code34

[MP][COOP] COMBAT ASSAULT - Official Thread

Hehe.. I'll play a bit more and give you more feedback if possible. :)

hi guys :)

New release 1.34 of combat assault is avalaible !

- reduce enemies fleeing

- convoy go more often in inexplored zone

- use a global map grid for multi map support => take 2 minutes to export the mission on other map now :)

- fix enemies patrol on multi sector

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v42mq6ojq3663p2/combat_assault.altis.pbo?dl=0

Note: About git, all old branches were deleted cause they are not anymore used. I only keep the MANW branches for history reason.

lol difficult in the sense? :P

Game Difficulty or script tampering?

btw, can I please invite your attention towards this. Last post. 

I need a little help with waypoints.

Thank you :)

lol difficult in the sense? :P

Game Difficulty or script tampering?

btw, can I please invite your attention towards this. Last post. 

I need a little help with waypoints.

Thank you :)

in sense of Game difficulty, but i know some player who play solo  and like it :)

for waypoint, i don't use them in a cycle round, i create one wait for achivement, delete it, and create a new one, etc.

in sense of Game difficulty, but i know some player who play solo  and like it :)

for waypoint, i don't use them in a cycle round, i create one wait for achivement, delete it, and create a new one, etc.

Thank you for the response. All I am trying to accomplish is to spawn a convoy via scripts.

I request you to help me with these 2 matters, please:

1. As per my post on that link, if I do have all waypoint data in a separate waypoint.sqf, how do I execute it for each group after spawning them in objective.sqf, like so:

_grp = [getMarkerPos "marker", WEST, ["US_MGSPlatoon"]] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup //<<spawn the enemy
       // << what  should come here now to execute waypoint.sqf for the above spawned group

2. Going by your approach, what should come after the above mentioned spawngroup call to continuously generate wps on roads only with safe behaviour? Give me example of adding 2 wps, with a hint of how to add more to them. I believe I am comfortable with scripting of the duplication level.  :P

Thank you very much man :)

hello dudes !

any new extra requests for the next release ? :D

Just passing by to say that I enjoyed it very much! keep up the good work!

Just passing by to say that I enjoyed it very much! keep up the good work!

Thanks you ! :) All idea and feedback are good, express if you want another features or reroll somepart of the gameplay.

I have to think to the next release of Combat Assault 2 :D

Hi Code34,

First, wanted to say our group is really enjoying your Combat Assault mission, we've been playing it every night for weeks now.

In the notes for version 1.34 you indicated easy porting to other maps. I wonder if you could explain how to go about doing that? I tried to figure it out myself with much luck.

Great mission, and thanks for any help you could provide.

Hi Tuskegee_99th

Thanks you, feedbacks are always appreciated :)

Yes, it s easy cause you only have to move markers and objects at the right place on the map editor, and tune the init script of client directory AND warcontext directory.

The tuning is to set up the grid size object, replacing "31000" value by the size of the map. It s all ! :)

Im apologize cause normaly official servers use playable mission, and currently the alpha version is totaly broken. I m working on it, hope to deliver a new one very soon :)

Hi Guys

Any other feedbacks or requests for the next release ? :)

wow, no news from anyone :(

whether the mission is very bad or it is perfect. I think this is the first option, may be that I would get out something else later, and I'll put online the most recent release.

Just got back to this thread. Our group still plays this mission regularly and still enjoys it very much. I never did get around to trying to port it to different maps, although I have learned alot about mission making in the mean time. Looking forward to what you come up with for the next release. I'm beginning to tire a bit of mission which provide virtual arsenal, players just cannot resist playing around in the arsenal more than playing. One idea might be to incorporate something like s. crowe's Loadout Transfer 2 system and limiting players to only selecting already saved personal, mission, or server loadouts.

I'm going to play this mission some over the next few evenings with my group and ask them for other suggestions for changes. Thanks again for the good work.

Hi Tuskegee !

Thanks you for the feedback :)

I have to plan the start of a new coding sprint to develop the latest features. I was uninspired lately, but I hope to find the creative spirit in the coming weeks. Do not hesitate to back me all your wishes and I'll see how I can include them in the next version.

• Like 2

Hi Code34! 

My group and I play the mission regularly. If you're looking for suggestions, how about making the mission more dynamic (not sure how, I'm not super creative) or making more options such as removing artillery or making the HUD more modular. The most asked for feature by my guys though is definitely the option to remove arty.

Thank you for your work on the mission! We really appreciate all you've done.

normaly, you should already turn off artillery in the lobby parameter.

A new version 1.35.9.x is coming more simple and focus on the main idea.

It s compatible with all weapon addons and maps.

a beta release can be test on the official server:

combat-assault.eu port 2302

all feedbacks are welcome.

Hi,

One of the things that has frustrated me lately is any mission where the virtual arsenal is available to players. There are several problems with this;

First: Players often spend way to much time at mission start or during respawn in the arsenal trying to build or tweak their loadouts, to the detrement of the gameplay for the other players

Second: There is far to much temptation for players to try to become one-man-armies and carry much more than they should, and then complain about fatigue

Third: Virtual arsenal reduces the focus on teamwork as players build loudouts to their liking rather than their role in the team.

One possible solution I can think for this is to think about incorporating "Loudout Transfer" by S. Crowe, I think. And offering an option in the parameters to have either virtual arsenal or loudout transfer at mission start and during respawn. Loudout Transfer provides the possible to have role based loudouts that reside on the server and would be the only loudouts available. I'd love to hear thoughts from you and others.

• Like 1