Sign in to follow this  
soolie

Supply Drop - W.I.P

An easy to customize supply drop system.

When activated, you click on the map where you want your supplies dropped (not shown in video).

Mohawk heli spawns at a random location, in between 1-2km away.

Cargo door opens when it gets close to the drop zone.

Supplies are "ejected".

Box parachutes down with smoke trail and light attached.

Cargo door closes and heli disappears after leaving.

Adds action to turn off light on box (so the baddies can't see you).

The script has a place for editing what is dropped, and what is inside it, but I would like to make it easier than that. Possibly with an in game gui.

If you have experience with GUIs and would like to help out with this, I would be happy to share credit and release it together as an addon.

Edited by Soolie

It would be fine, to can use your system by the players, loading the things into the airvehicles, for example using elevators to load vehicles or boxes into C17 or C130.

This should be ready to be released later on tonight.

The default ArmA3 virtual supply drop module seems to have stopped working on a dedicated server. works in editor & single player, but not since last update on a coop dedicated server. Any one know of a fix?

Sorry dude, no idea. I checked it out before I started making my own and a lot of people were having problems with it. I would like to have a gui for mine so you can pick what you want to be in the supply drop and maybe people with rpg mods can use it to "pay" for items to go into it. Because of this I haven't released mine yet, but I am unable to make the GUI on my own so I might just release the code anyway and hope someone will do it.

If you also add a CAS request, the Supply Drop sometimes will actually drop a crate, but usually will just fly over & drop nothing! Still very very buggy on dedicated :(

If you also add a CAS request, the Supply Drop sometimes will actually drop a crate, but usually will just fly over & drop nothing! Still very very buggy on dedicated :(

Haven't finished yet but I made a version that works in MP with VAS. Can be found here. I'm working on a version that is triggered by radio and has a few presets that can edited. Will be ready soon, maybe tonight!

Closing - as the author has released a version.