fn_Quiksilver

Which faction do you prefer to play as

I prefer to play as:  

87 members have voted

1. 1. I prefer to play as:

• CSAT
    • NATO (incl FIA)
    • AAF

Limited in scope, the battalion-sized force...

That's smaller than Malta. And the Armed Forces of Malta don't have even IFVs. The AAF shouldn't have Warriors or Merlins, not to say about MBTs and jets. It could have been a really interesting faction, placed in-between NATO/CSAT and FIA in terms of firepower, very limited in capabilities and resources and yet acting as a conventional force. Shame that BI choose to cater to the BF/COD crowd: "balance everything, AAF should have tanks, chopper gunships, jet fighters, aircraft carriers and nukes".

Keep in mind that AAF and CSAT are working together. You are missing a heavy attack helicopter on the AAF side in one of your missions? Well, then add a CSAT squad that fills this role. Will be more in line with the main games story anyway.

AAF having *some* heavier armor makes sense, as the island has to deal with guerillas since a while now, but it shouldn't go too far overboard... Like it was written already, that's what CSAT is for.

Keep in mind that AAF and CSAT are working together. You are missing a heavy attack helicopter on the AAF side in one of your missions? Well, then add a CSAT squad that fills this role. Will be more in line with the main games story anyway.

AAF having *some* heavier armor makes sense, as the island has to deal with guerillas since a while now, but it shouldn't go too far overboard... Like it was written already, that's what CSAT is for.

Not really. The CSAT aren't working together so much as supplying them. You only fight them in the campaign really if you

Don't listen to Command and Help the CTRG

Aside from that, I know I'm not the only one who fights as the AAF vs. Everyone

Not really. The CSAT aren't working together so much as supplying them. You only fight them in the campaign really if you

Don't listen to Command and Help the CTRG

Aside from that, I know I'm not the only one who fights as the AAF vs. Everyone

MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN OF THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN.

You fight them a lot in the campaign, like for the ending of Survive and the majority of Adapt (e.g. the crackdown in Kavala, the mission where use the defecting AAF officer, the final mission of Adapt, it's implied that it's CSAT holding Nikos in attention deficit, you ambush CSAT in Supply Network, the second objective in Bingo Fuel is guarded by CSAT and you get the chance to kill a CSAT officer. You fight CSAT most of the time really.

MAJOR SPOILERS WITHIN OF THE OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN.

You fight them a lot in the campaign, like for the ending of Survive and the majority of Adapt (e.g. the crackdown in Kavala, the mission where use the defecting AAF officer, the final mission of Adapt, it's implied that it's CSAT holding Nikos in attention deficit, you ambush CSAT in Supply Network, the second objective in Bingo Fuel is guarded by CSAT and you get the chance to kill a CSAT officer. You fight CSAT most of the time really.

I only fired upon AAF forces. The only CSAT I saw were Orca's, but they always deployed AAF Soldiers :l

Well one could justify that the AAF would spend a chunk of money to get military equipment over a looming conflict. Don't forget, the armored vehicles hadn't come in until later, and they were labelled as reinforcements. As for the jets, they're Trainer/COIN aircraft fitted with two configurations, something almost any small country could do. The Alca shouldn't cost that much, a single engine sub sonic platform. The biggest disappointment to the AAF, is Naval assets, seeing as they are an island in the middle if the ocean. One light attack boat, and a rubber boat with two skins. Probably a feature of the balancing act. Then again, I still like the AAF.

AAF definitely for me. But only because of the 'Leopard 2 MBT Revolution' tank, a.k.a: MBT-52 Kuma. Love breaking through FIA roadblocks with that thing.

Plus the AAF uniforms look at best somewhat contemporary, a thing that I happen to like on them.

To bad the AAF don't appear to quite optionally survive the Altis war in the end..

AAF definitely for me. But only because of the 'Leopard 2 MBT Revolution' tank' date=' a.k.a: MBT-52 Kuma. Love breaking through FIA roadblocks with that thing.

Plus the AAF uniforms look at best somewhat contemporary, a thing that I happen to like on them.

To bad the AAF don't appear to quite optionally survive the Altis war in the end..

[/quote']

^ This.

AAF all the way! I absolutely love their camo and - as a Brit - their vehicles.

While they have weaker weapons I prefer AAF over the other nations, but I still like CSAT:s vehicles and their fixed wing cas is my favourite plane in the game.

I play CSAT, but then again I'm pretty biased.

Even if, secretly, I do like the vanilla look.

Wow, you are the last person I would expect to like CSAT vanilla xD

Wow, you are the last person I would expect to like CSAT vanilla xD

This actually made me lol, ahahahaha.

Getting a little kinky here...

BLUFOR mainly though.

For me I have been sort of jumping between the AAF and CSAT faction and at first I was more a fan of the AAF factions because I liked their look and their vehicles that they have (espeically their MBT and IFV), but after the win campaign episode when the new aircraft came it started to make me like CSAT more because I liked their jet a lot better then the Wipeout/Buzzard.

I really wasn't big on the NATO faction because with a lot of their look and or vehicles I did not care that much about, but like others have stated and even myself I noticed though I have been actually using NATO more because that is what mission makers, including myself mainly use as the player's faction.

BLUEFOR or AAF, but mainly BLUEFOR as they looks like the main faction in missions. I don't like CSAT...except secretly their uniform which resemble an interesting idea for a probable 2035 faction^^

I do wish the AAF and FIA were more "Greek" than they are (in regards to their language and equipment), but I prefer FIA or AAF because of honestly the more open horizon for mission making. There're fewer rules to follow, haha.

---------- Post added at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

I play CSAT, but then again I'm pretty biased.

I actually really like the vanilla look too, it's the lack of authenticity that gets me though :(

NATO weaponry just feels more reliable in my hand, even though I don't think jamming ect is modelled in ArmA 3. The vehicles look both sleek and intimidating at the same time as well =D

I reckon CSAT has a cooler language though, not sure what it is but it just flows well enough that it's badass to listen to =P

Well if we go for Vanilla factions i would say NATO.

But otherwhise its my own EW PMC Faction because it has exactly what i want :P