blackpixxel

TF47 Launchers [WIP]

Thanks for the patch :), I am still pretty hyped about this. The rpt errors for when you select the M3 MAAWS are now fixed :D!

Based on your changelog your probably appear of the rpt errors that still appear when firing (using the Virtual Arsenal here), wish I had a clue about how to fix them! But I thought it would be wise to post.

9:03:51 Error in expression <speedX>
9:03:51   Error position: <speedX>
9:03:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: speedx
9:03:51 Error in expression <speedY>
9:03:51   Error position: <speedY>
9:03:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: speedy
9:03:51 Error in expression <speedZ>
9:03:51   Error position: <speedZ>
9:03:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: speedz
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmoke1Jet.moveVelocity
9:03:51 Error in expression <positionX>
9:03:51   Error position: <positionX>
9:03:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: positionx
9:03:51 Error in expression <positionY>
9:03:51   Error position: <positionY>
9:03:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: positiony
9:03:51 Error in expression <positionZ>
9:03:51   Error position: <positionZ>
9:03:51   Error Undefined variable in expression: positionz
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmoke1Jet.position
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in ExhaustSmoke1Jet
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _position in ExhaustSmoke1Jet
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmoke1JetM.moveVelocity
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmoke1JetM.position
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in ExhaustSmoke1JetM
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _position in ExhaustSmoke1JetM
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmoke1JetL.moveVelocity
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmoke1JetL.position
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in ExhaustSmoke1JetL
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _position in ExhaustSmoke1JetL
9:03:51 Error in expression <speedX * 0.8>
9:03:51   Error position: <speedX * 0.8>
9:03:51 Error in expression <speedY * 0.8>
9:03:51   Error position: <speedY * 0.8>
9:03:51 Error in expression <speedZ * 0.8>
9:03:51   Error position: <speedZ * 0.8>
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmokeRefractPlane.moveVelocity
9:03:51 Error during compilation of bin\config.bin/CfgCloudlets/ExhaustSmokeRefractPlane.position
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _moveVelocity in ExhaustSmokeRefractPlane
9:03:51 Error during evaluation of expression _position in ExhaustSmokeRefractPlane

Keep up the great work fellas!

Okay, this RPT-log looks like it is caused by the jet engine exhaust effect that I used for the rocket. Looks like it is searching for the velocity of the jet, but there is of course no aircraft. The heat-haze effect itself seems to work, but the smoke trail is missing because of the errors.

Thanks alot, I will try to fix that in the next update by customizing the effects for the projectile too.

I disabled the RPT log to increase the lifetime of my SSD, maybe I should enable it again for testing.

It is possible to make the mod AGM compatible? Like backblast etc...

Yes it is. Quite easily actually. I can make a patch if i find the time today, if you want.

edit : Actually, it is AGM compatible. As far as the backblast goes. Since the launcher is inherited from Launcher_Base_F it should work just fine.

Edited by Dorak

Actually, it is AGM compatible.

Yes, thats true! I only meant the backblast...

The AGM backblast works just fine out of the box. I don't get your point.

The AGM backblast works just fine out of the box.

We tested it yesterday again - it didn`t work for us...

Do you have the agm_backblast pbo enabled? Because it works for my group. If that isn't it, it might be some kind of conflict? What other mods are you guys running?

I also don't have any problems with the backblast & AGM.

Instead of doing the SMAW now I keept that for later and started to work on an AT-4. For this weapon it should be possible to have ironsights with animated zeroing.

Here is an early WIP picture:

TrJbelo.jpg

More zeroable AT! Yes! I'm guessing this won't be the CS version with reduced backblast?

Do you have the agm_backblast pbo enabled? Because it works for my group. If that isn't it, it might be some kind of conflict? What other mods are you guys running?

Now it works - sorry guys and thanks for your help!

Hi,

here is a little update for the M3 MAAWS. The AT4 is still not finished, since I don't have that much time at the moment.

