Sign in to follow this  
zad fnark

Odd ARMA2/OA setup issue

Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem with my Steam install of the ArmA2 series. I didn't have this with my original direct install I used to have:

I install ARMA2 via Steam and run a mission in the editor - done

I install OA via Steam and run a mission in the editor - done

I set up BAF, Czech Republic and the rest of the DLCs.

Finally, I move all my mod folders, including things like CWR2, which I enjoy the most.

When I start OA, in the expansions tab, I can't activate the addon folders. I can start them using the "-mod=" script in the properties screen.

When running OA, I don't have the ability to use the AH-6 (doesn't exist anymore), and most of the USMC personnel from the original game. I don't know of there's some kind of clash going on with the pbos or not.

Can anyone give me some good advice on how to get everything running correctly on the Steam version. Like I said before, I had no issues with the original BI install.

Thanks

Ed

Strange, the steps you describe are the way to do it right. It sounds like OA isn't starting like Combined Operations. Maybe you have a left-over registry entry from your previous Arma installs? If the Steam OA picks up that key and checks for the PBO files in the old path, it won't find them.

Finally, I move all my mod folders, including things like CWR2, which I enjoy the most.

When I start OA, in the expansions tab, I can't activate the addon folders. I can start them using the "-mod=" script in the properties screen.

Do you mean you can't activate them because they don't show, or they show but you can't activate them?

They were there but wouldn't let me "activate" them.

I think I'm on to an answer.

I was going okay, getting ArmA2, OA and the DLCs installed. Form there, all the objects were available like they should be.

I moved in the mod folders.

I was able to activate them. I'm wondering if running the test games between installs helped with this.

One of the mods listed in the expansion list was "Operation Arrowhead". (despite the fact I ran it from Operation Arrowhead) I'm pretty sure activating this is what screwed everything up. I'm not finished re-installing everything, so I'll have to finish this tonight. If I don't activate that one, and it works, I can blame it on that. The "OA 'Expansion'" doesn't show up the the text properties file and there was no way to undo it after I did it.

I'm having also similar problems. If I run A2OA directly from the exe or a shortcut WITHOUT the -mod parameter, everthing is ok. But when I use the -mod parameter, ACR and A2 content dissapears along with some error messages about missing files (logically).

Currently I'm running it from a shortcut with the startup paramenters (nosplash, nologs, ...) and managing the mods inside the game, in the expansions menu. All related with the -mod parameter trashes the game.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Because I have the same problem and I'm tearing my hair out.

After years of enjoying the freedom of modding, I have the feeling that Steam is jamming sticks in my spokes :(