hcpookie

pook_SAM Pack v1.0

cool, looking forward to getting this working

Make no mistake, it works. It is only the editor names not cooperating. I am thinking that one of the rangemaster PBO's have defined "pook_SAM_class" since the name changes every time I load it w/ rangemaster. When it is "broken", the name appears as "Air Defense". I have updated the class names so that the corrected name is "Air Defense - AAA".

I have to commend you gentlemen for continuing the Arma 2 legacy. I, myself, have not made the jump to A3. I still enjoy the A2 environment, and simply, have refused to give in to Steam. Keep battling my friends, for your work is not going unwanted!

I have managed to extend the range of the ZSU site, so the ZSU-23-4 batteries should now have very few "premature" airbursts. Meaning they can now correctly engage targets much farther away than before. You're welcome :D

Large-caliber AAA is working! :D This is some pretty nasty stuff, ranging out to 4,000m w/o radar assistance. It can reach out to 10km w/ radar assistance. I have only scripted w/o radar assistance... so far.

KSaaa.jpg?psid=1

New high-caliber models include:

- KS19 100mm AAA gun

KS19.jpg?psid=1

- and his little brother, KS12, the 85mm AAA gun. Notable difference is the KS19 has a blast shield.

KS12.jpg?psid=1

Fully crafted muzzle brake, and you can actually look down the barrel of the 3D model :)

KS AAA sites will consist of "typical" star arrangement of 6x batteries, of random configuration. Since it is random, you are guaranteed to have a mix of 100- and 85mm ammo coming your way :D Their ammo has proximity fuzes that make for some interesting fireworks when you're on the receiving end. You can expect calibers of this size to do considerable damage to your aircraft. Don't under-estimate the devastation these larger calibers can reap on your aircraft! And no they don't have tracers, so you'll only know they are shooting at you if you see the muzzle blast. I'm working on making them (correctly) not set off the RWR alert. Since they need to lock up the aircraft it is kind of tricky. I'm working on getting that done right and then I think the AAA will be ready for prime time! :D

Edited by hcpookie

Sometimes it needs up to 8-10 SAM bursts to shoot down the plane. After first missile hits an F-15-type plane is still flying with weak firetail and it is capable for battle. The hull indicator is green.

So even 1 plane can pass sam site air defensed zone unpunished.

Good for you! Its funny... others have messaged me that the SAM sites are too powerful and cannot be defeated. So I will need a bit more detail that "it doesn't work" so we can make a better assessment.

Really. There're a lot of opinions. Can we use unit's skill gradation for ajusting SAM power noticeably? So everybody can use individual sam power in missions. Just as in real life, sam effectivety greatly depends on personnel skill.

And about power. In theory sam sites like SA-10, PAC-3 are hardcore objects and can be neutralized only with the help of radioelectronic warfare - jammers, decoys. I think it is possible to make an jammer aircraft. 1st way - jammer spreads in 1.5 - 3 km radius lots of optically invisible targets, but visible on radars, that will cause an extra consumtions of sam missiles. 2nd way - blinding the sam radar by making all aircraft stealthly in 1.5 - 3 km radius of the jammer. Blining script should work discretely, and the jammer itself should be always visible on radars.

wow magic! a magic carpet to ride around bagdhad with

There's no need for further adjustments. SAM effectiveness is based on testing and MP use, and are a good balance. In RL one shot does NOT equal one kill with a SAM. The proximity damage is effective.

We're updated to 2.5 now! The updates to the rangemaster files Egg did should resolve the editor classname snafu. 2.5 updates include:

updated pook_SAM_guide_v1.2.pdf!

v2.5: 7/14/2015

- FIX: Premature detonation of airburst ammunition at AAA sites.

- IMPROVED: AAA now ranges to target height; airburst no longer fixed at 250m altitude. Currently implemented for ZSU,

KS12/19 sites. Implementation for S-60, ZU sites pending.

- NEW: “KILLED†cleanup script for all spawned sites. No more residual ramparts, nets, etc.

- NEW: KS-12 85mm AAA battery

- NEW: KS-19 100mm AAA battery

- NEW: KS-19 / KS-12 AAA Site

and the fixes from the "beta test" 2.4 version:

v2.4: 7/14/2015

- FIX: PU-12 Rampart height.

- FIX: SA-10 Rampart height.

- FIX: Editor Class errors.

- FIX: PRV-11 headlight removed.

- FIX: PRV-11 geometry. Vehicle should no longer slide downhill.

- FIX: Removed various external texture and RVMAT dependencies.

- FIX: Reversed Buk SA11/SA17 turret ‘initTurn’ direction.

- FIX: Corrected the ZSU Commander radar view and motion range (finally!)

- IMPROVED: ZSU-23-4 3D model: Cover plate over guns now animated; random plant clutter; random bumper.

- IMPROVED: SAM and AAA Sites now disable headlights.

- IMPROVED: SAM and AAA sites now spawn faction flags.

- IMPROVED: AAA airburst height adjusts to target altitude. AAA is now much more lethal!

- IMPROVED: PU-12 / ZSU-23-4 AAA Site engagement ranges improved; overall more aggressive.

- IMPROVED: New Buk SA11/SA17 texture sampled from real world photos.

- IMPROVED: Buk SA11/SA17 missile 3D model.

- NEW: Empty Radome objects now available in editor (found in Empty category).

