Llano

Arma 3 Server Administrator

Arma 3 Server Administrator

vrbdw.jpg

Hello!

I've been working on a addon that let's you view ingame performance of the Arma 3 server in the webbrowser, such as server-FPS and the server CPU-load and RAM-load.

I will be adding more functionality like:

1. Ingame player list
  2. Execute commands ingame
  3. Global banlist
  4. Save performance

In the future, to be able to use this all you need is my extension (.dll-file) and some authentication-details(Server ID and Server Key. Both i will be giving out).

You will be able to have a "Server Room" where all your server is listed, you can easily administrate them.

I would love to get some ideas or request of things that you would like to see. :bounce3:

(The design is just fast-made)

Thanks!

Llano

Edited by Llano
  • Like 1

Some things that poped into my head

show nr of players

show local server time

show server uptime

show current mission

show current mod(s)

show net load

show server version

show be version

show nr of Rcons connected

to be able to use this all you need is my extension (.dll-file) and some authentication-details(Server ID and Server Key. Both i will be giving out)

this sounds bad tho.

Edited by nuxil

Some things that poped into my head

show nr of players

show local server time

show server uptime

show current mission

show current mod(s)

show net load

show server version

show be version

show nr of Rcons connected

this sounds bad tho.

Thank you! Some of them will definetely be added.

Regarding the authentication: This is required since Arma servers has no command etc to use to identify each server (AFAIK).

if you need to identify a server among multiple servers on a single machine you could use the port number to identify servers.

i guess there are other ways too. but none that comes to my mind. :p

if you need to identify a server among multiple servers on a single machine you could use the port number to identify servers.

i guess there are other ways too. but none that comes to my mind. :p

The problem is that the way i have designed the code + database requires each server to have a unique key to identify them. A server IP-address can be changed, and therefor i cant use that (If i am thinking this through correctly :)).

I understand that it might seem like a bad way, but its really simple. All the authentication-info will exist in a .txt-file on your computer, so its only something you set one time.

Good concept

I would however offer up the actual code to run the website as well. I think that most server admins have access to a web server of their own and would be much more willing to run a version locally than on a centralized server managed by someone else. Especially if you are planning to extend the feature set beyond just output.

(ignore me if I misunderstood where the website will be running)

Good concept

I would however offer up the actual code to run the website as well. I think that most server admins have access to a web server of their own and would be much more willing to run a version locally than on a centralized server managed by someone else. Especially if you are planning to extend the feature set beyond just output.

(ignore me if I misunderstood where the website will be running)

Yeah, i've been thinking of this. Though this will also require each server to run their own SignalR server. I just thought i would be easier to have it centralized. But i understand that people don't trust that.

Oh. i missunderstood it then.

I thought you could connect to a "http server" locally on the machine running the arma servers.

Something along the lines as the addon SqfRcon did it.

More admin tools are great & welcomed. But i dont like the idea that i have to go to a 3rd party webpage to view the server info. Imo you should reconsider this approche. but hey. its your addon. im just expressing my opinion on it :)

Anyhow here is another suggestion.

Be able to show positon of player on current map.

and or select player from a list and view detailed info.

kills, deaths, ping, etc.

Edit:

Question. How does your Global Ban List work?

What kind of rules are there for adding/removing bans?

Just asking cos with Bec, admins can sign up and use a global bec ban list.

However. only types of bans allowed to its list are GameHacks and Battleye Hacks.

Oh. i missunderstood it then.

I thought you could connect to a "http server" locally on the machine running the arma servers.

Something along the lines as the addon SqfRcon did it.

More admin tools are great & welcomed. But i dont like the idea that i have to go to a 3rd party webpage to view the server info. Imo you should reconsider this approche. but hey. its your addon. im just expressing my opinion on it :)

Anyhow here is another suggestion.

Be able to show positon of player on current map.

and or select player from a list and view detailed info.

kills, deaths, ping, etc.

Edit:

Question. How does your Global Ban List work?

What kind of rules are there for adding/removing bans?

Just asking cos with Bec, admins can sign up and use a global bec ban list.

However. only types of bans allowed to its list are GameHacks and Battleye Hacks.

Yeah, as i said earlier. it is possible to run this on your own webserver, though you will need my server program also that send all information to the website. Currently i am going for this approach because i thought i would be easier for each server-owners. But it can surely be changed.

Regarding map: I have been working with this too. It's not impossible but i havn't got the convert between ingame-coordinates -> browser-map coordinates working very well.

Anyhow, i will probably fix this later on.

Global banlist with only be a database where you can add people however you want. It will be shared over all of your servers. You decides the rules :)

Regarding map: I have been working with this too. It's not impossible but i havn't got the convert between ingame-coordinates -> browser-map coordinates working very well.

Anyhow, i will probably fix this later on.

Global banlist with only be a database where you can add people however you want. It will be shared over all of your servers. You decides the rules :)

Conversion of coordinates should be relative easy "NOT tested tho"..

But assuming ALL map images are of size: 1024x1024.

Then to plot the cords one should only need to do something along this lines.

Xpos = ImageSizeX * PlayerPosX, Ypos = ImageSizeY * PlayerPosy

Knowing that if PlayerPos X or Y is less than 0 or greater than 1, the player is in infinity land.

