lightspeed_aust

Ghost Recon in A3 Experience

Hey lads, just a quick update. Got hammered with a brutal virus following the holidays which put me in hospital for a week and lost 8 kilos. Will recommence work on these missions now.

Hey Lighty, get better and let me know if you need any assistance.

Ouch, that sounds nasty. Take it easy; viral infections can really knock your system down.

Best wishes

Orc

Good to hear and glad you made it through...

Lightspeed_aust

Your missions were the BEST I ever played.

I am so looking forward to your work on this project.

I can't wait.

if you need a small group to test for you on a dedicated server please let me know.

We play most Friday nights.

Really looking forward to this.

Are you planning to add a water component now that we have the ability to swim and dive?

(holy Crap I just ready your virus thread. Hope you recover 100%)

Thanks

Edited by Styxx42

Lightspeed_aust,

hope you're recovered and want to echo what Styxx said, we have thoroughly enjoyed your GR series missions for the last few years and are really looking forward at an A3 series.

Not to try and bump the line, but we would be happy to playtest anything you need playtested - we do a solid 4 to 6 player session every Friday night.

Hope you are well and looking forward to it.

Theopolus

ok quick update - I'm in a new clan now and set to test and release missions.

I will provide details of the modset shortly and start posting missions after that.

Welcome back mate, hope you are completely recovered now.

Will the missions have an SP option?

Welcome back mate, hope you are completely recovered now.

Will the missions have an SP option?

Lighty if you'd like to allow SP but still use two separate teams, there's a nice solution for that: set a radio trigger to join both teams. Even if the insertion points are separated an SP player would be able to issue the other team commands.

Another option would be to assign waypoints to the AI team leader.

Lighty if you'd like to allow SP but still use two separate teams, there's a nice solution for that: set a radio trigger to join both teams. Even if the insertion points are separated an SP player would be able to issue the other team commands.

? - you mean 'command both teams' without using HC? I didn't know a player could join more than one team. Would you be kind enough to point me to an example of this (so as not to go potentially OT here)?

? - you mean 'command both teams' without using HC? I didn't know a player could join more than one team. Would you be kind enough to point me to an example of this (so as not to go potentially OT here)?

You cannot join more than one team as a player, but you can join several groups into one. Suppose you have squad group1 and squad group2:

units group2 joinSilent group1;

will move all units for group2 under the command of the group1 team leader.

I'm focused on MP coop sorry - it's a pain to rework everything to SP.

Maybe down the track after I have a lot of missions released to MP.

@LS: OK, I understand (Orc sobs...)

@Alwarren: thank you.

not having much luck here with testing missions - can't seem to get a coop clan in Australia to host them.

ridiculous really - might have to start handing them over to you Variable for CIA to run.

We will be honored testing your campaign Lighty!

Feel free to send them over to me, but I recommend you open a topic on our mission release board so we could provide feedback in an organized and controlled manner like we did for Fuiba and his awesome Versus PMC coop campaign.

Edited by Variable

this is finally going to see the light of day thanks to CiA for their assistance and advice - I'm thinking I will host them via the Steam Workshop.

not long now. ;)

Awesome I've long enjoyed your campaigns.

I hope that this one will have a coop version.

this is finally going to see the light of day thanks to CiA for their assistance and advice - I'm thinking I will host them via the Steam Workshop.

not long now. ;)

Excellent :) Just make sure to include a direct download link as well for us server admins...

For the real GR fans - you would know and love Castle Day.

I've just about finished a remake of that particular map and I think you're gonna love it!

• Like 1

Not a mission yet but there will be a mission on the remake of the original castle -

Drum roll please......

castle1.jpg
castle2.jpg
castle3.jpg
castle4.jpg
castle5.jpg
castle6.jpg
castle7.jpg
castle8.jpg
castle9.jpg
castle10.jpg
castle11.jpg
castle12.jpg
castle13.jpg
castle14.jpg
castle15.jpg
castle16.jpg
castle17.jpg

Also happens to be one of the greatest PvP Ghost Recon maps ever made - coming soon to Arma 3. :)

• Like 4