slatts

Community Texture Templates.

@Meds1

Changing the buttons requires a custom belt texture (replacing paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa, etc.) and using a modified rvmat + smdi + nohq texture.

Unfortunately, there's no way to retrieve data from the rvmat via the Config Browser. You can technically recreate it with some trial and error along with dumping the specular and normal textures but it might take a lot of tries to get it right.

• Thanks 1

Some time ago (2015) i found that the stock black beret is the same of the english red devil beret in A2OA.
I positioned the old one in photoshop and i generate the occlusion layer and the other layers. Needs, to  port in game ,  to edited the existing mtl file with the new textures. A small touch for the english soldiers already in game.
link to my google drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_Dp5KwvwU8-OXpIRjFxV0x4WFE/view?usp=sharing

EyCJHnTXMAE3Jw8.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, drebin052 said:

I'd strongly suggest using the Editor's Config Browser if you want to get configs, especially if you want paths for the non-AAF faction rvmats.

...but since you asked anyway:

CfgVehicles

Make sure your custom outfit(s) inherits from BI's Parade Uniform and Parade Uniform (Decorated) classes like this. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run since it won't require you to redefine the rvmats and accidentally break something:

To begin, if you want the materials from the [US] version inherit from B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F for the baseline non-aiguillette version and B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F for the one with aiguillettes on the shoulder.

Hide contents

// External class references
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F;				//Non-decorated
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F;		//Decorated

class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_myCustomParadeUniform: B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F
	{
		modelSides[] = {6};									// Technically not needed but this will allow any faction's unit to wear it
		uniformClass = "U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniform";		// Replace this with your uniform class in CfgWeapons
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] =
		{
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",									// This is your retexture's .paa
			"",																				// Leave this blank
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa",		// Decorations for the buttons, etc.
		};
	};

// NOTE: For the decorated versions, hiddenSelectionsTextures uses four array elements instead of three.
	// The repeated custom texture is NOT a duplicate and is needed for the uniform to appear properly.
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_myCustomParadeUniformDecorated: B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F
	{
		modelSides[] = {6};
		uniformClass = "U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniformDecorated";
		{
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",		// #1
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",		// #2 (yes, this is needed)
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa",
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\ribbon_01_us_co.paa"
		};
	};

For materials from the [AAF] version, inherit from I_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_F (non-decorated) and I_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F (decorated). The hiddenSelectionsTextures array layout is identical to the [US] variant but swaps the belt/buckle textures to paradeuniform_decorated_01_aaf_co.paa and ribbon_01_aaf_co.paa instead.

For materials from the [CSAT] version, inherit from O_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_CSAT_F (non-decorated) and O_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_CSAT_decorated_F (decorated). As before, use paradeuniform_decorated_01_csat_co.paa and ribbon_01_csat_co.paa instead.

And finally, for materials from the [LDF] variant, inherit from I_E_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_LDF_F (non-decorated) and I_E_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_LDF_decorated_F (decorated). Likewise, replace the vanilla [US] textures with paradeuniform_decorated_01_ldf_co.paa and ribbon_01_ldf_co.paa.

Note that for all of these uniforms, if you use a custom ribbon do not forget to replace the path to ribbon_01_xx_co.paa ('xx' being the faction's acronyms) and redirect it to your own retextured ribbon texture. Otherwise, it will automatically default to using the vanilla ribbons from the parent BI class which you inherited from.

CfgWeapons

The uniform items shouldn't be too difficult for you to implement. Just copy BI's configs and redirect the uniformClass to your own custom retextured CfgVehicles class instead:

Hide contents

class UniformItem;
	class Uniform_Base;

// Inherit from vanilla. You don't have to do this but it saves you the trouble of having to redefine most tokens.
	class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F: Uniform_Base
	{
		class ItemInfo;
	};

class U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniform: U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F
	{
		author = "Some_Guy";
		displayName = "Parade Uniform, Custom [US]";
		picture = "link\to\your\custom\uniform\icon\here.paa";	// Your icon for the uniform
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			uniformClass = "B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_myCustomParadeUniform";	// Your custom class in CfgVehicles
		};
	};

Should mention that I forgot to include a template for the CfgWeapons suitpacks since Art of War has a dedicated suitpack model for both the Formal Suit and Parade Uniform. From what I can tell though, they aren't that much different from suitpack_universal_f.p3d's UV so you can simply use that as a reference if you really need to.

