Sign in to follow this  
granQ

Best ingame 3d editor

I been out of the loop for a while and just wondering which is the best (and is there any options?) ingame 3d editor.

Is ZGM Arma 3 Terrain Editing Suite still the king? While TB is very nice to work with, sometimes it just goes so much faster ingame and its easier to get friends engaged if they can run it without downloading and installing any tools.

You can still use the 3d editor, which is great for others to help place Objects, you can also use Zeus but less control - MCC as well

If you can wait there is Xcam which will be the Best and soooooooo looking forward to that !!!!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173755-quot-X-Cam-quot-and-quot-DAC-quot-Project

ZGM Arma 3 Terrain Editing Suite

How do you access this, or is it something you need to download like a tool?

I used good ol' Buldozer for everything in Bornholm. It does the basics once you learn the shortcuts.

It's a hassle at times but it does get the job done :)

I used good ol' Buldozer for everything in Bornholm. It does the basics once you learn the shortcuts.

It's a hassle at times but it does get the job done :)

How many hours you spent on Bornholm approx? :) Just curious.

One thing to watch out for when using ZeroG's 3D Editor pack is the "Editor Update"/"Editor Upgrade"/"Editor 101" or whatever its called, which is included in his pack.

Basically what these "editor addon.pbo's" do is to add classnames to all those "terrainmaker-only" objects that don't normally have one. That allows them to actually show up in the 3D Editor object lists so you can select and place them.

ZeroG's been AWOL from the forums for a while - consequently, his "editor addon" is a little out of date and doesn't include entries for quite a few terrain objects which have been added more recently.

I noticed ZeroG back online on the Terrainmakers Skype channel just recently, so it may be he's back in business and will be updating/producing more goodies for us in the near future, but meantime, I've been using...

CJTF101's Editor Update - which does exactly the same thing as the one included with ZeroG's bundle, but is a little more up to date.

(Use one or the other of these addons when you're 3D editing, but not both at once ;) )

For everything else to do with the 3D Editor procedure - follow ZeroG's instructions - it works nicely and its a good alternative/addition to the usual basic TB/Buldozer placement options...

Beer_small_zps59b3d700.jpg

B

Thanks, will try that editor upgrade.

When it comes to 3d editor, I wasn't pleased what we got and ZiP in our community helped me out. So now he made basicly a "export from zeus to a terrain builder format" + "save and restore" which is great in multiplayer as you can save. Play another mission, use the server as normal. Then return some days later and restore the work and continue before you do the actual export.

More information:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187612-SFP-Multiplayer-Map-Editor-Atlas