Sign in to follow this  
milosv123344

How to make addon dependent on another addon?

Hello ! I've recently received permission from Robbert Hammer to make a sound mod for his pistol pack, since i already made the sounds , i need to make an addon that will depend on his rhs pistol pack and then post it on playwithsix. The mod itself at this moment just is a default Robert's pbo , which i extracted and replaced with my sounds and then repacked again to a pbo and put it in rhs pistol pack folder (its the only way i know how to make it work lol).

It started as a personal project but some people like the sounds (i provided them with sounds not the pbo itself), and i would like to contribute to the community by making this, further projects might possibly happen if i get permission for other weapon packs.

Configs and scripting is unfamiliar territory to me so i would appreciate any kind of help with this, whether over skype or any other means, of course when i upload the mod you will receive proper credits. Thanks!

Just add to your cfgpatches class the entry:

requiredAddons[] = {"addon name"}

The addon name (must be between commas) will be the cfgpatches class name from the addon you want to require (in your case the one where the RH pistol is included). If you are not sure just open the pbo that contains the pistol and look for the very first lines of its config. You will find the cfgpatches entry there. Use the name that is next to the word cfgpatches and that's all.

Edited by geloxo

Thanks, but haha, your reply reminds me of :

But in all seriousness tho, this is what i did:

I copied the sounds folder (from rh_de extracted pbo) with my sounds inside, and made a pbo out of the sounds folder.

After that i took the config BIN file (which was in a separate rh_de_cfg folder) , made it a CPP, edited the line "required addons" near the bottom - http://pastebin.com/wDD32cs0#

After that i converted it back to BIN

Copied it all in to addons folder inside the "@rh_pistol_sounds" , added it to the game but it still doesnt work, all i can hear are the stock sounds.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2vl89j8.jpg (163 kB)

Have in mind it took me hours to figure all this out as i didn't want to come asking questions after every setback , and there were many, but i am really stuck here, hope you can provide more detail :) Thanks!

:butbut:

Yup, this mod likely wont see the light of day :) , its like reading Chinese at this point, still, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer mate. I will probably go and provide the sounds to someone willing to incorporate them in their own mod rather than making my own. English is not my first language either. :D Moderator can lock this thread, or keep it open for discussion for other people in case they need to ask more questions.