icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Wow !!! This is great !!!!!! :D

Just 2 quick questions: when this island will be supported on Alive, will the units be usable also on other terrains ? Wouldn't be better to have them on a separate pack ?

Can't really wait to start operations on this island with my group !! Thanks !!!

Thanks so much for keeping this island alive in Arma 3. I can't wait to try out the units too.

Will incorporate pathing for bridges, we'll see how it goes.

I guess this feature didn't make it for this release, right? AI is not crossing over bridges as far as I can tell. And the problem is much bigger now, 'cos Duala now has many more bridges... :(

Path LODs have been added to all of the bridges, try it out seba1976.

Path LODs have been added to all of the bridges, try it out seba1976.

I did. AI refuse to drive over bridges.

Really great update IceBreakr! Like the units a lot, but could you please separate the island and the units?

The thing is that we had Isla Duala as optional island on our server and it depends on mission if people need it or not and with the units, it's no longer optional (because of the playable content). Anyway the situation is, we would like to use the units on our server, but separately without weapons. I would also like to do replacement config for CUP weapons or HLC weapons, I would share that with you back here if you want ;)

Anyway keep up in good work and thanks! I'm looking forward for other maps or updates!

Edited by EvroMalarkey

Really great update IceBreakr! Like the units a lot, but could you please separate the island and the units?

The thing is that we had Isla Duala as optional island on our server and it depends on mission if people need it or not and with the units, it's no longer optional (because of the playable content). Anyway the situation is, we would like to use the units on our server, but separately without weapons. I would also like to do replacement config for CUP weapons or HLC weapons, I would share that with you back here if you want ;)

Anyway keep up in good work, I'm looking forward for other maps or updates!

Same thing here, please keep the two as separate packages.

Here is the replacement config for the weapons - GOOGLE DRIVE

Two versions included one for RHS, RH, HLC and CUP weapons and the other is only for CUP weapons. Enjoy ;)

Btw, if someone wants to do their variant of what the units are using, there is config-org.txt with the original classnames. So you can change the weapons and magazines classnames yourself.

Will incorporate pathing for bridges, we'll see how it goes.

Yaaay!! Hope it works..

Hi, i haven' t had the time to explore the new version in the editor yet, but what i' ve seen of it yesterday is lovely, i noticed tons of changes compared to the previous version, great work as usual IceBreakr.

I noticed that the back up ironsight on the AUG is constantly zoomed, which kinda defeats it' s purpose as a primarily CQB oriented sight, any chance it' s zoom level can be brought in line with the Arma3 ones in a future update?

Edited by Tsark

Really nice to see this classic being ported over.

Got some issue with some trees having a borked up LOD. Such as:

http://i.imgur.com/Ikvj1sT.png (821 kB)

Is this WAD? Installed every file from Panthera and everything except the unit and weapons file from Duala (redundant with our other addons), and I have AiA TP installed.

Thanks.

Booz, get to advanced gfx settings and disable that Trees+grass crap render. That fixes the issue with "bitmap looking" trees.

IceBreakr - I assume you're referring to ATOC ? what setting should we be using in there ?

Booz, get to advanced gfx settings and disable that Trees+grass crap render. That fixes the issue with "bitmap looking" trees.

That works much better, thanks a lot! I don't suppose you have a magic trick like that for the rather ugly mid-range texture LOD?

Tsark thanks for joining the event, your team is way cool! Hope to have more sessions with you guys.

We found a lot of bugs still present: shadows missing on a character, cops are in underpants on dedicated server, compasses are missing from all units, etc. Will be fixed asap.

AtoC should be disabled yes, dunno why is that on with vanilla.

Hey IceBreakr, are you aware that when your playing a mission on your map you cant reload your saves? When you load the save it either puts you under the ground or loads Utes and drops you in the sea. Ever heard of this?

Nope Taydeer. I don't ever play SP. Any ideas how to fix this issue? Does it happen on other custom islands too?

Hi IceBreakr :)

The intro cutscene is not loaded properly, but I have no idea why it does what it does.

First, you still have it based on the old version, so you need to change the intro.isladuala to intro.isladuala3, addons dependencies in mission.sqm and the class CfgMissions path. That's easy, but it still won't work.

When loading A3 with only Duala, no other mods (and ignoring the dependecy errors), start Duala in the editor and exit to menu again, the game still wants to load the class CfgWorlds.isladuala

Note the missing 3 there at the end, scrolling through the config I don't see a reason why the game would want to look for that class. AiA-TP adds this class (and dozens of others for other community islands) for compatibility stuff I guess, but links to utes.wrp. That is why we see utes, as your new island doesn't use the old classname anymore. Changing the parent to "class isladuala: isladuala3" makes the intro show on duala, but I guess still not duala3 so the savegames won't work.

Edit: I have no idea why Arma does this, maybe someone else has an idea and can help you further. My wild guess is that the game would somehow look for the classname to look like the .wrp name? Is there something inside these files you can change in TerrainBuilder? I have no idea how TB works.

It seems to work if you rename the isladuala.wrp to isladuala3.wrp

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the next updates, I know are coming. There are roads ending in suspiciously empty clearings :P

Edited by Scruffy

I see my last comment got lost being the last comment on the page. But i'd still like to know what happened to this.

i forgot if this was mentioned is the army with the island too?? with the millita sort of enemies ;)
Hope not. Much rather it be a separate "mod" so those that don't want them aren't forced to have it.
Units will be a separate addon.
With units now being part of the map it adds yet more cold-war weapon clones to the already over saturated cold-war weapon pack pool that many other mods add(and thus many people/groups already have) Was really looking forward to them being their own thing that way we could use the map without worrying about having a 4th set of AKs, RPGs and PKMs added to our groups mod pack but so much for that.

Is this definitive or is there any chance of still getting a militia-less version?