Sign in to follow this  
crabs

found something real cool pressing C key

i just found this out incase no one knew. while on foot press c key (combat pace toggle), you can shoot while your moving! locks crosshairs. you no longer have to stop to fire your weapon. make sure your not on sprint. its under configure>controls>keyboard>infantry movement>combat pace toggle, look for c key. hope you all enjoy. posted to help all the arma players. now you can play like other third/first person games!

Edited by user8
corrections adding lines.

i just found this out incase no one knew. while on foot press c key (countermeasure button), you can shoot while your moving! locks crosshairs. you no longer have to stop to fire your weapon. make sure your not on sprint. hope you all enjoy. posted to help all the arma players. now you can play like other third/first person games!

afaik the slow walk always had retained it´s shooting capabilities, no change since OFP at all.

Whereas, OFP and Iron Front, you could shoot while charging the enmy, all over the place, but you could :D

Whereas, OFP and Iron Front, you could shoot while charging the enmy, all over the place, but you could :D

I shot my big toe a lot doing that.

I shot my big toe a lot doing that.

That one time in bandcamp playing paintball i shot my big toe aswell ... with all the virtual safety instructions i´d gathered over the years, still fucked up :D

I just found out that by shooting armored vehicles with rockets, they really can be destroyed. Who knew...

No really It is good that you found that out, but it seems funny when you just stumbled upon a feature that I had been waiting a long time before arma 3. Arma 3 can sometimes be a really deep game that takes time to get into. Long time players might just forget what it was like the first few times we played arma.

Edited by Bumgie

No really It is good that you found that out, but it seems funny when you just stumbled upon a feature that I had been waiting a long time before arma 3. Arma 3 can sometimes be a really deep game that takes time to get into. Long time players might just forget what it was like the first few times we played arma.

Don´t worry, that´s mostly BI´s fault.

It´s not like they´d ever cared about proper manuals, tutorials, or even slightly useful training missions.

I remember having read a leaked press pdf about ArmA2 (which i posted here and almost got sacked for it by placebo) where it mentioned a FCS key for tanks. Unheard of in the game up to that time, really something new and useful. Then the game was released, no word in the manual about said key. Nowhere! The functionality is still there, yet nobody knows about it.

POS1 (or END?) iirc, if you´re wondering

Edited by Mr Burns

But that C-key stuff is shown in the videos that are linked unter Learn -> Community Guides, no?

But that C-key stuff is shown in the videos that are linked unter Learn -> Community Guides, no?

You are kidding right?

VR campaign

VR training sessions

Field manual (in game)

Community guides vids

Well, it's part of the basic controls... could've written "hey, you can walk with W"... but well, I'm glad you enjoy this feature! ;)

The 'weapon up' (jog) combat pace:

Notice the transition to prone from standing is a chunky 'stand to crouch;crouch to prone'.

--Weapon down (run) pace & sprint gives the smoother, faster belly-flop dive to prone from standing.

Edited by Ratszo
wrong info.

You just discovered one of the main features of A3?

The 'weapon up' combat pace generates less fatigue being slower.

That's not true. Upright combat pace with weapon up generates fatigue about 65% faster than normal jogging.

That's not true. Upright combat pace with weapon up generates fatigue about 65% faster than normal jogging.

Yep, i stand corrected, thanks.

Was confused with weapons down pacing.

Yep, i stand corrected, thanks.

Was confused with weapons down pacing.

Actually, I always thought combat pace with weapon lowered was the most cost-efficient way of moving. (Excluding walking, 'cause that's just too slow for longish distances.) But it turned out to be just as efficient as jogging with lowered weapon, only slower. It just looks cooler.

Actually, I always thought combat pace with weapon lowered was the most cost-efficient way of moving. (Excluding walking, 'cause that's just too slow for longish distances.) But it turned out to be just as efficient as jogging with lowered weapon, only slower. It just looks cooler.

In my case even on long distances walking is efficient because it's the only mode to recover stamine/reduce fatigue!

Like using in short bursts - usually after sprints when I'm tired.

What I like much more about is while being in the fast/non safe mode, if you press the shoot key or while keeping it pressed, he will get in the safe mode for a short time. That's really really cool!

Especially if someone just runs around the corner!

The 'weapon up' (jog) combat pace:

Notice the transition to prone from standing is a chunky 'stand to crouch;crouch to prone'.

--Weapon down (run) pace & sprint gives the smoother, faster belly-flop dive to prone from standing.

Thanks I just learned something new. Missed those belly flops.

I dont think thats correct.

Will test and get back to you.

I dont think thats correct.

Will test and get back to you.

I already tested it:

jogging with weapon down: fatigue increase 0,30%/s, speed 3,9 m/s

combat pace jogging with weapon down: fatigue increase 0,23%/s, speed 3,1 m/s

(arbitrary load weight, level ground)

Both have the same speed to fatigue ratio. So you should gain the same level of fatigue in the same distance.

Combat pace with weapon raised is very tiring compared to jogging though. Maybe too tiring IMO.

Edited by Greenfist

Yer Sorry, I miss read you at first m8, I thought you said Combat Pace weapon lowered is same as Combat pace weapon up ;)

I can understand why They did combat pace weapon up is more tiring than jogging weapon up though.

Combat pace weapon up = weapon up and ready, whereas Jogging is weapon up = not ready.

anyway Sorry I misread you :)

2 boring videos about what we just talked about :)

Combat pace

http://www.twitch.tv/bl1p/c/5699222

Jogging

http://www.twitch.tv/bl1p/c/5699262

Edited by BL1P

No problem. :)

Yeah I agree it should be tiring but I think it's too much; almost twice as much as jogging with weapon up. That's why I rarely use it.

Try climbing up the stairs while carefully clearing a house with moderate load; you'll be totally exhausted. :( I rather just sprint up and start spraying.

I play AT mostly ... try Sprinting up the stairs at 45kg :)