bigpickle

Speed Of Sound Pure

Thanks for sending us the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The sound effects are amazing and they add a lot of immersion to the game. Overall quality is really high. One effect I think can be improved however is the firing sound for the RPG. It should be a much louder explosion sound instead a "soft" rocket launch sound. Firing a RPG32 equivalent weapon IRL requires both earplugs and earmuffs and you still get ringing in your ears..

Wait, so do I just get the hotfix if I had the previous SoSP download (1.0), or do I need to redownload the whole thing /and/ the hotfix?

Just download the hotfix and patch the mod, basically all it is, is a patch, no need to redownload the mod if you already have it.

Hey chaps been tinkering and I wondered which suppressed sounded better, old (current) or the new, just getting some opinions about which sound people like the most. I'm feeling that I'm gonna move the current to the SMG's and make the New for rifles. Sounds are still WIP on new, probably will add a little low end to polish the samples up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_RtTnI8NiU&feature=youtu.be

OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_fI7mbqMBU&feature=youtu.be

Just downloaded and installed speed of sound pure and the hotfix - and its amazing! But couple of questions

1)I seem to have an issue with loading saved games in Single Player when I have SoS installed - it gives me an error message when I try to load a saved game (bizarrely saying that I deleted some file related to the other sound mode JSRS and that's why the saved game doesn't work) - even stranger I had the save saved game issue with the earlier SoS that strangely goes away when I enable both SoS and JSRS together! - anyone know how I can resolve this saved game problem?

2)Secondly I seemed to remember in the older SoS there was some blood pack that showed red mist when you got a hit? - is this enabled in the SoS pure or am I mistaken and is there some other blood mist mod that you can install?

Hey chaps been tinkering and I wondered which suppressed sounded better, old (current) or the new, just getting some opinions about which sound people like the most. I'm feeling that I'm gonna move the current to the SMG's and make the New for rifles. Sounds are still WIP on new, probably will add a little low end to polish the samples up.

I downloaded the hotfix the other day and gave it a good workout

and the mod is awesome. I loved it. I was using a suppressed MXSW and with the increased volumes of the hotfix it sounds pretty good. Obviously, with any suppressed weapon, you will still get the noise of the moving parts, which with some rifles can be quite noisy. I don't think the new sounds provide this as good as the old sound. In both cases it needs to be a bit more mechanical, but it will vary from weapon to weapon, depending on it's system of working parts. The sound would basically be the same as when a weapon gets cocked except in a blow back weapon where the working parts are held back and only released when the trigger is pressed.
1)I seem to have an issue with loading saved games in Single Player when I have SoS installed - it gives me an error message when I try to load a saved game (bizarrely saying that I deleted some file related to the other sound mode JSRS and that's why the saved game doesn't work) - even stranger I had the save saved game issue with the earlier SoS that strangely goes away when I enable both SoS and JSRS together! - anyone know how I can resolve this saved game problem?

I had a saved game from before I installed the hotfix and it resumed without any problem. If you had JSRS enabled when you saved the game, you need to have it enabled when you resume the game otherwise you get told that you can't play the mission because you have deleted files.

From my own personal experience being around suppressed weapons the first sounds a little more realistic than the second. The second would be a good sound used for subsonic ammo.

JSRS there is addons in misson sqm u'll need to delete to play.

Does Arma have subsonic ammo?

mikey/alky

thanks for the replies - did a bit more testing with it and concluded the following

1)firstly these are saved games made in my current configuration - and I tried to load them immediately after making them without changing anything - I get the same issue with SP missions I create in the editor (which maybe created when I was running JSRS) but also with mod missions - I just can't load the saved games I am creating.

2)Secondly it appears to be anSoS issue as I had a similar issue the original version of SoS and now also with Pure - however when I swap back to JSRS I can load my saved games.......

3)BigPickle - any chance you can look into this because IMO your mod provides better sound than JSRS however its just a shame can't get the saved games to load - or maybe there is a some other workaround I cant see - note also on my SP mod missions the saved games seem to be automatically removed when I exit to desktop anyway.

Edited by mac1

Better but still not perfect, All the sounds are balanced really well except for 2, Helis are too loud and birds are wayyyy too loud (They are as loud as gun shots and are still extremely louds at night time). 2 More things, the second suppressor sounds extremely authentic, and the littlebird propeller-sound needs to oscillate at the end rather then just fade out. The propeller sound seems too go one way too long compared to the turbine engine.

Edited by mythlawlbear

The first sounds quite a bit better in my opinion.

Definitely the 2nd one, but I never used suppressor with MX guns before, so never heard the first one, i like the katiba suppressor sound, thats

the only stock gun i have used since the release of the mod.

BP something I've noticed playing a mission just a little bit ago. Is there a way to disable the flys around dead bodies. It is almost like your standing in a hornets nest. Some dead bodies should have flies but when you shoot a bunch of AI and their all dead around you and you hear is buzzing as your walking around them it can drive you a bit crazy. With TFAR enabled i could barely hear someone talking next to me over the sound of the flies.

Anyone mention the artillery round impacts from scorchers sound like a fluffy air splash, there isn't any epic explosion sound that makes you

curl up in a ball with fear or run for your life as in the previous SOS version not Pure version SOS i mean either, is it a bug or still wip or something on my end, will test with vanilla with it.

I can't hear any gun suppress soun

Who can help me?

Corrupt download maybe.

Try redownloading it and download the hotfix as well.

Strange sound in quadrocopter. They make a noise louder than helicopters.

Hi BP

I think the 230mm impact/explosion is not playing?. Apologies if this a known bug, but i'm a lazy git :p. Keep up the good work mate.

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 ----------

Anyone mention the artillery round impacts from scorchers sound like a fluffy air splash, there isn't any epic explosion sound that makes you

curl up in a ball with fear or run for your life as in the previous SOS version not Pure version SOS i mean either, is it a bug or still wip or something on my end, will test with vanilla with it.

I'm getting this also no 230mm impacts

I was running no other mods at the time and simply recreated this dragging by 230mm from Zeus

Edited by taumargin

I tested the othe morning and the sounds vary, distant explosions sound work, but when their close, enough to make your screen shake they are as you quoted swishy.

I actually prefer the explosion sounds from first SOS as they had that sound for the shell it made before impact, then it was fairly epic at that, tbh idk why there is a new

version of the mod, I mean there are some nice aspects to it, but the first SOS was pretty decent imo.

To me all types of explosions should be epic based on their type, i want to be scared shitless when i hear them, or know when they are about to impact.

First of all thanks for making and sharing Bigpickle!

Wonder if anyone knows about any active torrent for this?

/KC

Some more feedback. With DragonFyre out now I gotta say that I like SOS a bit more. More bassy-punchy and even sounds.

Horn sound are still too loud! (inside view). Mortar sound maybe still too weak. Nighttime environment is too reapeating... constant birds chirping.

Just wondering how I can get saved games to work with speed of sound pure? (If I create a SP scenario with SoS enabled it should then work?) I am guessing from previous discussion my steam workshop SP missions are unlikely to have saved games working unless they were created with SoS enabled? or did I misunderstand