Moon_chilD

How to setup a Headless client

Hey guys,

I have a question. The title might be missleading.

I don't need help setting a headless client up in a mission. Actually I don't know how to use it in the first place.

Lets overlook the fact that I have a linux Server and that on a linux server the HC doesn't work that well right now (from what I have heard of)

How do I use the HC now.

Is the HC like an extra server I launch or how do I get it to work then? XD (I'm new to the world of server administration, so do be so harsh ^^)

Thanks a lot in advance

Many Greetings

Moony

I just got a HC to finally connect and stay connected to my server using Linux . I'm not going to go over linux commands or do this comprehensively (because I barely know how to navigate around Linux myself) but, Here's pretty much what you gata do (and highlighting points where I misstep-ed )

1) you no longer need to buy another copy of Arma 3 (Source)

2) Basically how you "launch" the HC is by launching another instance of the Arma3Server.exe but with diffrent launch properties.

However you need to set the server up to accept the incoming headless client.

Open up your A3server.cfg (or whatever config your server uses)

Add these 2 lines, I mistakenly forgot the "headlessClients" portion

headlessClients[]={"xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", ...}; //This is the IP the server looks for to identify the HC(s).
localClient[]={127.0.0.1, ...};  //define clients with unlimited bandwidth and nearly no latency
battleyeLicense=1;

Now save your .cfg and make a new .Arma3Profile for your headless client (you can name it whatever)

battleyelicense=1;

Cool, now you can put this where ever (like next to your servers profile). And now its time to launch the HC.

arma3server.exe -client -connect=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -password=yourpass -nosound -name=HC -profile=HC -mod=@CBA_A3;@blah;@blah;@blah

The HC should now connect to your server and look for his proper slot to join (by virtual entity). otherwise he'll just sit there spitting out an error constantly.

hope this helps!

Edited by Zenatsu

Hi all.

I've made a quick video on how to setup headless client on a Windows PC. A few people have found it helpful so I've posted it below to save you guys the hassle of trying to figure it out.

How to Setup Headless Client

Good luck!

Mitch

for me still not working 

still steam authenfication failed. 

-------------I have set into my server.cfg 

headlessClients[] = {"127.0.0.1","208.92.19.214"};
localClient[]={"127.0.0.1","208.92.19.214"};
// BattlEye Anti-Cheat License
//  0 = decline
//  1 = accept
battleyeLicense = 1;

------------------My HC profiles: 

version=1;
blood=1;
volumeCD=5;
volumeFX=5;
volumeSpeech=5;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
brightness=1;
battleyeLicense=1;   // with or without this not working

i read alot of post and i see some video and im confused now , somoene can help me ? 

----------------my start up paramenter of my server

./arma3server -ip=0.0.0.0 -port=25500 -cfg=basic.cfg -config=server.cfg -autoinit -enableHT -profiles=D-Trox -mod="" -servermod="@infiSTAR_A3;"

------------------my HC

./arma3server -client -connect=208.92.19.214 -port=25500 -nosound -name=HC -password=bob -profiles=profiles -mod=""

Thank you 

On 5/4/2020 at 6:10 PM, Davinel said:

./arma3server -client -connect=208.92.19.214

If your HC runs on the same server, why don't you connect to localhost? 127.0.0.1

7 hours ago, Dedmen said:

If your HC runs on the same server, why don't you connect to localhost? 127.0.0.1

is running into the same server but not into the same docker 

i didn try to connect with 127.0.0.1 if it work for a different docker ,but i try to fix this way