bigpickle

Speed Of Sound Pure

great mod so far, would be good if the sounds for footsteps and equipment had louder sounds when walking/ running

I agree with Azer1234.....great mod, really punchy soundset...but the only weakness for me is the footsteps and equipment sounds.

As these are the sounds that you carry around with you(no pun intended)they should be more crisp and prominent in the mix.

Regardless, this is an awesome piece of work and i'm grateful for the mod.

One possible issue I've noticed is that some kinds of missiles seem to be missing long distance sounds, or they are a bit too quiet. During a chopper support mission I was unable to hear any Hellfires fired from an Apache nor hear the missile impacts while others could when using the default sounds. Nor could I really hear an echo of an explosion as well.

The Apache in question was the one from the HAFM Overhaul mod just as a side mention.

I admit the complaint is a bit sketchy. I'll probably have to try to do some testing to see if it's really an issue or not.

10/10 haven't heard the new environment sounds since (I just got used to the default arma sounds and actually really like them) but great job man. Perfectly balanced sounds. The only thing I would look into next is maybe the helicopter rattling sounds at high speeds, they seem a bit high. As if the bolts for the hull is hardly pressed on =P

Yeah i dropped the ball on that one, they are reduced and in the bag for update 3

getting a popup error about smokeshell.scope.

also my mate got this in his RPT

13:34:22 Warning Message: Sound _SCOPE not found
13:34:22 Warning Message: Sound _SCOPE not found
13:34:23 WARNING: Function 'name' - Gnrnr is dead
13:34:23 WARNING: Function 'name' - Gnrnr is dead

Yeah I get both of those errors, sound _SCOPE and smokeshell.scope, to appear at least once a mission as well.

0:12:51 Warning Message: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/SmokeShell.scope'.

2:57:40 Warning Message: Sound _SCOPE not found

I noticed this error as well in my rpts after looking for a crash issue last night while riding one of the MH9s on the bench:

0:21:17 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_pure_mh9\rotorbench.wss'

Here's a bunch ofother RPT errors I've noticed now as well

20:41:28 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_pure_core\sounds\distance\med\rifles_med\trgc_far.wss'

0:03:56 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_po30\soundengineonext.wss'

0:03:59 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_po30\soundengineoffext.wss'

0:05:16 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_po30\soundengineonext.wss'

But the rotorbench one is probably the most prevalent in my logs.

I tried to search for it but couldn't find it, then went on to report to them to add the mod and I found Bigpickle's comment asking to remove the mod from PlayWithSIX.

I respect the Authors choice but I kinda use the program for all my mods since it is easy to update and install them, they are all in one place so it kinda sucks but I can deal with it, wish I would know the reason though.

Heads up, the newest patch introduced these two issues for me. The first one visible during start up:

20:30:24 Warning Message: Addon 'speedofsound_pure_ch47' requires addon 'A3_Air_F_RTD'

20:30:25 Warning Message: Addon 'speedofsound_pure_skycrane' requires addon 'A3_Air_F_RTD'

Why did you remove it from PlayWithSIX?

Big Pickle gave his reasons in this post. It's only temporary while he tweaks the mod.

so after the arma 3 update today, there are 2 popup errors. ch47 and skycranes. I think the ch47 is RHS chinnook which may inherit from one of the a3 choppers which classnames has changed in this update.

Big Pickle gave his reasons in this post. It's only temporary while he tweaks the mod.

Ok, thank you for that.

Just downloaded this today and I got a few errors. Has anyone else encountered this? Is it still safe to put it in my arma file or should I just wait for it to be fixed? I have a couple error messages:

Unexpected end of data

there are some data after the end of the payload data

Data error: speedofsound_pure\addons\speedofsound_pure_bullethits.pbo.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Hi Dragon my bet is its either installed wrong or most likely the new Arma 3 update. Seeing errors I've not seen up till I got the update on arma 3. ;) Give him some time he will have it fixed right up. :)

Any way to disable the bomb whistle sound and that delays that are too much full of bass for my taste and are always too delayed no matter how close to the source?

(I used the A-164)

EDIT: Ok nevermind I fixed the issue, but still if someone knows how to disable bomb whistle it would be great.

Edited by Marcuskac

yo, great sound mod!! does anyone experience inconsistent ballistic cracks? like it works sometimes then doesn't! also whats the difference between the two ballistic crack Pbo's? the one in the pack is 10meg and the one in optional is 6

I noticed this error as well in my rpts after looking for a crash issue last night while riding one of the MH9s on the bench:

0:21:17 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_pure_mh9\rotorbench.wss'

Here's a bunch ofother RPT errors I've noticed now as well

20:41:28 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_pure_core\sounds\distance\med\rifles_med\trgc_far.wss'

0:03:56 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_po30\soundengineonext.wss'

0:03:59 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_po30\soundengineoffext.wss'

0:05:16 Cannot load sound 'speedofsound_po30\soundengineonext.wss'

But the rotorbench one is probably the most prevalent in my logs.

Fixed them thanks guys

just some more feedback man, lookin forward to next update. using 7.1 surround headset

- vehicle horn and 'getting in' sfx are way to loud for me, the sound also seems to be coming from directly behind me.

- getting startup error about a .pbo that must have got removed in last a3 patch

- as mentioned before, footsteps and gear rattling could be expanded on

- environment sounds, duno if its just me but on AiA maps all I ever hear is the distant wind wistle all the time

- (mod conflict) using JS_JC_FA18 dropping gbus results in 2 popup errors and rpt spam about sound and cloudlets

- bullet cracks seem to be hit and miss within our clan, some ppl get them some don't

are you able to describe all the optional pbos and what they change?

thanks mate

Excuse my lack of knowledge but how do I ensure I have the latest version and make sure I have everything updated? Do I have to download and reinstall every time you change something small?

Is anyone else losing other player sounds. In MP I cannot hear my teammates shooting, no matter what gun. I hear AI shoot fine, along with somic cracks and interior echos from my teammates guns, but no actually gun sounds.

They report the same issue. I'm only running SOS, blastcore,cba3 and Shaktacs UI addons. Everything is up to date.

In the 1.38 update from BIS the changelog states

• Removed: Obsolete addon Air_F_RTD

This is giving an error when starting the game and prevents the loading of saves in Singleplayer missions. At the moment I can't use the mod because of that.

Hi

I cannot load savegames anymore when Speed of Sound is activated. When I load a brand new save I get the mission completion summary screen and the mission ends. Only mods @CBA_A3;@SOS and removing @SOS gets rid of the problem. I think this problem was not present before the latest Arma patch.

Thank you!

A temp solution for the savegames until Bigpickle uploads a corrected version of this two files.

Put "speedofsound_pure_skycrane.pbo" and "speedofsound_pure_ch47.pbo" into an optional folder.