DROPBOX-LINK | VERSION 1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vu5m40jlii7e7ul/%40tf47_launchers.rar?dl=0

[ADDED] FFV469 SMOKE round

[ADDED] FFV545 ILLUMINATION round

[ADDED] Airburst for HE + distance selection for Illumination

[ADDED] Zeroing-animation of ironsight and optical sight

[iMPROVED] Indirect damage values (real HE-round has 50m kill-radius, ingame it is still less)

[iMPROVED] 3D-scope should look a bit better now and is nightvision-compatible

[iMPROVED] Zeroing-script is now part of the config -> should work 100% without delay

[KNOWN ISSUE] Script-Error when M3 is fired. I had to include this script-error to make the zeroing AGM-compatible, but I am looking for a better solution.

[KNOWN ISSUE] You may have to reload to get/ the airburst/flare-config entry in the action-menu.

The flare-ejection range can be selected between different fixed values. I dont know if the illumination-round of other nations are different, but this is how the flare round of the german Bundeswehr works. (They use the Carl Gustav only for battlefield-illumination)

Tj2bUsW.jpg

Edited by BlackPixxel

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hi Blackpixel,

Thanks for your exciting MOD TF47 Launchers, MAAWS is used frequently by Kellys Heroes for our various activitys!. We note that the MOD is WIP, and we thought you may like some feedback as such to enable you to make this MOD more accessible and useable for all out there in the Community. Tonight we added TF47 to our repo but unfortuantely we had a conflict with @CUP MOD, there appears to be a dependancy in the CUP MOD that overides TF47, removing the CUP .pbo produces an error that does not allow the Mission to load.

I hope this information is of use to you as you improve this MOD going forward, Please thank [KH]Jman for the info and of course if you require any further detailed info please contact us.

Regards,

Grinder.

I'll try to be a little clearer on the issue.

Your addon gets overidden by the CUP Mawws.

If I remove the CUP Mawws pbo from CUP your addon will then work BUT CUP is not so modular, there are other references to the CUP Mawws within CUP's addons which in turn causes a dependency error which on a dedicated server prevents missions loading. CUP is needed serverside on our server as certain AI units use it's elements so removing CUP from the server is not an option. I could ask all clients connecting to remove the CUP Mawws from there clientside installs but that is going to be difficult to control.

Ideally the conflict between your addon and CUP could do with being looked at from within your addon. If not I'll have to go through all CUP pbo's and remove all dependency references to it's CUP Mawws within. ;)

Lovely addon BTW liking it alot!

Edited by [KH]Jman

Heya,

as i build the missions and manage our public servers at taskforce47.de, i can say that we have no problems using both at the same time. The thing is that you have to load @CUP first, then load some other addon and then load @tf47launchers. In that order you can prevent cup from overwriding anything. For example, this is a modstring out of tadst:

"-mod=@cba_a3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@agm;@Arma2NET;@asr_ai3;@task_force_radio;@asdg_jr;@ares;@caf_ag;[color="#FF0000"]@CUP[/color];@clf_mods;@dg_british_aircraft;@dar_mtvr;@ewk_m1151;@fa18_a3;@hlc_ar15;@fhq_accessories;@hlcmods_ak;@hlcmods_core;@hlcmods_fal;@hlcmods_g3;@hlcmods_jsrs;@hlcmods_m14;@hlcmods_m60e4;@jakdo;@kyo_mh47e_a3;@stkr_bi;@mef;@zbe_cache;@rds;@rds_ag_comp;@realarmor;@rhs_afrusaf;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@sma;[color="#FF0000"]@tf47_launchers;[/color]"

Hope that will help you, Chris

//edit

PWS will automaticly load cup first afaik

Edited by christian2526

hmm, did actually try that with no effect. I'll try it again when I get a chance. Trying to enforce that on clients is easier said than done!!.

A real fix would be better!

We cant really find the error, we haven`t encounterd any errors since the last patch, no need to enforce it on the clients afaik. I only start up the mods in that way and it works.

Any plans on the CG M4

Maybe later, after I made some other ones. The M4 basically fires the same round as the M3, so it would not be that much of a difference. Of course it looks very cool and is a bit lighter. If I do it some day, then maybe with the smart sight, so that is has more difference to the M3.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work, can't wait for the AT-4, so we can finally remove some of the A2 ports. :)

The CG M4 Tacticoolness is off the charts:inlove:

The

looks friggin badass! Edited by Sorken

Very nice Mod.

I really like this launcher. :)

At the moment there are only some small points for improvement.

- The smoke from the smoke ammo is way to small

- You cant remove the scope in the Arsenal