bigpickle

Speed Of Sound Pure

As of the time of writing, the Mega mirror is loads faster than the armaholic mirror. I've got a G930 'round my ears, and I loved the old SoS, so I'm excited to give this a go.

Loving it.

The gun battles and distant crump and rumble of rounds exploding is potential hard on materiel.

I use AGM mod. I noticed some weapons not being heard. I moved the "real names" file .pbo and all weapons can be heard.

Just did my own problem solving.

Keep it up BP

I use AGM mod. I noticed some weapons not being heard. I moved the "real names" file .pbo and all weapons can be heard.

Oh, this is bad. I'd like to use the real names. :(

I loved SOS... Such an accurate mod... I also used to play the JSRS mod, eventually chose yours though...

I tried this one... Love a lot about it... But, some of the rifle sounds are a bit quiet and limp compared to the real world weapons I've played with...

Also I have absolutely no audio from my dismounts (squad mates)... *SAD HANDS*...

Cheers for all the stellar work mate... Your mods completely change the dynamics of this game...

Another problem I encountered is with the serverkey. When stored in the keys folder and with verifySignaturs==2 the dedicated server is not working properly.

Great work buddy! You really nailed most of the sounds.

Sorry if i duplicate error report but this is what i found in my quick test:

- no last round sound for some rifles

- gun fire sound is indeed too low, some sound like paintball guns

Ambient life sound very nice and rich, however they don't fit in certain circumstances, e.g. when is storming, heavy rain.

keep up the good work man! :619:

Congrats on the release! I've been enjoying SoS for a while, and glad to see a definitive version.

Now on with the (possible) bugs.

Anyone else not getting radio audio?

Yes, same problem here, no radio.

Agree with all points, especially the buzzy flies around freshly dead bodies, I'd get rid of that.

Plus, the original BI ambient sounds are much more authentic for a southern Mediterranean setting, e.g. the chirruping of the cicali and other insects (I know because I live in a similar environment).

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:34 ----------

as i tested it i deleted the speedofsound_pure_radios.pbo and the radio is back

I'll try that thanks :-)

Also digging it a lot. Like said, some guns a little soft but overall soundscape is very cool. Agree bugs/birds should stop during gunfights and bad weather. Might be strange having them on certain maps but not the biggest deal

Overall it's damned nice

I can't see chat text when I have SOS pure turned on...Also, the BIKEY works fine on our server (read someone had issues with it).

BELAY MY LAST, WORKS FINE.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Is ist just me or does someone else hear randomly fired shots by an A 10 even if there is no A 10 in the mission?

Is ist just me or does someone else hear randomly fired shots by an A 10 even if there is no A 10 in the mission?

Had the same experience ^^

Whilst taking a frisk out in a chopter I noticed the high pitch interior sound effect of the Comanche is far too sensitive around the upper mid frequency and becomes fatiguing on the ear. It got to the point of turning the volume so low to accommodate this sound effect that it ruined the immersion of the game. Your still not getting this mod back though BP as I love it too much ;)

Thanks

Hey guys thanks for all the positive feedback and especially .kju for handing that to me on a plate, will go through that at the weekend.

I've provided the optional folder to place pbo's in so you can save them if your gameplay/style suits it instead of deleting them if you want.

Just so you guys know ive up'd the volume a little (25%) on the actual shots, dont wanna go too far because of the too loud/too quiet senarios that will happen because of peoples different systems. I'm also going to reduce the internal engine sound for choppers as I've had multiple reports of it becoming uncomfortable over time.

Anyhow catch you all back at the weekend, aiming for hotfix sunday.

Thank you Big Pickle. I enjoy your mod, just needs a little tweaking to be perfect.

..Just so you guys know ive up'd the volume a little (25%) on the actual shots,..

many many thanks! :)

Holy shit, this sound pack has to be the most impressive audio modification I have heard for a game. I was highly anticipating A.C.S.E but SOSP has won me over, sir you are a master at audio creating. Do you have any plans for other modded weaponry like CUP or RH's packs? Unfortunately nearly all of the sessions my group play are using modded weaponry, and considering CUP is helping make other units it means they still have the default original A2 JSRS (which is not all that bad!) but your sounds would be wonderful!

You should be doing this full time, weapon sounds are amazing, well done, so refreshing! Big Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice indeed! Loving the Blackfoot sound especially!

I did notice that footsteps are almost silent. I also found that a ghosthawk firing its cannons made a strange humming noise that didn't die down for a while after firing.

EDIT: it seem like all autocannons on helis are doing it. It is like the reverb is applied to everyshot and it amplifies.

Edited by Kremator

Made a first-time testing video for the mod. So amazing. Loving the little things like the Greek radio chatter and music in vehicles. Makes the game so much more immersive. You're amazing.

One thing is that there's no footstep sounds and it's extremely loud when getting into vehicles.

---------- Post added at 02:11 ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 ----------

I can't hear units talking over the radio, is that because of this mod or is something installed incorrectly?

---------- Post added at 03:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 ----------

Another issue - this mod makes the DLC helicopters inaccessible. That sucks :(