Lets assume the player is at [0.5, 0.5]. Then we need to plot him at pixel 512 in X and 512 in Y on the image.

More Q's about the Global Ban list.

Will we be able to set exceptions on a ban done by a admin.

Will be be able to ignore all bans done by a specific admin ? or must we subscribe to a admin to use his bans?

Conversion of coordinates should be relative easy "NOT tested tho"..

But assuming ALL map images are of size: 1024x1024.

Then to plot the cords one should only need to do something along this lines.

Xpos = ImageSizeX * PlayerPosX, Ypos = ImageSizeY * PlayerPosy

Knowing that if PlayerPos X or Y is less than 0 or greater than 1, the player is in infinity land.

Lets assume the player is at [0.5, 0.5]. Then we need to plot him at pixel 512 in X and 512 in Y on the image.

More Q's about the Global Ban list.

Will we be able to set exceptions on a ban done by a admin.

Will be be able to ignore all bans done by a specific admin ? or must we subscribe to a admin to use his bans?

I've been trying to get it tow work with Leaflet, but hell. It feels like it's bugged or something. I will be checking other API later on.

Im not really sure i understand the questions about the banlist. You mean that for example Admin1 wouldn't agree with Admin2's banning?

Why would you want to exclude banlisted players between servers?

Sorry if i do not understand :)

Well. something about it is not clear.

So i assume that the Global ban list is a database of some sort where admins add in their bans.

And we download/update the current Banlist with missing ones.

Im not sure how you will go about this. but there could be many reasons to not wanting to use a specific ban or all bans from a specific admin, mainly abuse, ignorance. Bad BE filters and do permban on it, banning people because of bugs/glitches in game and belives they are cheaters. So on, there are many many reasons.

So this is why i asked if you could "ignore" a ban done on playerX or ignore all bans done by adminX.

But as i said. its not clear how this global ban list will work so im just worried that it could be abused.

Well. something about it is not clear.

So i assume that the Global ban list is a database of some sort where admins add in their bans.

Correct.

And we download/update the current Banlist with missing ones.

Everytime a palyer joins the server it will look thought the database to see if the user has been banned.

Im not sure how you will go about this. but there could be many reasons to not wanting to use a specific ban or all bans from a specific admin, mainly abuse, ignorance. Bad BE filters and do permban on it, banning people because of bugs/glitches in game and belives they are cheaters. So on, there are many many reasons.

Well, i can surely implement something like that.

Also, BE wont have anything with the banning to do. It's all by the admin.

So this is why i asked if you could "ignore" a ban done on playerX or ignore all bans done by adminX.

But as i said. its not clear how this global ban list will work so im just worried that it could be abused.

Get better admins :cool:

No but ban-abuse will always exist.

This ain't dead. Just havn't had the time to work so much with it.

A little update:

- I have added the user system on the website now, so it's now possible to add users, and their servers.

- Added event system, that will display realtime what is happening on the server. Server administrators will be able to add own events in their mission file.

Most of the things i've worked on is backend, like optimization for the server-software and added functionality on the website so there not really so much GUI changes.

http://i.imgur.com/asYzIvd.png (181 kB)

Edited by Llano

This is not dead ;)

Been working back and forth, mostly on the backend side. Some minor changes at the frontend.

Might start inviting a handfull of server owners soon in the future to test it out, and see how it works and perform.

Here you see some minor changes

http://i.imgur.com/l1vkrtS.png (171 kB)

ecy163R.png

Edited by Llano

Will you be able to see who shot at someone?

That's just a sample of what kind of event that could be shown.

Could be anything.

Edited by Llano

A little update 

g09uGmQ.png

- Website is now public and has a domain (http://monithor.net), requires login which will be given out later to people who has requested a invite.
- The server applikation has been worked on. Fixed minor bugs and changed from TCP to UDP
- Website has gotten more functionality and pages (Add server, edit, etc...)
Might upload some more pictures later on.

If anyone feels like that want to help with development, feel free to contact me :)

Update

There is still work going on.. 

I have moved from my custom made design, to a already made template. Therefor i will be able to focus more on the functionality. Right now i'm putting the most stuff together.

Sending data from the webbsite to the Arma game is now working also. So basically the core-things is implemented (Sending data back and forth).

Will upload some pictures of how the design will look as soon as i include a little bit more of the remaining functionality.

If you need any advice on the leaflet map stuff give me a shout. I went to hell and back to make ours work and I'd be more than happy to help someone else avoid it.

Playback example: http://5rifles.com/operations/resolute-freedom/rs-m6?playback&centerLat=-8.331082833500302&centerLng=-142.50915527343747&zoom=7&time=91

If you need any advice on the leaflet map stuff give me a shout. I went to hell and back to make ours work and I'd be more than happy to help someone else avoid it.

Playback example: http://5rifles.com/operations/resolute-freedom/rs-m6?playback&centerLat=-8.331082833500302&centerLng=-142.50915527343747&zoom=7&time=91

Yes, i've had some trouble with that too. I will try to implement a real-time map, but it's not on my top priority list so to speak.

But when it gets relevant i'm more than glad to get help from you :)