bigpickle

Speed Of Sound Pure

There is this minor annoyance when I hear more shots in the echo while I actually shoot one shot . (Vermin and Sting for example)

It is only like that when I switch on full auto.

Also, what .pbo file contains the sounds that are heard when a heli is firing in the distance (The minigun) and it is always long no matter how long the pilot/gunner is shooting the minigun

Edited by Marcuskac

hi after need some help installing speed of sound pure v12 after i transfer the folder to my document/arma i open de game enable speed of sound pure, restart arma and error come up and it says.

Addon 'speedofsound_pure_a143' requires addon 'extended_eventhandlers'

any idea how can i fix this thanks.

hi after need some help installing speed of sound pure v12 after i transfer the folder to my document/arma i open de game enable speed of sound pure, restart arma and error come up and it says.

Addon 'speedofsound_pure_a143' requires addon 'extended_eventhandlers'

any idea how can i fix this thanks.

Extended Eventhandlers are part of CBA mod. You need the CBA mod too ;)

Extended Eventhandlers are part of CBA mod. You need the CBA mod too ;)

i believe i have it i have is @cba_a3 is at the same location my documents/arma. is that the same one we are talking about?

Uploading hotfix 3 as we speak to mega first then will send to armaholic.

Fix/changelog:

Finished person & scope sounds for rifles and machine guns (pistols and smgs left to do)

Fixed DLC choppers error

Tweaked enviroment sounds

Altered and tweaked distance sounds, listen out for the new distance machine gun samples!

Tweaked some helicopters SFX and samples

Tweaked 50cal samples

Tweaked Ifirit samples

Tweaked Mk200 samples

Tweaked Mk20 samples

Tweaked Rahim samples

Tweaked Zafir samples

Tweaked distant sonic crack samples

Tweaked shell impact samples

Toned down a particular fire ignition sample

New NLAW, RPG and Titan samples

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the update BP.:cool:will give this some stress testing tonight when I blast the living crap out of some poor extremists.

That distant machine gun...damn

Nice job with this one, big size for a hotfix but I noticed new sounds right away.

Thanks guys for the positive comments, hopefully looking at bringing that distant mg style to all automatic weapons...hopefully.

Nice mod but for the moment I prefer JSRS Dragonfyre due to better FPS. Your mod seems much heavier for some reason.

Any plans of optimizing?

Nice mod but for the moment I prefer JSRS Dragonfyre due to better FPS. Your mod seems much heavier for some reason.

Any plans of optimizing?

If your performance is poor enough to dictate which sound mod you use, you should really think about either upgrading, or sacrificing in some other department to gain whatever FPS you lost.

I've never noticed the difference, so I'm curious. Could you share your test results to show just how much each of them effect your frame rate compared to vanilla?

My performance compared to others are great I'm just saying that there is an impact to the performance while using this mod.

It's my personal experience by trying both mods. If it works for you be happy and stop telling people that they need to upgrade to play this game.

My performance compared to others are great I'm just saying that there is an impact to the performance while using this mod.

It's my personal experience by trying both mods. If it works for you be happy and stop telling people that they need to upgrade to play this game.

This. I personally don't notice any FPS drop, however, it's not at all implausible to hear so. That being said, my specs aren't the greatest and I would love to upgrade. However, I, like many other people, lack the funds to do so and I run well enough on what I have.

BP, definitely a refreshing update to this mod. It hindered my ability to save my missions beforehand. Now I can save my missions without the fear of losing my games :D

Edited by devilslayersbane
Clarification

Wow, I'm sorry you got upset. You made a vague claim with no evidence or ground to stand on. Without that portion of your post all we have left here is you coming in just to say you use a different mod instead. From the looks of it, that might have been your intention from the get go because it's clear now that you weren't looking to discuss the performance impact you are claiming.

Wow, I'm sorry you got upset. You made a vague claim with no evidence or ground to stand on. Without that portion of your post all we have left here is you coming in just to say you use a different mod instead. From the looks of it, that might have been your intention from the get go because it's clear now that you weren't looking to discuss the performance impact you are claiming.

I have to agree with Nikiforos, there is a performance impact. However, in testing I did last week, I found it to be on average around 2-3 FPS on my system. As my system is only minimum spec for Arma 3 and my processor is already overclocked, I have to be careful which mods I use. Even on my system 2-3 FPS is not a problem and I am running this mod quite happily.

