code34

[MP][COOP] COMBAT ASSAULT - Official Thread

hi guys !

any new requirements ? :)

Port to other islands, option for using addons / different enemies?

i let user to make classic evolution :)

next release is coming soon !

hi guys :)

no news from a long time, 1.28 will be release in next days, currently in beta testing on : combat-assault.eu port 2502 :D

TOXIC MISSION, don't test it, you will never come back to other game

Edited by code34

hi guys :)

the 1.28 version has just been released:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v42mq6ojq3663p2/combat_assault.altis.pbo?dl=0

change logs:

- planes deployment are now like other vehicles with pop counter time

- add kneels, and tune redeployement.

- add translation stringtable.csv (if you want to translate in your own langage)

- add flare for enemy infantry during night

- add some local missions zone on the map

- put some random mines field

- tune fog for more realistic weather

- add ground target for enemies airplanes

- fix enemies vehicle type

- protect pop convoy zone

- accelerate night time

- and a lot of little tuning, and fixes for more stability

full details of the change logs at this place:

https://github.com/code34/combat_assault.altis/commits/master

Have fun

Edited by code34

hi guys !

any new requirements ? :)

Make an Iron Front version possibly?

Love the mission by the way, it's like a cross between Evolution and Domination to me with a bit of chaos thrown in. :)

thanks!!

Make an Iron Front version possibly?

hi :)

sorry i dont have the game :(

hello

I am sad to announce that but by agreement with JP, who helped me to fund the project, we stop servers next month because there are not enough players to justify their rentals.

http://www.combat-assault.eu

The servers were temporarily created to compete in the competition BIS and did not meet the expected success.

It concerns:

- Arma servers

- The TeamSpeak server

- The website

- The wiki

The thread on the BIS forum is open for those who want to post comments, or requests.

I would like to thank everyone who came and participated to know the project. Thank you all, and see you soon on a new project.

I'm sorry to see this project too go off! :(

code34, can you bring your famous WIT mission to ArmA 3!?

Keep up the good work! :jump_clap:

Just discovered this mission, and i like it...

I will host it for a month on 176.9.70.121 (m1ndfuck.de), if anyone wants to test it online :)

code34, can you bring your famous WIT mission to ArmA 3!?

hi :) there is no plan to support wit on a3 :(

---------- Post added at 17:59 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

I will host it for a month on 176.9.70.121 (m1ndfuck.de), if anyone wants to test it online :)

Thanks Nuno Basto & M1ndgames for your support :)

Edited by code34

No problem, my friends and me had a lot of fun with it, but may i make the suggestion to make the npc spawn range variable thru mission params?! I sometimes like to snipe as a lone wolf... i guess the current range as around 500m?

and can i ask you how the server stores user data over restarts? (i have a linux root and cant really use the known ones like inidbi and the arma2net supported ones...)

as i write this.. i didnt check if it even works on my host...

No problem, my friends and me had a lot of fun with it, but may i make the suggestion to make the npc spawn range variable thru mission params?! I sometimes like to snipe as a lone wolf... i guess the current range as around 500m?

and can i ask you how the server stores user data over restarts? (i have a linux root and cant really use the known ones like inidbi and the arma2net supported ones...)

as i write this.. i didnt check if it even works on my host...

for the range all is possible, but it will considerably have nagative effect on performance.

mission uses the server profiles to save/restore data on linux and windows.

for the range all is possible, but it will considerably have nagative effect on performance.

this for sure, but you could add the option and let players with highend machines have the choice. default could still be 500m or so...

mission uses the server profiles to save/restore data on linux and windows.

hmm.. could you explain this a bit more? i am building a mission for a while and im struggling to make player data persistent, because it needs to run on linux :/

can you contact me on steam? my id is m1ndfuck

this for sure, but you could add the option and let players with highend machines have the choice. default could still be 500m or so...

hmm.. could you explain this a bit more? i am building a mission for a while and im struggling to make player data persistent, because it needs to run on linux :/

can you contact me on steam? my id is m1ndfuck

you should check at this place :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172499-OO-PDW-oriented-object-Persistent-Data-World

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Good news there is a 1.29A beta version on the official server with the range parameter :)

you should check at this place :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172499-OO-PDW-oriented-object-Persistent-Data-World

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

Good news there is a 1.29A beta version on the official server with the range parameter :)

Great! Thanks for the update :)

Regarding persistence: I didnt see any info that inidbi must be loaded (which is a requirement for OO PDW), so i assume your mission doesent save on linux... I have now loaded the linux inidb and will test your mission with it... stay tuned :)

Edited by m1ndgames

Great! Thanks for the update :)

Regarding persistence: It seems like OO PDW also used IniDBi, which is currently not really supported. I know that there is a linux build, but i couldnt get it to work (have used it on windows b4, so its not a syntax issue)

PDW is an interface, it uses Inidbi or profiles

yep, just seen it:

string - can be "inidbi" or "profile"

hmhm... i hope this works, isnt there a permissions issue or something that also blocks player insignias? well... anyways.. this goes far too offtopic :D

BETA 1.29A changelog:

- fix kajman pop distance (can not anymore pop near friendly units)

- add global variables in initsqf to tune infantry, vehicles, air enemy units

- add lobby parameter for poping enemy distance (3,5,10 squares of distance) and poping probabilities for kajman

anyother request about the features ? :D

Is there something wrong with vehicle\aircraft\ammobox spawning, or it is on my side? After loosing a vehicle once it gets stuck on " Vehicle servicing. Vehicle will be available in 239 seconds.". That 239 sec mark never changes, and we are unable spawn anything again.

Otherwise, its a very interesting mission, very exited and going to play it more. Thanks.

Video, just restarted a mission on a clean unmodded ArmA3, spawned a bomber plane, get shot down, re spawned at an airfield and here we go

. I can assure you, this does not change in at least half an hour, and after some missions completed, and some deaths, re spawns, convoys destroyed, red sectors cleared etc.

Is there something wrong with vehicle\aircraft\ammobox spawning, or it is on my side? After loosing a vehicle once it gets stuck on " Vehicle servicing. Vehicle will be available in 239 seconds.". That 239 sec mark never changes, and we are unable spawn anything again.

Otherwise, its a very interesting mission, very exited and going to play it more. Thanks.

Video, just restarted a mission on a clean unmodded ArmA3, spawned a bomber plane, get shot down, re spawned at an airfield and here we go

[/url]. I can assure you, this does not change in at least half an hour, and after some missions completed, and some deaths, re spawns, convoys destroyed, red sectors cleared etc.

hi ! what version do you use ? :) where do you download it ?

it can happens if your old vehicle still alive with someone inside

hi ! what version do you use ? :) where do you download it ?

it can happens if your old vehicle still alive with someone inside

Latest steam version. With DLC pack. In a video I provided, I am the single player on server, and i crushed a bomber, not sure how can some one still be in it at all.