Thanks mate! Felt kinda lazy to open up the config editor lol Will send pics later today

Hey, I'm back again, I can't seem to find the PBO with the GM uniforms. I found the ebo.gm.bisign files for the what I assume is the uniforms, but no PBO to get them from.
Is there some special tool I need to find, or is my retexture project dead before it even begins?

Never mind, I'm a dipshit. ignore me

Edited by Liquid Lorgar
found the issue

I have been looking for a template for the RHS and/or CUP stryker, but have come up short. If anyone is willing to lend a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

On 3/21/2021 at 12:00 PM, drebin052 said:

I'd strongly suggest using the Editor's Config Browser if you want to get configs, especially if you want paths for the non-AAF faction rvmats.

...but since you asked anyway:

CfgVehicles

Make sure your custom outfit(s) inherits from BI's Parade Uniform and Parade Uniform (Decorated) classes like this. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run since it won't require you to redefine the rvmats and accidentally break something:

To begin, if you want the materials from the [US] version inherit from B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F for the baseline non-aiguillette version and B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F for the one with aiguillettes on the shoulder.

Hide contents

class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F;				//Non-decorated
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F;		//Decorated

class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_myCustomParadeUniform: B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F
	{
		modelSides[] = {6};									// Technically not needed but this will allow any faction's unit to wear it
		uniformClass = "U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniform";		// Replace this with your uniform class in CfgWeapons
		{
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",									// This is your retexture's .paa
			"",																				// Leave this blank
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa",		// Decorations for the buttons, etc.
		};
	};

// NOTE: For the decorated versions, hiddenSelectionsTextures uses four array elements instead of three.
	// The repeated custom texture is NOT a duplicate and is needed for the uniform to appear properly.
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_myCustomParadeUniformDecorated: B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F
	{
		modelSides[] = {6};
		uniformClass = "U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniformDecorated";
		{
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",		// #1
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",		// #2 (yes, this is needed)
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa",
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\ribbon_01_us_co.paa"
		};
	};

For materials from the [AAF] version, inherit from I_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_F (non-decorated) and I_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F (decorated). The hiddenSelectionsTextures array layout is identical to the [US] variant but swaps the belt/buckle textures to paradeuniform_decorated_01_aaf_co.paa and ribbon_01_aaf_co.paa instead.

For materials from the [CSAT] version, inherit from O_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_CSAT_F (non-decorated) and O_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_CSAT_decorated_F (decorated). As before, use paradeuniform_decorated_01_csat_co.paa and ribbon_01_csat_co.paa instead.

And finally, for materials from the [LDF] variant, inherit from I_E_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_LDF_F (non-decorated) and I_E_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_LDF_decorated_F (decorated). Likewise, replace the vanilla [US] textures with paradeuniform_decorated_01_ldf_co.paa and ribbon_01_ldf_co.paa.

Note that for all of these uniforms, if you use a custom ribbon do not forget to replace the path to ribbon_01_xx_co.paa ('xx' being the faction's acronyms) and redirect it to your own retextured ribbon texture. Otherwise, it will automatically default to using the vanilla ribbons from the parent BI class which you inherited from.