Loving the latest update BP those LMG's sound epic at distance. I'm also liking what you've done to the F2000 (I rarely use the vanilla firearms but sometime's run with NATO/AI..etc). I recently had a firefight in a valley in Tunba and I had to sit back and just watch it unfold. Sniper fire, tracers, tanks exploding, sonic cracks.....some of the debris/impact's is starting to sound a bit dated and LoFi compared to your more recent work imo?

ps I haven't noticed any significant drop in FPS? I will test some more when I get time :)

Is the thump sound while firing the RHS US Army weapons in first person and ADS intentional? It sounds like two different sounds are conflicting so I doubt it is.

Hello, thank you for this Mod !! Its a good Battlefield Atmosphere !! Awsome Sounds.

But what i dont like is the Sound of the Gatling Gun ( i think it is )

Also just a Question wich data are for the Bullets they flewing around the player ? Because i dont like this noise and its to loud. Its is a single Data and can i remove this form the Addon-Folder ?

Thank You !

I think I know what sound you mean, but I don't think its the Gatling gun, what it feels like is that the distant HMG ,or maybe in this case LMG, sound

is played every time the weapon fires in the distance, if it would fire only once the sound is clear and it sounds awesome but as the player constantly fires, stops firing and so on,

the sounds stack up and it sounds really bad, kinda like a Gatling gun but it's just a bunch of distant sounds stacked together.

Sometimes the new, deeper HMG sounds even stack together, but it isn't as bad as this, this is more in the higher frequencies and more noticeable.

Like the sounds are not only one shot but a sound of multiple continuous shots being fired (played) even though the player shoots only once.

Would like to know what file I can delete to turn it off if there is no possible way to make the sound play only one shot when the player shoots only once, if that is even possible with this engine.

Still not sure if it's only my problem.

As for the real Gatling gun, it has the same problem in the distance (So does the Pawnee machine gun), when the player only fires one shot but the sound being played is much, much longer and doesn't sync with the shots fired but only gets played once and then stops after some time. (No stacking though)

Maybe it's my problem for mixing SoS with JSRS: DF, I deleted some files from one I didn't need, that is the other mod got it better so I just removed the same sound files form the other mod.

Edited by Marcuskac

I think I know what sound you mean, but I don't think its the Gatling gun, what it feels like is that the distant HMG ,or maybe in this case LMG, sound

is played every time the weapon fires in the distance, if it would fire only once the sound is clear and it sounds awesome but as the player constantly fires, stops firing and so on,

the sounds stack up and it sounds really bad, kinda like a Gatling gun but it's just a bunch of distant sounds stacked together.

Sometimes the new, deeper HMG sounds even stack together, but it isn't as bad as this, this is more in the higher frequencies and more noticeable.

Like the sounds are not only one shot but a sound of multiple continuous shots being fired (played) even though the player shoots only once.

Would like to know what file I can delete to turn it off if there is no possible way to make the sound play only one shot when the player shoots only once, if that is even possible with this engine.

Still not sure if it's only my problem.

As for the real Gatling gun, it has the same problem in the distance (So does the Pawnee machine gun), when the player only fires one shot but the sound being played is much, much longer and doesn't sync with the shots fired but only gets played once and then stops after some time. (No stacking though)

Maybe it's my problem for mixing SoS with JSRS: DF, I deleted some files from one I didn't need, that is the other mod got it better so I just removed the same sound files form the other mod.

Yes is test it today. Its realy the MG Distance sound .... its sounds so bad ... and destroying the Atmosphere.... :(

What can id do to remove that sound ?

And the other one.. "Also just a Question, wich data are for the Bullets they flewing around the player ? Because i dont like this noise and its to loud. Its is a single Data and can i remove this form the Addon-Folder ? "

The problem of this mg or gatling sound seems to be the lack of air dampening effect of distance. Don´t know if the clear rattling sound is authentic or not..

Yes is test it today. Its realy the MG Distance sound .... its sounds so bad ... and destroying the Atmosphere.... :(

Must admit that this one turned me off too. Just sounds wrong.

Found a missing quotation mark dunno if that will solve the problem. If not kinda tough cos I love it ;)