slatts

Community Texture Templates.

Is there a camouflage template for the AAF's digital floating around anywhere out there?

On 8/2/2020 at 9:07 AM, -Joe- said:

Is there a camouflage template for the AAF's digital floating around anywhere out there?

da12thMonkey posted a swatch for the uniform version here.

The variant used on vehicles and aircraft is slightly different though. As I recall, someone on the (defunct) Facepunch forums camo thread made a swatch but it's long gone by now.

On 8/4/2020 at 8:34 AM, drebin052 said:

da12thMonkey posted a swatch for the uniform version here.

The variant used on vehicles and aircraft is slightly different though. As I recall, someone on the (defunct) Facepunch forums camo thread made a swatch but it's long gone by now.

Thank you for that - it's proven quite useful! \o

It's a bugger the vehicle / aircraft swatch is gone - admittedly, I've never been a huge fan of the pattern on vehicles, so I can work around that.

Hello, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I was hoping that someone might have some Retexture templates (like the ones in the Arma 3 samples, with layers and such) of the AKM, AKS-74U, Titan Launcher, RPG-7 and RPG-42?

Thanks for the reply, sadly the CUP dev templates did not have what I was looking for (in case I was not clear, I am looking for retexture templates for Apex AKM, AKS-74u and RPG-7, and base game Titan Launcher and RPG-42).

Can you by any chance link or send me your RPG-42 template?

23 hours ago, General Kong said:

Can you by any chance link or send me your RPG-42 template?

Sure things man, no worries. Will send you a private message :)

On 8/29/2020 at 3:49 PM, General Kong said:

Hello, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.

I was hoping that someone might have some Retexture templates (like the ones in the Arma 3 samples, with layers and such) of the AKM, AKS-74U, Titan Launcher, RPG-7 and RPG-42?

Merged your thread in to the existing pinned thread.

Anyone got a template for the LDF uniform? The one with the field jacket
EDIT: Nevermind, I made my own as it is just the AAF officer uniform and AAF combat uniform combined, the officer uniform being the first hiddenselection texture and the normal one being the second

• Like 1

Does anyone have a template for the tracksuit/ Russian uniform from Contact yet? 

Game files are still encrypted and the template is not part of the released samples. Unless the textures are part of something already released earlier. 

On 11/13/2020 at 3:10 AM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Does anyone have a template for the tracksuit/ Russian uniform from Contact yet? 

Game files are still encrypted and the template is not part of the released samples. Unless the textures are part of something already released earlier. 

Gorka Texture

• Thanks 1

I don't suppose anyone has a template for the Tanks DLC AAF Tanker coveralls?

On 12/9/2020 at 2:28 AM, -Joe- said:

I don't suppose anyone has a template for the Tanks DLC AAF Tanker coveralls?

Not perfect but here you go. Zippers for the pockets and seams are on separate layers and you can change the texture for the fabric parts on the shoes too, though I've left the leather-ish parts untouched.

VcZ5jT9.png

(Google Drive link here)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You're a star - thank you drebin052!

Hi guys,

I am currently retexturing AAF for a Winter faction and I stumbled apon a minor texture problem using hiddenSelectionsTextures with the GA Carrier Lite (Digital) / V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl. The Handle at the back of the vest stays original (green).  Strangely enough the handle is white like intended with the second AAF Plate Carrier Model, GA Carrier (Digital) / V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl.

Is there maybe another hiddenSelection like e.g. for the sniper ghillie (camo3/camo4)?? Or do I have to live with a green Handle on my white vest? 🙂

picture

EDIT: BI has an official template available in the official Arma 3 Samples pack. I'll leave the Google Drive link for my template but I would strongly recommend switching over to using that instead.

Until BI releases an official template on the Samples pack, here's Art of War's Parade Uniform:

U4OKMhi.png

GRE48bW.png

Available for downloading here (Goggle Drive linky). Comes with most of the bells and whistles so you can add stuff for the nametag and ribbon selections too.

Some caveats to note with regards to the template:

• The template is based on the AAF version which as far as I can tell has no customisations to its normal texture as opposed to the LDF/CSAT ones, which feature their respective faction's emblem engraved into the suit's collar. Same goes for the U.S. Army variant which has stripes for the pants.
  • The nametag can be either partially transparent with only the text being visible (be sure to edit the alpha channel properly to reflect this) or can be on top of a flat colour of your choosing using a solid alpha channel.
  • The ribbon can be customised based on a 3x3 grid layout which can support up to nine decorations in total like this (the black "bar" at the top is a part of the texture; nothing placed here will be visible in-game though)

fsBM0Aq.png

• However, if you don't require all nine cells you can still "hide" those parts of the ribbon. All you have to do is blacken out those cells in the alpha channel.
    • For instance with the exception of one cell (A3), ribbons on the U.S. Army variant make full use of the remaining eight cells (A1/A2/B1/B2/B3/C1/C2/C3).
    • On the other hand, the AAF's ribbons only use the A2, B2, C2 and C3 cells. The rest of the texture space is black on its alpha channel.
  • Note that a template for the belt is not included. You'll need to make your own template for that one because all four variants in vanilla have a customised buckle with an engraved logo of the faction's emblem in the diffuse, specular and normal textures. You will need to use your own .rvmat + those three textures modified to properly retexture the belt.
Edited by drebin052
  • Like 6

On 3/16/2021 at 8:02 AM, drebin052 said:

Until BI releases an official template on the Samples pack, here's Art of War's Parade Uniform:

U4OKMhi.png

GRE48bW.png

Available for downloading here (Goggle Drive linky). Comes with most of the bells and whistles so you can add stuff for the nametag and ribbon selections too.

