bigpickle

Speed Of Sound Pure

well FistoGames, I'm sat here with a big fat grin right now because of your comments. Thank you very much for your praise, it makes it worth every hour thats been put into this.

Reference the heavy bass on the get in vehicle sounds, i never had that issue till this morning and it nearly destroyed my ears. I checked with one of my testers and he had no such issues yet mine litterally appeared over night and no matter what i did it remained untill I uninstalled my soundcard drivers and then reinstalled them again.

I developed the samples using windows settings on all sound devices set to 16bit 48000Hz, once i reset to those parameters after reinstalling it was back to normal for me without the "destructo-bass"! I have absolutely no idea what or why this happened but I recommend trying what I did to see if it fixes it for you too. If not let me on your replys which sounds are super bassy and i will bass cut them a few times.

I've been working on a hotfix to fix the obvious issues such as DLC choppers issues, low handheld weapons volumes etc, at the moment its still looking good for Sunday release of the hotfix.

Will try that fix later on BP. The 'destructo-bass' was really annoying.

One other thing I noticed was the shell/rocket dropping sound is really strange. You would expect to hear it JUST before the explosion but actually you hear it about 10-20 secs before. Now either time is dilating or BIS have something strange in their code.

Thanks again for this wonderful soundscape!

Edited by Kremator

The pbo that removes radio voices should be optional not default imho. Then you wont get all the "bug feedback" about it.

The pbo that removes radio voices should be optional not default imho. Then you wont get all the "bug feedback" about it.

Agreed. And same with the music, make it optional.

I don't know if it's my game, but the ballistic cracks are extremely inconsistent. I really enjoy them sooooooo much, if you could please make it happen every time I'm shot at , itll be greatly appreciated. Its the only problem I have with this mod and it's really bothering me. Thank you.

Performance is getting lower when using this mod. Maybe not optimized enough but then again it's just beta if I understood correctly.

Some mods are not working with this sound mod, like RHS Escalation, etc. Is this the case? or is there any fix for it?

Sounds seem unbalanced, gun shots are fairly low, nature is extremely loud, sonic pops are unbelievably loud.

Is there anyway to get rid of that really annoying cat from the nature sounds. Totally unrealistic!

Changing the sound quality to 48000Hz seems to have sorted the problem a little, although it does seem a little bassy still.

I think we all need to keep in mind that when it comes to audio, person A doesn't only prefer something totally different than person B, but identical audio data sounds completely different through system A and system B due to a million combinations of hardware and software/configuration.

I am getting an error with this mod. This is from my RPT log.

10:06:16 Warning Message: Cannot open object bmp.p3d
10:06:16 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model bmp.p3d
10:06:16 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model bmp.p3d

I thought it was to do with a BMP but it looks like it's to do with a helicopter config.

Sonic cracks can be loud.

My biggest issue with the aound mod is really just the overall audio used.

Small arms fall short yet again. What it sounds like from the first person is a mic picking up someone shooting away from the recording device at a distance of maybe 5-10 yards. That is why it is so quiet. The echo does help mitigate this but it doesn't happen consistently enough.

I understand that audio is subjective. However some things are universal. The goal should be to portray sound as people perceive it, not how a microphone records it.

It seems to me that there is a lack of bass involved with gunfire and explosions. That has always been what is holding this mod back. I loved the original sonic cracks, I actually swapped them in and removed the JSRS ones.

As a Marine and as a firearms enthusiast who shoots bi-weekly on wide open public land those are my thoughts. Gunfire never sounds clean.

I am getting an error with this mod. This is from my RPT log.

10:06:16 Warning Message: Cannot open object bmp.p3d
10:06:16 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret body mainTurret not found while initializing the model bmp.p3d
10:06:16 Error: bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter/Turrets/MainTurret/: Turret gun mainGun not found while initializing the model bmp.p3d

I thought it was to do with a BMP but it looks like it's to do with a helicopter config.

Thanks for the rpt, will go over that one

Hi bro, there aren't footstep sounds nor radio chatter / music (inside vehicles) for me. What could be the problem?

A small bug with the Large cargo doors on the domes, They use the same sound as opening and closing regular doors.

The grenades and far explosions are mmhhhh.

Reminds me alot of Augustdorf shooting area from Germany.

The distant explosions sound real good.

Hi bro, there aren't footstep sounds nor radio chatter / music (inside vehicles) for me. What could be the problem?

Footsteps are there but they are a bit too quiet, have increased the volume a little for hotfix 1 which is coming soon. Noticed though they are much louder in 3rd person than in first person so i presume thats a Bis bug.

Just spent half the afternoon with a sniper 320 atop the hill overlooking Agia Marina shooting and sinking at TPW random boats -JeeSus thats the baddest ass sound as of yet. Bullet cackling with electricity across the valley is just a game within itself.

Hi

Thank you for the update! Love the explosion and environmental sounds. The gunshots might be a bit too similar, sounding like "knock knock"

Possible bugs: the mortar explosion sounds seems wrong. M134 minigun sounds strange and repeats (from distance). Footsteps too quiet. Gear up sound on A-164 is too loud inside! Horn sound it too loud!!

Edited by b0s

Updated main post with a hotfix to address some of the problems people have found.

Well the nature sound ambient has the same problem like the first Version its always dayambient sounds in the night too.