'll be using those later today.

Now, I'm assuming that you're going back to the SMAW, and with that I have a few questions if you considered those things:

1. loading the M3 and SMAW by another person (could be quicker);

2. 3D interface for the HE and ILLUM round: for example, reload animation interrupted with 3D shell model with the rotating fuse-cap to set detonation timing (using let's say: mouse wheel) instead of the 2D window.

3. 3D scope version for the M3 and SMAW sight.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Sundowner

I had to update the link after I found a situation where the script would not work. I also changed it so that only clients have to run the script, so that servers don't have additional calculations.

1. loading the M3 and SMAW by another person (could be quicker);

2. 3D interface for the HE and ILLUM round: for example, reload animation interrupted with 3D shell model with the rotating fuse-cap to set detonation timing (using let's say: mouse wheel) instead of the 2D window.

3. 3D scope version for the M3 and SMAW sight.

1. Sounds great, it would add another teamplay-aspect. But I am not sure how well I could do it. Maybe if everything else is finished.

2. I think that is to much effort for these two little functions.

3. The scopes are already 3D, I think what you want is that they are more like the vanilla 3D-scopes, so that you can see the outside of the scope. But I think that the scopes of the M3 and SMAW are to thin and to long, so that the scope itself would cover most of the sceen area, and the hole through which you could see the target would be very small. In addition to that, I am not a big fan of this zoomed outside view.

Edited by BlackPixxel

Does any of the launchers have lock-on?

Nope.

A bug I found :

Take any of the AT4, go to sound supressor, add 9mm suppr (?), it unfolds the optics, and if you press R the optics are turned 90 more degrees, which break it.

Anyway, your AT4 is really awesome. Than kyou again for those 2 great launchers.

A bug I found :

Take any of the AT4, go to sound supressor, add 9mm suppr (?), it unfolds the optics, and if you press R the optics are turned 90 more degrees, which break it.

It's not a bug, it's a feature :p

This 'suppressor'-item is required to keep the ironsights unfolded after firing the weapon and gets automatically attached to the AT4 after firing. As far as I know the config-command for hiding objects from the Virtual Arsenal is currently broken (but fixed on DEV-branch), so we have to wait until the next stable update so that I can hide it (as well as the empty AT4-tube).

All is ok then :D

Does it work with AI ?

"tf47_at4_heat" as weapon and "tf47_at4_m_HEAT" as magazine I presume ?