Some caveats to note with regards to the template:

• The template is based on the AAF version which as far as I can tell has no customisations to its normal texture as opposed to the LDF/CSAT ones, which feature their respective faction's emblem engraved into the suit's collar. Same goes for the U.S. Army variant which has stripes for the pants.
  • The nametag can be either partially transparent with only the text being visible (be sure to edit the alpha channel properly to reflect this) or can be on top of a flat colour of your choosing using a solid alpha channel.
  • The ribbon can be customised based on a 3x3 grid layout which can support up to nine decorations in total like this (the black "bar" at the top is a part of the texture; nothing placed here will be visible in-game though)

fsBM0Aq.png

• However, if you don't require all nine cells you can still "hide" those parts of the ribbon. All you have to do is blacken out those cells in the alpha channel.
    • For instance with the exception of one cell (A3), ribbons on the U.S. Army variant make full use of the remaining eight cells (A1/A2/B1/B2/B3/C1/C2/C3).
    • On the other hand, the AAF's ribbons only use the A2, B2, C2 and C3 cells. The rest of the texture space is black on its alpha channel.
  • Note that a template for the belt is not included. You'll need to make your own template for that one because all four variants in vanilla have a customised buckle with an engraved logo of the faction's emblem in the diffuse, specular and normal textures. You will need to use your own .rvmat + those three textures modified to properly retexture the belt.

Do you maybe have configs?

I'd strongly suggest using the Editor's Config Browser if you want to get configs, especially if you want paths for the non-AAF faction rvmats.

...but since you asked anyway:

CfgVehicles

Make sure your custom outfit(s) inherits from BI's Parade Uniform and Parade Uniform (Decorated) classes like this. It will save you a lot of headaches in the long run since it won't require you to redefine the rvmats and accidentally break something:

To begin, if you want the materials from the [US] version inherit from B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F for the baseline non-aiguillette version and B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F for the one with aiguillettes on the shoulder.

Spoiler

// External class references
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F;				//Non-decorated
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F;		//Decorated

class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_myCustomParadeUniform: B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_F
	{
		modelSides[] = {6};									// Technically not needed but this will allow any faction's unit to wear it
		uniformClass = "U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniform";		// Replace this with your uniform class in CfgWeapons
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] =
		{
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",									// This is your retexture's .paa
			"",																				// Leave this blank
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa",		// Decorations for the buttons, etc.
		};
	};

// NOTE: For the decorated versions, hiddenSelectionsTextures uses four array elements instead of three.
	// The repeated custom texture is NOT a duplicate and is needed for the uniform to appear properly.
	class B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_myCustomParadeUniformDecorated: B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_decorated_F
	{
		modelSides[] = {6};
		uniformClass = "U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniformDecorated";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] =
		{
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",		// #1
			"link\path\to\your\custom\texture\here.paa",		// #2 (yes, this is needed)
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\paradeuniform_decorated_01_us_co.paa",
			"a3\characters_f_aow\uniforms\data\ribbon_01_us_co.paa"
		};
	};

For materials from the [AAF] version, inherit from I_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_F (non-decorated) and I_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_AAF_decorated_F (decorated). The hiddenSelectionsTextures array layout is identical to the [US] variant but swaps the belt/buckle textures to paradeuniform_decorated_01_aaf_co.paa and ribbon_01_aaf_co.paa instead.

For materials from the [CSAT] version, inherit from O_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_CSAT_F (non-decorated) and O_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_CSAT_decorated_F (decorated). As before, use paradeuniform_decorated_01_csat_co.paa and ribbon_01_csat_co.paa instead.

And finally, for materials from the [LDF] variant, inherit from I_E_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_LDF_F (non-decorated) and I_E_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_LDF_decorated_F (decorated). Likewise, replace the vanilla [US] textures with paradeuniform_decorated_01_ldf_co.paa and ribbon_01_ldf_co.paa.

Note that for all of these uniforms, if you use a custom ribbon do not forget to replace the path to ribbon_01_xx_co.paa ('xx' being the faction's acronyms) and redirect it to your own retextured ribbon texture. Otherwise, it will automatically default to using the vanilla ribbons from the parent BI class which you inherited from.

CfgWeapons

The uniform items shouldn't be too difficult for you to implement. Just copy BI's configs and redirect the uniformClass to your own custom retextured CfgVehicles class instead:

Spoiler

// External class references
	class UniformItem;
	class Uniform_Base;

// Inherit from vanilla. You don't have to do this but it saves you the trouble of having to redefine most tokens.
	class U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F: Uniform_Base
	{
		class ItemInfo;
	};

class U_B_US_myCustomParadeUniform: U_B_ParadeUniform_01_US_F
	{
		author = "Some_Guy";
		displayName = "Parade Uniform, Custom [US]";
		picture = "link\to\your\custom\uniform\icon\here.paa";	// Your icon for the uniform
		class ItemInfo: ItemInfo
		{
			uniformClass = "B_Uniform_ParadeUniform_01_US_myCustomParadeUniform";	// Your custom class in CfgVehicles
		};
	};

Should mention that I forgot to include a template for the CfgWeapons suitpacks since Art of War has a dedicated suitpack model for both the Formal Suit and Parade Uniform. From what I can tell though, they aren't that much different from suitpack_universal_f.p3d's UV so you can simply use that as a reference if you really need to.

• Like 2

Hey! 🙂

I need a detailed template for the AFV-Gorgon, if possible in .psd format.

I've looked in the suggested links on this topic, but the ones I've found don't allow to "paint" some parts that would be interesting. For example, the underside of the vehicle, wheel cavities, smoke launchers, etc still stay green...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!!

Hey Drebin !

Thanks a lot for your template, I can finally make new parade uniform ! But I have a problem and I want to know if you can solve it, I made a texture for the uniform but I can't change the color of the buttons.