slatts

Community Texture Templates.

Does anyone already have some dirty GIMP layers they could share for fading and dirtying up a uniform?

I have a couple custom shirts I want to use via setObjectTextureGlobal, but they are too bright and clean.  I am a novice GIMP user, and looked at tutorials for making layers to fade the texture and add make it look dirty.  I GIMPed out for an hour and got lost and frustrated.  I'd rather spend my time writing scripts for the community, than learning to be a GIMP power user...  This would save me some time, and I would really appreciate it.

Anybody?

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Does anyone already have some dirty GIMP layers they could share for fading and dirtying up a uniform?

I have a couple custom shirts I want to use via setObjectTextureGlobal, but they are too bright and clean.  I am a novice GIMP user, and looked at tutorials for making layers to fade the texture and add make it look dirty.  I GIMPed out for an hour and got lost and frustrated.  I'd rather spend my time writing scripts for the community, than learning to be a GIMP power user...  This would save me some time, and I would really appreciate it.

Anybody?

Maybe you could play around with these wound/injured textures.... 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tc3hdconp3cimr1/AAB3lrtix_2BewfiaazGR--ra?dl=0

2suBC6u.jpg?1

• Like 1

@Evil Organ, thanks alot man man.  That helps.  I can change the color of the blood  to brown to achieve some dirt.  What about the faded blues in your picture.  Is there an overlay texture to achieve that?

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Anybody?

heres one of mine

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8L1rig39wmHVUNjSXRuS2ZZdHc

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

What about the faded blues in the picture.  Is there there an overlay texture to achieve that?

The faded blues in the pic were just the vanilla A3 Bandit Coveralls (they are originally a faded brown color) colorized blue.

I usually use a brush pack to add in dirt and mud to my uniforms or even vehicles. A simple search for "GIMP dirt brushes" can yield good results :) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Anybody?

I'm not nearly as good at re-texturing as the others who've already replied, but aside from dirt, play with the saturation and contrast of the camo pattern. This helps get that 'worn by the sun' look :)

The only issue with this method is the variance in lighting from map to map, which can change the hours of work you've put into re-texturing.

• Like 2

anyone know the hidden selection for the aaf vests ?

class V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl: Vest_NoCamo_Base
	{
		author = "Bohemia Interactive";
		_generalMacro = "V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl";
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "GA Carrier Lite (Digi)";
		picture = "\A3\characters_f_Beta\Data\UI\icon_V_I_Vest_01_ca.paa";
		model = "A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ia_vest01";
		descriptionShort = "Armor Level III";
		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\AAF+\Data\equip_ia_vest01_co.paa"};
		class ItemInfo: VestItem
		{
			uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ia_vest01";
			containerClass = "Supply120";
			mass = 60;
			class HitpointsProtectionInfo
			{
				class Chest
				{
					hitpointName = "HitChest";
					armor = 16;
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
				class Diaphragm
				{
					hitpointName = "HitDiaphragm";
					armor = 16;
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
				class Abdomen
				{
					hitpointName = "HitAbdomen";
					armor = 16;
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
				class Body
				{
					hitpointName = "HitBody";
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
			};
		};
	};

doesnt seem to work somehow :-/

1 hour ago, ceolnariazz said:

Try this, can't test but it should theoretically work. Also, sorry the formatting got messed up, on mobile. 

class YOUR_CLASSNAME: V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl 	{ 		_generalMacro = "V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl"; 		scope = 2; 		displayName = "YOUR DISPLAY NAME"; 		picture = "\A3\characters_f_Beta\Data\UI\icon_V_I_Vest_01_ca.paa"; 		model = "A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ia_vest01"; 		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"}; 		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\YOUR_ADDON\Data\YOUR_DIFFUSE.paa"}; 		class ItemInfo: VestItem 		{ 			uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ia_vest01"; 			containerClass = "Supply120"; 			mass = 60; 			}; 	};

6 hours ago, ceolnariazz said:

class V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl: Vest_NoCamo_Base
	{
		author = "Bohemia Interactive";
		_generalMacro = "V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl";
		scope = 2;
		displayName = "GA Carrier Lite (Digi)";
		picture = "\A3\characters_f_Beta\Data\UI\icon_V_I_Vest_01_ca.paa";
		model = "A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ia_vest01";
		descriptionShort = "Armor Level III";
		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\AAF+\Data\equip_ia_vest01_co.paa"};
		class ItemInfo: VestItem
		{
			uniformModel = "A3\Characters_F_Beta\INDEP\equip_ia_vest01";
			containerClass = "Supply120";
			mass = 60;
			class HitpointsProtectionInfo
			{
				class Chest
				{
					hitpointName = "HitChest";
					armor = 16;
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
				class Diaphragm
				{
					hitpointName = "HitDiaphragm";
					armor = 16;
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
				class Abdomen
				{
					hitpointName = "HitAbdomen";
					armor = 16;
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
				class Body
				{
					hitpointName = "HitBody";
					passThrough = 0.3;
				};
			};
		};
	};

You might have better luck with help and answers over here - https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/forum/162-arma-3-addons-configs-scripting/

• Like 1

Anyone got a template for the Caesar btt?

Is it just me or are the PSD templates gone from the samples?

Looking in the wrong place...duh

Does anyway have the purple/pink overlays for the tactical vest and AAF soldier vest?, I seem to only find ones that already have textures applied or are already grayed and it really throws me off. 

On 6/30/2017 at 10:28 AM, O.Languedoc said:

Cant find the Jet DLC samples in my Arma Tools Folder. Did they release them?

Nope.

Give it a month or more and the templates should probably be out (if not that then until the EBOs get decrypted; whichever comes first).

Anyone have template for the Apex Jeep ? or the Strider and warrior ?

I know for sure the jeep was included in the templates released through Arma 3 Tools.

• Like 1

I need just the Gray scales for the nato soldier, I've looked every where for them, and each time I found a template it's been altered and i don't know how to remove the layers to get it down to where I can add my own.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:37 PM, yevgeni89 said:

I need just the Gray scales for the nato soldier, I've looked every where for them, and each time I found a template it's been altered and i don't know how to remove the layers to get it down to where I can add my own.

Not exactly sure what you mean by that, but I can shoot you a copy of the template I have on my computer. I don't do much with the NATO uniform so I haven't done very much doctoring up like I normally do. Should hopefully be straightforward enough. color the pieces on the "misc color" layer, paste camo pattern on "base color" layer, and you should be good to go. Hope its what you're looking for

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8L1rig39wmHTUFMeE51S3BndTg

• Like 2

I have a ton of military gear, to include MARPAT (Desert and woodland FROG), Eagle SPC, high cut helmet, and peltors, boots, magazine pouches, etc.

Shoot me a message if you guys need something.

• Like 1