Sign in to follow this  
tortuosit

Auto reporting broken? (Player: "There's an enemy...")

Hi,

in game options, I have turned "Auto report" off. But not only my player does continue to auto report, also he permanently reports members of other friendly squads as enemies. On map, they appear purple for a few seconds, then are blue. The babbling is not a problem; but the enemy reporting makes my group (which I do not command generally) go in higher awareness and slows down movement.

Mission maker says, it's not made by the mission. Hetman War Stories SP mission.

I only have aia terrain pack and cba_a3 loaded.

2014-12-15_00002yyxlo.jpg

Any ideas?

Thx

Edited by tortuosit

Well, if you want it off completely, just put the following in your init.sqf:

enableSentences false;

That's funny. I noticed the same thing while playing War Stories just yesterday. I also have the auto-reporting off.

I tried to replicate it in the editor without mods, and my character indeed doesn't auto report friendlies nor enemies. This was in today's dev branch. I can't remember which version I played the mission with though.

Funny, a few patches ago my AI was always shouting out enemy pilots even if there were no freaking pilots on the map. Occasionally, they still shout enemy while it really is a friendly.

That's funny. I noticed the same thing while playing War Stories just yesterday. I also have the auto-reporting off.

I tried to replicate it in the editor without mods, and my character indeed doesn't auto report friendlies nor enemies. This was in today's dev branch. I can't remember which version I played the mission with though.

I'm on stable. As for the Hetman mission you can see in Youtube videos, first thing that happens after spawn often is the player reporting an enemy, because usually friendly squads are around...

Yeah I've noticed this for a loooong time and it's extremely annoying. When a teamate yells "We have an enemy! Man 600!" - it draws your attention for combat only to find it's a friendly...

How does this happen? Target = SideEast execvm "Yell Loud Warning.sqf"

I really miss the frequency of "Unknown" from the OFP days as it brings much needed tension to the situation and is far more believable.

or when the text says "man front " and he yells "I've got an enemy - Rifleman - Front!!!!!" and then you check and guess what. Its a civilian 0.o

I think, we need to distinguish three separate things here.

1. Marking newly spotted units with purple (unknown), till there is knowledge high enough to recognize side, which seems perfectly OK.

2. Naming such new contact per "enemy", which I heard some time ago eg for freshly spotted civilians. It has no effect as for behavior change, just wrong phrase used. Usually it is "foot mobiles", "contact", "infantry" or "we have a movement" etc.

3. Because of new "purple contacts" group entering combat behavior, which I never saw so far, also in the mentioned HWS mission, although not played much lately.

If autoreporting switch in the options is broken (switching off doesn't work) - that's yet another thing.

Edited by Rydygier