Sign in to follow this  
KingAlmond

Looking for Developers

And THATS WERE ME THE IDEA GUY COMES IN. Lol, really busy atm, have a lot of missions to work on. If you've seen the workshop my mission is the [Tier-1] Ground Level one (6k+ views in 5 days yey lol) so have a lot to work on, setting up a meeting

Is up to

You, add me

On steam. Sameign.

I doubt simply removing the cops would stop people from going crazy and start trying to kill everyone.

Using AI-cops to keep things in check might work. (Along with stricter regulations regarding firearms.)

Ok, there may actually be some potential there, if it takes a very distinct route and strictly follows a certain concept.

I would love to do something like this, but lack most skills to script it.

Plot to consider,

In a dystopic future Altis, law and order has begun to break down following a major energy crisis. Most of the Island has been reduced to low-populated communities with low fuel and a relatively peaceful life, with major cities still continuing to exist. However, gangs scavenge the lands and terrorize the population. As such, "the good guys", have been created to patrol the lands to uphold the remains of law and justice.

Here you insert your ideas of the "good guys" and "bad guys", possibly using a clan type mentality to encourage all out clan warfare on an epic scale. So you could have several types of groups, civ's, police, gangs, lone wolfs, etc... endless ideas.

You could use the gas stations and fuel trucks as key staples of the gamemode for the energy crisis, fighting over tankers and stations for fuel to rule the land. Only if Arma had (motorcycles, crossbows, axes, chain saws, baseball bats with nails) <---- shameless addon request,

This plot is from a late 70's movie for you youngsters. May be someone can get it right.

Well...we are trying to implement GTA aspects of dynamic things. We want to remove this whole concept of Civ v. Cops and add it more like actual civilian life. Where a civ can choose whatever he wants, have and endgame of ownership and more. Like we have a slight concept of adding stock market, train system and an airport system. We'd have these buy-able by civs - so its not 24/7 kill kill cops. We wanna try to push the standard I guess.

Also if this life-mod kicks off nicely, we plan to do more things. We want to make a community that keeps developing for Arma basically, but that is a long shot.

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

maybe implement a sh*t and piss animation

Theres already a pissing animation in the game, if you look inside the animation viewer, all it needs is a particle effect, and its... complete.

Theres already a pissing animation in the game, if you look inside the animation viewer, all it needs is a particle effect, and its... complete.

What about a pooping animation. No game is complete without one.

Also instead of a life mod...I was thinking maybe a mod where the characters think their alive but their really dead...death mod.

So, can we have like a meeting today.

Was busy the last day or so. I tried to add you on steam, it didn't work. Add me, KingAlmond.

Also check your PM.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

I would love to do something like this, but lack most skills to script it.

Plot to consider,

In a dystopic future Altis, law and order has begun to break down following a major energy crisis. Most of the Island has been reduced to low-populated communities with low fuel and a relatively peaceful life, with major cities still continuing to exist. However, gangs scavenge the lands and terrorize the population. As such, "the good guys", have been created to patrol the lands to uphold the remains of law and justice.

Here you insert your ideas of the "good guys" and "bad guys", possibly using a clan type mentality to encourage all out clan warfare on an epic scale. So you could have several types of groups, civ's, police, gangs, lone wolfs, etc... endless ideas.

You could use the gas stations and fuel trucks as key staples of the gamemode for the energy crisis, fighting over tankers and stations for fuel to rule the land. Only if Arma had (motorcycles, crossbows, axes, chain saws, baseball bats with nails) <---- shameless addon request,

This plot is from a late 70's movie for you youngsters. May be someone can get it right.

Well that is a decent plot (familiar to some Takistan Life elements.) Having some type of backstory to the map or mod would point in a good direction I assume. Further, we aren't using Altis :P, we are making our own map :)!

How on earth are you building a map for ARMA 3 without Visitor???

...low-populated communities with low fuel and a relatively peaceful life, with major cities still continuing to exist. However, gangs scavenge the lands and terrorize the population. As such, "the good guys", have been created to patrol the lands to uphold the remains of law and justice...

That sounds almost exactly like "mad max". (which isn't a bad thing)

That sounds almost exactly like "mad max". (which isn't a bad thing)

ding! ding!! ding!!!, yes it is from mad max. now since you got it right, you have to script it. lol

I hand you a virtual cookie for your correct answer.

Well for those of you contributing ideas, we decided to bring up this:

An island that has been ravaged by war/civil war is now barren/desolate, the current army whatever is left is being backed by a western force. The army is to main order at all cost. Civilians on the island are to survive at any cost, and choose any path they wish. Whether it be, 1) survive like a peasant, 2) survive and prosper into something bigger, 3) befriend the army and survive, 4) go against the army and survive you choose. This new idea/concept would have detailed crafting, building, medical and looting system. So it is essentially a life mod combined with dayzish elements, but the life mod & dayz foundations have been picked apart. For example this idea won't have Emts/Cops and it will focus mainly on survival etc.

What you guys think?