Sign in to follow this  
cthulhu616

Waypoint Eventhandler

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if there isn't something like an eventhandler for Waypoints, especially something like a WaypointDone Eventhandler.

any ideas?

grz cthulhu

Hey

Firstly, apologies for posting in a slightly unrelated discussion. I've only just joined the forum and don't seem to be able to start threads! Couldn't find any explanation for this yet...

In any case, I'm pretty new to editing in ARMA, and I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to use waypoints how I want to...

What I want to happen:

- Mission starts, friendlies are stood around for a short period of time "at ease".

- After a set time period, each individual soldier moves separately to their own unique location, with orders to hold fire.

- When all units are in position, they wait say 3 seconds before opening fire (all at roughly the same time)

- Soldiers move (independently again) to their next location and repeat.

Sadly, I can't get units to pause before going to their waypoint. The mission starts and they just move straight from one point to the next.

I've tried using the timer box in the waypoints and no number seems to have any effect.

I've also tried placing something in the condition box (alphamove == true) or something to that effect, but no joy.

Also if you can provide any advice on how to get units to be "at ease" but not moving from their starting point that would be useful.

And finally any advice on how I'd go about making sure all units are in position before they open fire would be great.

Best,

Lawman