animander

Helvantis Terrain

Hey there, still loving this map. But the more I develop content for it the more I notice smaller flaws. In quite a few locations, objects are severly misplaced (they're floating for example), somewhat killing immersion and interfering with the gameplay. It feels the map could use one last polishing session in order to sort out these things. A few examples below.

Flying dumpsters at a construction site in the western part of Helvantis (I'd have to check the map for exact coordinates):

2015-07-25_00001alp3v.jpg

Wonky stairs at Castle Eisern, central tower:

2015-07-25_00002lvr9u.jpg

Tent on uneven ground in FOB Hölle:

2015-07-25_00003qlo82.jpg

And another strange tent placement in a camp in the eastern woods:

2015-07-25_00004x8r5w.jpg

If I run into more flaws I can post more images here if it helps. I really hope for a last revision but I'm looking forward to make use of all the cool locations in my upcoming SP campaign in any case. Thank you again for your efforts. ;)

I concur with IndeedPete........this is an awesome terrain, let down by immersion breaking object and building placement.

Would love to see some spit and polish someday ;)

I like the map. I really liked the destroyed city. I just finished putting in a lot of work on a mission to have battle in the city. I couldn't figure out why I kept getting shot. From soldiers that were pretty far away too. I thought something was wrong with the game telling me that I was killed by the wrong person. I am very sad to say that I found the problem. You can shoot through EVERYTHING. I was getting killed while prone with nothing but 10 foot tall rubble. Then I went behind walls and shot my guys on the other side. I really wish it worked cause I like that area. But AI not only shoot me, they see me as if I was on an empty battlefield. VERY sad :(

I like the map. I really liked the destroyed city. I just finished putting in a lot of work on a mission to have battle in the city. I couldn't figure out why I kept getting shot. From soldiers that were pretty far away too. I thought something was wrong with the game telling me that I was killed by the wrong person. I am very sad to say that I found the problem. You can shoot through EVERYTHING. I was getting killed while prone with nothing but 10 foot tall rubble. Then I went behind walls and shot my guys on the other side. I really wish it worked cause I like that area. But AI not only shoot me, they see me as if I was on an empty battlefield. VERY sad :(

That's true but seems to be a problem with AiA / A3MP. These building ruins seem to have the same bugs on other maps. Anyone tried this with CUP Terrains already?

Here you got guys I have just finished putting the finishing touches on my Zeus / MCC Template mission for Helvantis:

Tactical Helvantis:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484757358

Mission Features:

- Check Mission Parameters to make it snow or not snow.
- 81 player slots spread over 3 factions + Zeus for most missions.
- Admin has option to lock to 1st person only in the mission parameters regardless of game difficulty.
- Initial Spawns are set to random. No need to log in as Zeus for MCC players, initial spawns will be created automatically. Or you can log in as Zeus and set initial spawns the option is left to you.
- All mods and addons allowed. You can run any additional mods you like.
- 60 second Respawn time for infantry, 120 second respawn time for vehicles to punish death a little bit more.
- Mission features US Army, Russian Forces and Insrugent Armed Forces from RHS Escalation.
- Custom GAIA Artificial Intelligence settings to give a good challenge without being overpowered or too stupid.
- Clean User Interface, all unnecessary icons, UI features have been disabled and streamlined for a more slick and immersive experience.
- Full ACE 3, Task Force Arrowhead Radio and ACRE 2 compatibility
- Roles are locked in the lobby screen, only medics can use medkit, only engineers can repair vehicles etc.

Plus much much more.

Required Addons:

Helvantis Terrain

All In ArmA Terrain Pack or CUP Terrains
RHS Escalation
Community Based Addons
Mission Control Center Sandbox 4

Helvantis still requires AiA TP. Would it be possible to make it CUP Terrains-compatible?

So far I'm getting this error with CUP Terrains:

Addon 'anim_helvantis_v2' requires addon 'Chernarus'

Thank you!

Looks like you just need to launch Chernarus from CUP as well. I did so (by accident) and Helvantis ran fine with CUP.

Has anybody tested this map with CUP and know if the buildings are still paper thin for bullets?

Last time I checked with CUP, some ruin buildings were solid and some were still penetrable.

Thanks for updating  :D

No problem, sorry it took me so long to get it updated for Arma3 patch 1.6 

Updated mod v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Animander , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

I concur with the reported issues. Unfortunately this map appears very broken. We made a mission in the Lower Grammendorf Ruins and were getting shot through all perceived cover. AI could see through ruins/buildings/rubble and shoot us and we couldn't see them, even with thermals.