Sign in to follow this  
reforger

OFP Dragon Rising: Port Skira

Is it possible to port the Island Skira from Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising to Arma 3? And by the way, is someone already working on Skira?

Thank you for all answers.

Is it possible to port the Island Skira from Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising to Arma 3? And by the way, is someone already working on Skira?

Thank you for all answers.

Lol.

Sunken Dragon isn't a BI game, but from Codemasters. So no.

@JShock

Thank you. Yes the Servers are actually down, but I will check it when the servers are available.

Edited by reforger

Contact Skira's developer for A2 and port it to A3.

Seems like the only viable solution.

The Skira map made for Arma 2 is smaller in scale and was never finished afaik. The actual OF:DR Island is 1:1 scale, I believe, so it's massive. Codemasters has not released any content of their games, so I doubt we will get it ingame anytime soon.

Arma 2 also couldn't do terrain grids with the same resolution as OF:DR, which results in the A2 Skira looking very rough, in addition to being smaller scale. A3 may be able to cope with the resolution, but I'm not sure that it could do the same terrain size as Dragon Rising. (30 kilometers in length for the Island alone, not for the map edges.)

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I posted on this forum. The last time was in fact on another post regarding Skira.

I am unable to make a post on the forum just yet but I have recently uploaded a revision of Skira for ArmA 3 called Kaska and is now available on the workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2846963826. Though we are not far off from ArmA 4 I still wanted to get this finished for the community to see how the map would play in ArmA 3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1