icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

On 22/02/2017 at 10:01 PM, Sandman69 said:

Does anyone know where server mission files can be found for this map? I am very new to the server side of life, started one up, and would love to have this map running/ Thanks in advance

This may have been answered already and if so I am sorry. This may also be a CUP issue I am unsure. But on Duala and Lingor I have this issue with a lot of trees. Is their a source for this issue or does no one else have the issue ?

Texture issue on trees.

arma3_x64%202017-04-16%2023-58-06-04_zps

Pretty sure it's a CUP thing. I know some of the jungle maps like Song Bin Tanh have the same issue, it's that model of tree I guess.

• Like 2

Seems to be part of the tree model, yes. Also happens on other maps with CUP jungle, such as Isla Duala and Gos Nziwagoso.  

• Like 1

I have the issue as well regarding the African Foliage trees from CUP. Any chances we could see them replaced with APEX trees?

I've tried contacting Berghoff for months, but unable to do so. I want to fix the trees, but have no permission :/ I even have MLODs from some tests since A2 times.

Changing to Apex ones is out of the question - my maps would require Apex and I cannot do that to the community, forcing something like that on them.

• Like 5

No worries icebreakr, def not a game breaker or anything. Just was curious if it was cup related or map related. Thanks for the update all.

On 20/04/2017 at 1:01 AM, icebreakr said:

Changing to Apex ones is out of the question - my maps would require Apex and I cannot do that to the community, forcing something like that on them.

Maybe you can keep the actual version for non apex owners and add a copy of your map with apex trees for apex owners ? Like, Isla duala standard version and isla duala apex version. Just an idea.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jack Ost said:

Maybe you can keep the actual version for non apex owners and add a copy of your map with apex trees for apex owners ? Like, Isla duala standard version and isla duala apex version. Just an idea.

seems like a lot of work just to fix some trees

On 4/19/2017 at 5:01 PM, icebreakr said:

I've tried contacting Berghoff for months, but unable to do so. I want to fix the trees, but have no permission :/ I even have MLODs from some tests since A2 times.

I am pretty sure he has given permission to others (Unsung) to mod/update/tweak the 3D models if you have the MLODs... I think you should be able to fix those textures no problem... may want to ping the Unsung team to verify this as I am going from memory.

Hi Icebreakr! I love the map! I hadn't spent much time on it until now, but now I'm like, "Where have you been all my life?" :) Incredible work.

Quick question, I notice that building type "garaz_mala.p3d" is only giving the add action to "close garage door." The problem is, the door is closed by default so you can't actually open it (when you "close garage door," you hear the sound of a garage door but the door doesn't open).

Just wondering, would this be a CUP issue, or Isla Duala issue? If the latter, where would be the best place to leave the feedback?

Anyway, stellar job. This is a very special terrain.

• Like 1

I don't make buildings, so prolly a CUP issue? What version r u using along with the map?
Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, icebreakr said:

I don't make buildings, so prolly a CUP issue? What version r u using along with the map?
Thanks!

I'm using the Steam Workshop version, 3.8. I'll pass this along to the CUP team.

Good news :)

On 20/04/2017 at 1:01 AM, icebreakr said:

As was to be expected, we've noticed that Tanoa structures - part of the new terrain introduced in the Apex expansion - are also frequently used on community-made terrains. However, this could create an obstacle for those who do not own Apex and still want to play on the community terrains. To ensure better compatibility, we'll be making the structures part of every Arma 3's player data, which means that everyone will be able to enjoy terrains that are based on Apex assets and vegetation, whether you own Apex or not. Access to the Tanoa terrain itself will remain limited to owners. This change will become active with Update 1.72, but Dev-Branch players can already benefit from it right now.

• Like 3

Jack Ost: all great and swell, but ... Apex stuff is still encoded by BIS and only way others are working on these assets is by [let me censor this shit before mods ban me for months]... I like to play by the book, so...

Same thing happened with the BIS competition... some were not given a chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, icebreakr said:

Jack Ost: all great and swell, but ... Apex stuff is still encoded by BIS and only way others are working on these assets is by [let me censor this shit before mods ban me for months]... I like to play by the book, so...

Same thing happened with the BIS competition... some were not given a chance.

I thought the Malden Update, made Apex content available now to use?

I though so, too... but vegetation and structures are still encoded.

13 minutes ago, icebreakr said:

I though so, too... but vegetation and structures are still encoded.

Maybe they simply forget to lift the encoded thing.

You should remind them. I'm sure you'll get a quick answer.

Keep up the good work :yay:

37 minutes ago, Flax said:

I'm pretty certain this map uses both Apex Vegetation and Structures.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=950966660

The creator says that it uses Tanoa assets and per se you need Apex to use it (as for now).

Requires Apex. This will change only when BI decrypts Tanoa content to allow them to be used by their 

modding software, without 3rd party tools or proxy objects. 

The terrain not only uses the objects but also the sounds/ambience and inherits from the terrain config.

9 minutes ago, papanowel said:

The creator says that it uses Tanoa assets and per se you need Apex to use it (as for now).

My mistake, just read Icebreakr's previous post of not wanting to switch to APEX.

• Like 1

I have my own ways of using apex assets, they are now part of the "vanilla", so no prob using them from now on.

• Like 6