icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

On 4/21/2018 at 4:38 PM, icebreakr said:

I have permission from Berghoff to alter the trees, but sadly no knowledge on how to make the fixes...

Well hopefully one day someone reads this thread who is a pro tree maker and charitable enough to figure it out. It really bothers me so much I might have to try to figure it myself even if it takes a hundred hours.

Where is Berghoff, by the way? Has he given up on using the internet? Or has he passed away?

Sorry if this has been answered before but we had Isla Duala in our modpack about a year or so ago and removed it as it was causing the rest of our maps to lose all dust kick up effects from vehicles and soldiers. The only map where it worked when we had Duala in the modpack was Duala itself. Has that ever been fixed since last year or is there a solution? Thx

I've got several tips and pieces of code, but its like totally undocumented on the BIS side on how to enable dust effects on ALL custom maps :(

• Like 1

Unlike other configs, the duststuff is not adding up. Whenever you make your own dustconfig for your terrain, all the other configs will be excluded.

So if you want to make it compatible with all vanilla A3 maps and CUP you have to include all the dustconfigs from them and then add yours too. (I think CUP did the same, just ask them about it and maybe you could take their config and add your dust to it).

• Like 2

On 30/06/2018 at 4:38 PM, Cosmo_D41 said:

Unlike other configs, the duststuff is not adding up. Whenever you make your own dustconfig for your terrain, all the other configs will be excluded.

So if you want to make it compatible with all vanilla A3 maps and CUP you have to include all the dustconfigs from them and then add yours too. (I think CUP did the same, just ask them about it and maybe you could take their config and add your dust to it).

There must be a way BIS remedies this situation? It is impossible for me to keep the database of all islands released and add those to the configs :/

This issue has been coming up again fairly recently and I've reported the issue on the feedback tracker along with two proposed solutions:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T131130

I'm sure BI will take a look, they are certainly already aware of this. So let's be patient and optimistic. :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Dust really makes the game special on sandy terrains.

Hey @icebreakr , is there any plans on trying to find a fix for the AI pathfinding along concrete bridges? They make it all the way across until the very end, literally like a foot from the road before they start ramming into the side of the bridge.

Hey guys. I've had to update Isla Duala to 3.9..1:
- replaced the Generic African Buildings pbo with new V3 sign key (A2 ones are not working since Arma3 1.86.xxx patch)

Cheers.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, icebreakr said:

Hey guys. I've had to update Isla Duala to 3.9..1:
- replaced the Generic African Buildings pbo with new V3 sign key (A2 ones are not working since Arma3 1.86.xxx patch)

Cheers.

Nice. I thought all security changes including v3 sigs were removed after the hotfix?

On 9.12.2018 at 9:09 PM, HazJ said:

Nice. I thought all security changes including v3 sigs were removed after the hotfix?

All security changes excluding v3 sigs were removed with the hotfix.

but v2 sigs should still work.

• Thanks 1

http://joxi.ru/a2Xnz0Xi1X69Lr

http://joxi.ru/KAxJBQLHM7apGm
Think maybe it's time to abandon the CUP trash and change bridges and trees and houses for vanilla? on some islands you started doing this and it will work out great. And most importantly, there will be no bugs that the CUP curve brings with it. Take for example the island Tembelan, elegantly made without reference to the arma2 content. and it is pleasant to play, and the AI move normally, and the eyes do not hurt from these poisonous bushes and other garbage)

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, topden said:

http://joxi.ru/a2Xnz0Xi1X69Lr

http://joxi.ru/KAxJBQLHM7apGm
Think maybe it's time to abandon the CUP trash and change bridges and trees and houses for vanilla? on some islands you started doing this and it will work out great. And most importantly, there will be no bugs that the CUP curve brings with it. Take for example the island Tembelan, elegantly made without reference to the arma2 content. and it is pleasant to play, and the AI move normally, and the eyes do not hurt from these poisonous bushes and other garbage)

605cacde1e6f4bbc3d53f69529c43189ea20aabf

Hi @icebreakr, I don't know exactly since when that issue is present (I don't remember it from my OP back in early 2021), but it seems that some of the trees are broken and something is wrong either with the model or shadowing. I thought it may be caused by lighting but even bringing back the old one with Splendid Light Modification doesn't eliminate this issue.

kG78NeK.png

Please look at this in your free time soon.

@Honger Hi! I f you are speaking about the two-tone aspect of the trunk, which imitates a shadow, is linked to the vegetation models present in Berghoff's African Vegetation Pack originally published for Arma in 2008 and which has changed very little since.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, oldbear said:

@Honger Hi! I f you are speaking about the two-tone aspect of the trunk, which imitates a shadow, is linked to the vegetation models present in Berghoff's African Vegetation Pack originally published for Arma in 2008 and which has changed very little since.

Thanks @oldbear, I actually had no idea that is a thing, and I swear I don't remember this from previous years, so maybe I just didn't pay enough attention (although I haven't seen any comments/reports about these trees "feature" on Isla Duala, the only one is from March 2022, apart from mine). So I assume this will stay as-is...

I think I've fixed it for Angola maps... not sure, will have to take a look. You can copy foliage from Angola Maps pack to Duala and see if it fixes it? I am busy with other project, but would like to revisit Duala sometime before Enfusion kicks in 😉

• Like 2

10 hours ago, icebreakr said:

I think I've fixed it for Angola maps... not sure, will have to take a look. You can copy foliage from Angola Maps pack to Duala and see if it fixes it? I am busy with other project, but would like to revisit Duala sometime before Enfusion kicks in 😉

I have copied the brg_africa PBO, and it seems it only fixed two or three types of the trees present on the map (so only the trees that you used in Angola maps are up-to-date and that are visible on the screenshot I posted before), the others still have the artificial shadow on the texture. I will be eternally grateful if you manage to find some spare time to fix the rest and update these assets. And good luck on your other project, I can't wait for all of them WIPs!

Model name plz? Use command when looking at the object: hint str [getModelInfo cursorObject, typeOf cursorObject];

16 hours ago, icebreakr said:

Model name plz? Use command when looking at the object: hint str [getModelInfo cursorObject, typeOf cursorObject];

Ok, the model names of "not affected" trees are as follows:

brg_africandoumpalm_1
brg_africanboxwood_2
brg_datepalm_4
brg_aloe3
brg_bird_2
brg_datepalm_2
brg_datepalm_3
brg_datepalm_1
brg_bottle_4
brg_bottle_2
brg_bottle_3

I think I've found them all, others are either already fixed through changing the PBO or were "okay" from the beginning.

So all these listed cause wierd shading issues?

22 hours ago, icebreakr said:

So all these listed cause wierd shading issues?

Yes, when I open Isla Duala with the Angola vegetation PBO, the models listed by me still have the old "shading", others look as good as on your Angola maps.