NNA

Arma3 server not showing on server list

-Trying to host a dedicated server.

-Both me and a friend are able to join the server via Remote (IP:Port), but it's not showing up on the serverlist.

-All ports, 2302-2305 should be open. From what I can find, that's the only ones I need?

-Tried running a couple missions, everything seems to be working as it should.

-So far not running any mods on it.

-The server and the client are on seperate computers.

-Startup parameters and config below.

C:\Games\Arma3\A3Master\arma3server.exe "-profiles=C:\Games\Arma3\A3Master" -port=2302 -config=CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg -world=empty

//
hostname            = "Sempiternal Gaming Community";    // The name of the server that will be displayed in the public server list
//password          = "ServerPassword";                        // Password to join the server
passwordAdmin       = "****";                         // Password to become server admin. When you're connected to the server, open the chat and type '#login password'
//reportingIP       = "arma3pc.master.gamespy.com";            // not used anymore in Arma 3
logFile             = "arma3server.log";
verifySignatures    = 2;    // Prevent players with unknown mods from joining the server (best kept at 2 if you want to reduce the number of hackers)
equalModRequired    = 0;    // Prevent players who don't have the exact same mods as the server from joining (best kept at 0)
requiredSecureId    = 2;    // was used to define type of secureID

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] =
{
"Welcome to the Sempiternal Gaming Community Server",
"Join our Teamspeak server at sempiternal.teamspeak3.com"
};

motdInterval        = 30;        // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES
maxPlayers          = 40;        // Maximum amount of players. Anybody who joins the server is considered a player, regardless of their role or team.
kickDuplicate       = 1;         // Each player normally has its own unique ID. If set to 1, players with an ID that is identical to another player will be kicked
//requiredBuild     = 12345;     // Require clients joining to have at least this build version of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers  = 1;         // Tells the server how many people must connect before displaying the mission selection screen, if you have not already selected a mission in this config
voteThreshold       = 9999;      // Percentage (0.00 to 1.00) of players needed to vote for something, for example an admin or a new mission, to become effective. Set to 9999 to prevent people from voting random players as admins.

// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
class Mission1
{
	template="ctix_becti.altis";
	difficulty="Regular";
};
};

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN = 0;                  // If set to 1, voice chat will be disabled
vonCodecQuality = 15;            // Supports range 1-30; 8kHz is 0-10 (narrowband), 16kHz is 11-20 (wideband), 32kHz is 21-30 (ultrawideband); higher = better sound quality
persistent = 1;                  // If set to 1, missions will continue to run after all players have disconnected
timeStampFormat = "short";       // Set the timestamp format used on each line of the server RPT log file. Possible values are "none" (default), "short", "full".
BattlEye = 1;                    // If set to 0, BattlEye Anti-Cheat will be disabled on the server (not recommended)

// FILE EXTENSIONS
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] =       {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216) 
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] =       {"htm","html","xml","txt"}; // only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via HTMLLoad command (since Arma 3 build 1.27.126715)

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected = "";            // command to run when a player connects
onUserDisconnected = "";         // command to run when a player disconnects
doubleIdDetected = "";           // command to run if a player has the same ID as another player in the server

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)";    // command to run if a player has unsigned data
onHackedData =  "kick (_this select 0)";     // command to run if a player has data with invalid signatures
onDifferentData = "";                        // command to run if a player has modified data

looks like you are missing 2 settings in your cfg:

steamport      	       = 2305; 
steamqueryport         = 2303;

Verify Steam sees your server using this link (replace the number at the end with your server's IP address)

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamApps/GetServersAtAddress/v0001?addr=127.0.0.1

More info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147537-Tutorial-How-to-run-ArmA3-on-a-dedicated-server

looks like you are missing 2 settings in your cfg:

I thought you didn't need this anymore, that it's hardcoded in? As also stated in the last link you posted.

Tried to put it back in anyway, still no server showing up.

Verify Steam sees your server using this link (replace the number at the end with your server's IP address)

Running this, adding the servers IP returns as follows

{
"response": {
	"success": true,
	"servers": [
		{
			"addr": "xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:2303",
			"gmsindex": 65534,
			"appid": 107410,
			"gamedir": "Arma3",
			"region": -1,
			"secure": false,
			"lan": false,
			"gameport": 2302,
			"specport": 0
		}
	]

}
}

hmm you are correct.. our servers still have that setting doesn't seem to harm anything at least :) If the Steam API reports success you should be good to go... have to tried just waiting a bit to see if they appear... I've heard reports of it taking up to 10 minutes for servers to appear.

You can sort of test things by adding a file called hosts.txt in the root of your A3 install... add the IP and port to that file of each A3 server. Go into MP and switch from INTERNET to LAN in top right corner, it will display the servers right away.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/hosts.txt

steamport and steamqueryport are useless.

The steam link (http://api.steampowered.com) returns good information. So all is ok.

The Server list is long to show the servers and show servers customly.

did you tried to refresh the list after the 1st reseach ?

Do you see your server if you are using the name filter ? (you should have to wait a while to see yours) If yes, so all is ok.

i have this problem too

{

"response": {

"success": true,

"servers": [

{

"addr": "93.190.143.243:2303",

"gmsindex": 65534,

"appid": 107410,

"gamedir": "Arma3",

"region": -1,

"secure": false,

"lan": false,

"gameport": 2302,

"specport": 0

}

]

}

}

but serwer not listed in browser

I have the same problem. The steam API response thingy is basically the same for me, but I still can't find my server in the browser.. does anyone know how to fix this by now?

EDIT: If anybody should find this thread and have the same problem, my problem seemed to be that the mission wasn't automatically started when the server started. As a result, it wasn't possible to find the server in the server browser until someone remote-connected to it and started the mission. By adding -autoInit to your startup parameters, the mission will start automatically on server startup and you should be good to go.