icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

question guys - yesterday we've had a nice squadnight, but we experienced problems on Taris Island - AI units were swimming in the air, like 5m in the air. Did anyone else experience that? We use RHS, ACE.
That's... unfortunate. I'll be deploying to Duala for the whole weekend (back to one dynamic mission I used to run all the time), so I'll be reporting any errors very soon. Have hot fixer at hand! :)

Well, I can't say I've seen any problems in or around Taris Island. Units spawned just fine as far as I can tell. Everything went smooth and we enjoyed Duala once again.

Must be an issue with our server or Alive. We're investigate further on... in the meanwhile, enjoy... expecting some new missions ;)

Must be an issue with our server or Alive. We're investigate further on... in the meanwhile, enjoy... expecting some new missions ;)

I assume the ALiVE index needs to be updated since the map update probably changed object IDs, etc. Will be done for next release.

Your floating AI on Taris island - are you spawning the AI on a headless client (ie: CQB module)?

Love the maps but the AI freaks out on bridges and on a of the smaller mountain roads in Panthera, buy a fort AI vehicles will crash into a rock rendering the vehicle useless

It's a known issue. I had to script a teleport system for the brigdes, for the AI to be able to cross them :).

Edited by seba1976

Thanks bud.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

It's an add on to the small island smack dab in the middle of the very top of the map. Basically "fleshes out" the middle top of the screen with land. There is a small town, some ruins, and I believe a new facility on it.

*Birmingham native by the way*

Live in Vestavia myself.

Thanks bud.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Live in Vestavia myself.

I grew up in Hoover.

Hey IceBreakr,

We had floating AI and vehicles on our server too, which doesn't use ALIVE. It seems that this happens on any part of the map below 10m ASL, not just the new northern island.

Hey IceBreakr,

We had floating AI and vehicles on our server too, which doesn't use ALIVE. It seems that this happens on any part of the map below 10m ASL, not just the new northern island.

Oh damn... :/ anyone knows how to fix this?

Hi, we saw this too. The boats were floating up and down through the water, and on land we saw floating infanty stuck in the swimming animation. We do not use Alive, but if it would help you, we can provide a list of mods we are using.

Is there any easy way of getting the units to use CSAT and NATO vehicles with ALIVE without resorting to actually using NATO and CSAT themselves?

They have tanks and mechanized infantry, but no choppers yet. I'd like to just use the Molation and Afrenian dudes but at least give them some humming birds or other light aircraft to make use of the many airstrips on the map as simply as I can when using ALIVE to handle all the spawning.

And I, too, have noticed units bouncing/floating in the air on this map, as well as vehicles instantly setting on fire the moment they are spawned, but only when running the map on a dedicated server. With or without Alive. No such problems in a LAN server, though. I initially thought it was just an issue from ALIVE on the map, but confirmed it is just the map when trying to figure out what the real issue was and ran it on the dedicated server without any mods other than Isla Duala and it's requirements.

Hi, we saw this too. The boats were floating up and down through the water, and on land we saw floating infanty stuck in the swimming animation. We do not use Alive, but if it would help you, we can provide a list of mods we are using.

This issue is not appearing only on Isla Duala. Here's a video I shot in SMD Sahrani:

I had tons of issues finalizing this missing because this problem only appeared on our dedicated server. I never had the issue on my issue, hosting my own game (non dedi).

FYI, it's not related to AI. Those boats are empty !!

Isla Duala v3.35 is out.

Changelog:
- fixed Taris Island lowlands because BIS has a bug on terrains high 5 metres or less (waves effect through solid ground)

- lowered waves that caused units to jump in extreme weather conditions
- fixed the satellite image bug on Southeast part of the map
- improved Afrenian Kamaz truck & Leo2 tank textures
- 90s Afrenian medic & squad leader have primary weapons now
- more soldiers are wearing protective gear now
- couple of smaller fixes, road smoothing, removed some roadside obstacles

Grab it on Play WithSix or www.IceBreakr.info

Hi IceBreakr,

May I ask for extra fortifications on the southern bank of the Central River between Djolan and Mawimbela?
Right now that area is left kind of exposed. Not much for tank-traps on the riverbank, nor any fortifications for what is supposed to be a border of war waging nations.
Perhaps the east/north eastern part of Djolan could also use some measure of protection from Molatian snipers, in the form of a high concrete wall going over north to east and then south along the river.

Maybe it is the case that such measures will inflict confusion upon the AI and their abbillity to ford and cross the river, but I would love to have some sort of Iron Curtain thingy going there.
I am aware that there are supposed to be peacekeepers in the bufferzone, but where do those operate from? No peacekeeper-basecamp to be found inside the bufferzone, atleast not baked onto the map.
Would be lovely to be had if I may say so. Also, I would expect more military installations on the Molatian and Afrenian side of their borders.

Plus armored ground vehicles currently drive straight through the border-fence, as if it isn't there. Is it possible to place that fence onto low-concrete wall sections? That way vehicles don't crash through anymore.
Atleast not where they aren't supposed to do so, save for the obvious breaches and gaps in the Molatian-side's border-fence. That said, thanks for all the hard work so far! :)

Hi IceBreakr,

May I ask for extra fortifications on the southern bank of the Central River between Djolan and Mawimbela?

Right now that area is left kind of exposed. Not much for tank-traps on the riverbank, nor any fortifications for what is supposed to be a border of war waging nations.

Perhaps the east/north eastern part of Djolan could also use some measure of protection from Molatian snipers, in the form of a high concrete wall going over north to east and then south along the river.

Maybe it is the case that such measures will inflict confusion upon the AI and their abbillity to ford and cross the river, but I would love to have some sort of Iron Curtain thingy going there.

I am aware that there are supposed to be peacekeepers in the bufferzone, but where do those operate from? No peacekeeper-basecamp to be found inside the bufferzone, atleast not baked onto the map.

Would be lovely to be had if I may say so. Also, I would expect more military installations on the Molatian and Afrenian side of their borders.

Why not add these items into whatever mission scenario you intend to use Duala for, rather than constrain everyone who wants to use the island?

• Like 2

Had a great mission on Duala last night - hit the northern island for the first time in combat - great fun.

Have to say the new Tanks and trucks look awesome too - leopard print no less... less Gucci - more Visace !

Hiya I don't know if its possible, but are you able to release a version of this map (and your other maps) that is interdependent of massive downloads like the mammoth 6.4gb download for the all in arma terrain pack? A lot of my friends have very slow internet speeds and that size of download is just too big.

We are not intereste in additional units, vehicles or anything like that. We just want to use the terrain as a setting for our Zeus missions.

kan - if your buddies want all in one maps - Duala, Esseker + + + etc if they build in all the assets each map download would be more than 1.2GB as opposed to XXX hundred megs.

Do the math, what you are asking for is illogical.

1 Big AiA or Cup_TP download + Small maps

Or

Loads of enormous maps that repeat ALL The same assets needlessly within each map pack - it's just not logical.

Now if your unit only uses 1 map, then it makes sense. But then it shafts all the rest of the community that do use more than one map.

AiA_TP and ( CUP_TP to be ) are fantastic bandwidth savers when you actually look at it logically.

Well, I need to focus on new terrains. I'm releasing Lingor for A3 and after that some new stuff: Balkania, Isla Abramia, Isla Rowalla, Tonal Reloaded, etc.

• Like 7