Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Asus a7v does it support amd athlon xp 2600?

Hey i got a friend (he doesnt have internet) so i ask for him:

He asks if the ASUS A7V Mother board supports the AMD Athlonx XP 2600+ (The new 2.16 Ghz)

smile.gif

Thx for helping him

Forum = not helpdesk

Look up on the specs on the asus website,e-mail them if necessary.

Sorry if i'm blunt,i've just grown tired of this in one of the other forum's i frequent.

Hey Snake,

The basic A7V motherboard will only accept a CPU with 200FSB. About the highest one is a 1.4Ghz, which can be hard to find. The board will take the Duron CPUs as well.

Burl

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Burl @ Sep. 24 2002,21:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Snake,

The basic A7V motherboard will only accept a CPU with 200FSB. About the highest one is a 1.4Ghz, which can be hard to find. The board will take the Duron CPUs as well.

Burl

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ok i'll tell him to change his Motherboard tounge.gif

Motherboard's are cheap

Oops... forgot...

The CPUs the board accepts are:

AMD Thunderbird and Duron

Burl

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Sep. 24 2002,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Forum = not helpdesk

Sorry if i'm blunt,i've just grown tired of this in one of the other forum's i frequent.<span id='postcolor'>

Take a chill pill smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 24 2002,23:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Take a chill pill smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Drugs are bad, mmkay? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Sep. 24 2002,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Forum = not helpdesk

Sorry if i'm blunt,i've just grown tired of this in one of the other forum's i frequent.<span id='postcolor'>

at 88 posts, I'd say you aint exactly frequent, if you know what I'm sayin. Besides, who are you to tell him what to post and what not to? That's the mods' job

Here the page what AMD recommends,I don't know if this is your cpu or not.I had this link left over because i was doing some research on what the best MB is for amd cpu.

Forgot the link...

Here it is....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Burl @ Sep. 24 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Snake,

Burl

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

not strictly true, i have a A7V333 and i got a XP2000 running on there just fine wink.gif