icebreakr

[IceBreakr/IBIS] Isla Duala for A3

IB: great work, once again

Kju: thx for working in the wings, again

"MP campaign that follows on Thursday @ 2100 CET" tell me more :P

Given recent events, more than ever I want to show my support for long-term modders like you.

Yep looking forward to this A LOT.

Hope the ALiVE team can get it indexed - so we can get it on the server

SJ

Speaking of bridges, is it possible to make the AI able to drive over them, or is it a lost cause?

Small teaser before the release of v3.2 ;)

kAs1rNtm.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr

Tnx, Tonal is in production, TBA. Along with many other islands (AiA TP won't be required).

I can't wait to "go back" to Tonal.... So many good memories... Thanks for making this great map...

Speaking of bridges, is it possible to make the AI able to drive over them, or is it a lost cause?

Any word on this?

Will incorporate pathing for bridges, we'll see how it goes.

Tnx, Tonal is in production, TBA. Along with many other islands (AiA TP won't be required).

Tonal? The Tonal from "BAS Tonal Tango"? OMG :cool: I love it! When I cross over Duala (A3) I feel the old time when my HMMW was shoot from civilian rebels that throw stones. old time Operation Flashpoint. No game will be better than OFP!! However IceBreaker your Islands are simply awesome. I see Lingor and seems also very cool. U plan to import in A3? However nice decision to don't be necessary AiA TP. Nice nice decision!

cant wait for the release tonight, looking forward to seeing the molation/afrene armies in their fancy new uniforms and updated guns

Pssst.... It's out ;) see first post.

Changelog:

v3.2

- added: UNITS! Molatian and Afrenian Infantry along with weapons (RPK, PKM, AKM, AKMS, Steyr Aug A1, SVD Dragunov, RPG7, etc.)

- added: Afrenian policemen with new weapons (AR-15 and M1911)

- added: dust/particle effects for all surfaces (tnx Kju for help)

- added: ammoboxes with gear for both armies (Ammo>Afrenian Gear, Ammo>Molatian Gear)

- workers brough buldozers to Aeroporto Swonto Pinley and flattened some of the bumps

- improved coastline, added a lot more detail

- slight military upgrades to the Kinsella and Bolabongo airports

- Afrenians claimed central-west island and built a Vestinga settlement there after they discovered ruins of an ancient fortress there

- Molatians are threatening with invasion of the Vestinga so Afrenians built the Katakabi Armybase on West coast

- reworked three oasis areas, they don't use obsolete A2 pond object anymore

- removed: St. Trisha island, replaced with huge Suidorra Region (towns/villages: Lukasa, Imalia, Solon, Boona, Campolongo)

- Molatians bombarded the Solon village on SE to retailate for Afrenian new Vestinga settlement in border zone, new war is on horizon

- updated island selector preview picture of the map

Special thanks to nzdfcrash who went extra miles to wrap up this awesome units release. Models, weapons, configs, you name it. He's da man.

Enjoy.

Edited by IceBreakr

Great work IB! Very excited about the upcoming islands! Hopefully this stream of free amazing content will never stop ;)

Icebreakr, you continue to amaze me. I loved this map in A2, love it in A3 and am looking forward to more of your, as usual, BI-Quality professional stuff. Me and my friends already enjoyed numerous matches on Duala in A3, its just a blast with the right assets.

I might suggest though that you release the Units as a seperate mod. The AKs and PKMs from dozents of mods are already stockpiling in my Armory :P

Anyway, great work on these, looking forward to fitting vehicles maybe.

Edited by Dar

Pssst.... It's out ;) see first post.

Changelog:

v3.2

- added: UNITS! Molatian and Afrenian Infantry along with weapons (RPK, PKM, AKM, AKMS, Steyr Aug A1, SVD Dragunov, RPG7, etc.)

- added: Afrenian policemen with new weapons (AR-15 and M1911)

i forgot if this was mentioned is the army with the island too?? with the millita sort of enemies
Hope not. Much rather it be a separate "mod" so those that don't want them aren't forced to have it.
Units will be a separate addon.
err... whatever happened to this? And before anyone says i'm ungrateful, it's simply annoying to

1. have units you don't actually want.

2. have duplicate units

and 3. have yet another pack of weapons for the 100th time in your mod set because everyone keeps adding their own AKs and RPGs and PKMs.

I am very much grateful for the time and effort these guys put into their mods of course(because it's absolutely amazing), but can't help but it feels that these things ever get taken into consideration.

Edited by Chompster