CfgWeapons

The uniform items shouldn't be too difficult for you to implement. Just copy BI's configs and redirect the uniformClass to your own custom retextured CfgVehicles class instead:

Hide contents

class UniformItem;
	class Uniform_Base;

// Inherit from vanilla. You don't have to do this but it saves you the trouble of having to redefine most tokens.
	class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F: Uniform_Base
	{
		class ItemInfo;
	};

class U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniform: U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F
	{
		author = "Some_Guy";
		displayName = "Parade Uniform, Custom [US]";
		picture = "link\to\your\custom\uniform\icon\here.paa";	// Your icon for the uniform
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			uniformClass = "B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_myCustomParadeUniform";	// Your custom class in CfgVehicles
		};
	};

Should mention that I forgot to include a template for the CfgWeapons suitpacks since Art of War has a dedicated suitpack model for both the Formal Suit and Parade Uniform. From what I can tell though, they aren't that much different from suitpack_universal_f.p3d's UV so you can simply use that as a reference if you really need to.

Heyyyyyy! Whats the texture for the nametape?I cant figure it out sadly 😞

If anyone has any retexture templates for the AKM and AKS-74u it would be really appreciated

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have the formal costume template from the Art Of War DLC? It would be great to have a little fun making creations.

John

Templates for AoW's Formal Suit are now available. Unlike the Parade Uniform, the Formal Suit is a bit more straightforward and is much easier to set up config-wise so you only need to make one texture as opposed to three with fancy rvmats.

Download link available here (Google Drive). The templates were made with Photoshop CC 2015 but should be compatible with CS5/CS6+ (I think...no guarantees!).

JlTgzAx.png

Jxy3Vj4.png

The templates are split to accommodate both model variants, though there isn't actually much of a difference between the two aside from the obvious lack of a tie on the T-Shirt model.

• Like 4

Hey guys, does anyone have a repo or upload of all/most available PSD templates for uniforms/gear please? I have the ones in the Arma 3 Samples pack, but I am mainly looking for gear that I can retexture and make more "guerilla-y". There used to be a really great pack on Armaholic (RIP) and unfortunately all of the other links I have come across are dead. Appreciate any assistance, and I will be sure to credit you in any rextures that I make publicly available. Thanks in advance.

On 8/18/2021 at 11:10 AM, drebin052 said:

Templates for AoW's Formal Suit are now available. Unlike the Parade Uniform, the Formal Suit is a bit more straightforward and is much easier to set up config-wise so you only need to make one texture as opposed to three with fancy rvmats.

Download link available here (Google Drive). The templates were made with Photoshop CC 2015 but should be compatible with CS5/CS6+ (I think...no guarantees!).

JlTgzAx.png

Jxy3Vj4.png

The templates are split to accommodate both model variants, though there isn't actually much of a difference between the two aside from the obvious lack of a tie on the T-Shirt model.

Hi !
I looking for modify this texture, is it possible ?
Because when i look for the formal suit texture, its in a EBO (encrypted)
So can you tell me how i can do that please ?

Thank for your work !

Edit : Maybe you have the config ? With that and your template, i can do my modification 😃

Edited by PetrovDumass

@PetrovDumass

Just find these following classes and copy how they're set up:

CfgWeapons

U_C_FormalSuit_01_tshirt_black_F

CfgVehicles

C_Uniform_FormalSuit_01_black_F

C_Uniform_FormalSuit_01_tshirt_black_F

You can use the vanilla Editor's Config Browser to take a look. POLPOX also has a custom browser that can be used to search through it as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, drebin052 said:

@PetrovDumass

Just find these following classes and copy how they're set up:

CfgWeapons

U_C_FormalSuit_01_tshirt_black_F

CfgVehicles

C_Uniform_FormalSuit_01_black_F

C_Uniform_FormalSuit_01_tshirt_black_F

You can use the vanilla Editor's Config Browser to take a look. POLPOX also has a custom browser that can be used to search through it as well.

Hey, big thank for your response

But for me, tell me if i am in the wrong way but the config folder for the formal suit of AoW is in a EBO, so how i can copy them ?

Sorry if for you it is simple, i've never have problem like this in a retexture

It's still encrypted but you can access the classes through the Config Browser. Go into the Eden Editor and select the Tools tab -> Config Viewer.

hL6Vj9c.png

• Like 1