Sign in to follow this  
magnus28

How do I test an aircraft from a mod in the editor?

Hi,

I was wondering if I were to take a mod I downloaded, how I could get one specific vehicle (in this case an aircraft) from the mod and load it into the editor so I could play around with weapon load outs and stuff.

For example, if somebody has a specific version of the SU-25, How do I tell the game that I want the one in the mod to be loaded and not the one that comes in the Air.pbo that it's packed in? Is there a way I could load this specific aircraft into the armoury for testing as well?

You should be asking the author that not the general forum, if anything he could tell you how, or do it for you.

he suggested I ask on the forum ironically.. guessing he was too busy to give me a detailed answer

Go to the editor, place a playable unit then place the plane you want finding it under the "Empty" option in "Place unit" dialog

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUH4tRyT_c5k8eM-aX5feKsd3yL4SG9Z9ycSBeFlvsPhHF2Cuf

Picture in spoiler shows the empty otion/ cars/ Hmww

Edited by Mirek

he suggested I ask on the forum ironically.. guessing he was too busy to give me a detailed answer

I see, well ok then, lol

how I could get one specific vehicle (in this case an aircraft) from the mod and load it into the editor so I could play around with weapon load outs and stuff.

First thing is first what mod?

and to open a pbo you need a tool, i use pbomanager myself.

But start with those two, what mod is it, what plane, and get yourself that tool.

I might be able to walk you through it, as I have edited plane loadouts myself for my own personal use.

As for testing wise Mirek above explained how to do it.