- NEW: Orange tracer for ZSU-23-4 airburst.

- NEW: ZSU-23-4M4 (Shilka) midlife improvement version, featuring 6x Strela launcher and improved targeting.

v2.6: 7/25/2015 - SAM Guide PDF updated. Guide replaces readme.txt!!!!!! See first post for download link!

Download is split into 3 parts, in the same location.

- Part 1: "pook_SAMv2.6_A.rar"

- Part 2: "pook_SAMv2.6_B.rar"

- Part 3: "pook_SAMv2.6_C.rar"

v2.6: 7/25/2015

- FIX: “KILLED†cleanup script was not removing gunner units for USMC, US factions.

- FIX: Site radars’ “KILLED†scripts not resetting to allow additional site spawns.

- FIX: PENDING: Some ARM missiles’ flight models are being researched for more realistic performance.

- IMPROVED: ARM missile script detection will now automatically fire the currently selected weapon is an AR missile. This change was implemented to avoid loss of target at longer distances due to game engine view distance limitations.

- IMPROVED: ARM missile scripts will create a target marker at the SAM/AAA site.

- IMPROVED: SON-50 / S60 AAA site employs new height tracking; experimental

- NEW: ALARM loiter mode. Uses the “ARM-Indirect Fire Mode†action to fire loiter mode.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Upload complete... :D

Edited by hcpookie

Coming in next version... among other things... :)

SA-20 site. Will consist of static launchers. Note the enhanced antenna mast of the 30N6E2 radar assembly. Also note the improved textures that are more subdued.

SA20launcher.jpg?psid=1

30N6E2.jpg?psid=1

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265%2117543&cid=5B54FC51A7917265&group=0

WEST will have the MEADS system as a "counter" to the SA-20. That's the converted RB-70 ACR vehicle. And yes those are German soldiers in the MEADS :) Germany has announced the adoption of MEADS for their next-gen ADS system. In-game ACR also has MEADS, as well as CDF... meaning of course GUE and INS have them as well ;)

meads_1.jpg?psid=1

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=5B54FC51A7917265%2117624&cid=5B54FC51A7917265&group=0&parId=5B54FC51A7917265%2117547&o=OneUp

Edited by hcpookie

Re-posting this due to the (UGLY) forum upgrade.  Wish I could change the colors :(

Although Foxhound has already posted the 2.7 update, I have made a patch fix for a minor issue with the ZSU-23-4 classes.  I've patched the pook_ZSU and pook_SAM pbo's.  The patch is in the same download location as the 2.7 files, and will OVERWRITE the two original 2.7 pook_ZSU and pook_SAM pbo files.  As I don't plan on making any major released any time soon, I didn't want to delay the patch so there you go.

Enjoy!  :)

V2.7a:  8/1/2015

• IMPROVED:  Reorganized ZSU-23-4 classes and removed duplicates to work better with spawn site script.

v2.7: 7/30/2015

• FIX:  Removed proximity fuse “burning†effect on aircraft.
  • FIX:  Pantsir S1 commander light couldn’t be damaged.
  • FIX:  9K331 lights couldn’t be damaged.
  • FIX:  Occasional pop-up errors in ZSU config.
  • FIX:  Missing sounds in CRAM, NASAMS config.
  • IMPROVED:  SA-10 vehicle textures.
  • IMPROVED:  BUK family internal views.
  • NEW:  ZSU crew can be shot (added FireGEO LOD components missing in original model).
  • NEW:  ZSU driver hatch turn-out/turn-in.
  • NEW:  MEADS mobile launch system.
  • NEW:  S-300 PMU2 “Favorit†(NATO: SA-20) SAM system including:
    • SA-20 Site spawner units.
    • 5P85TE S-300 PMU2 (NATO: SA-20B) static launcher.
    • 30N6E2 Engagement Radar vehicle (NATO: “Tomb Stoneâ€).
    • 48N6E2 SA-20 missile.  Slightly enhanced performance in-game over SA-10 missile.

Hi Guys!

I've noticed that the HEMTT's engine sound effect is not working!

Thx!  :)

Will this be ported over to A3 by CUP one day?   Will be most wellcome as an asset ;) :lol:

Will this be ported over to A3 by CUP one day?   Will be most wellcome as an asset ;) :lol:

Unless hcpookie donates these, Bohemia's version of the 76N6 CLAM SHELL ("Anti-air radar" in Arma 2) is the only eligible vehicle.

Is CUP porting vehicles yet?  I've never been asked to donate anything.  CUP wasn't ready for my stuff when I joined up so I told them they were welcome to my stuff when that point was reached.  And they were only porting the original A2 content, not new content as much of my stuff happens to be.  So I was expecting my BRDM2 stuff to port over but that was about all...

Here we are - v3.0!  New feature - point-defense SAM's will now defend against incoming missiles!  Yep, your A-G attacks may be repelled by point defense SAM's such as SA-15, SA-22, MEADS, C-RAM, Patriot.  "May be" as in might... incoming missiles must be targeted, and this takes several critical seconds.  They protect best against slow-moving ordnance such as LGB's, unguided bombs, etc.  The faster-moving ordnance may be too much for the systems, as well as salvo-fire attacks, or group attacks.  Your wingman just became more important!  The point-defense systems will target incoming ordnance out to 7.5km, but due to the time to target and engage, they usually engage within 1km or less.  They will protect other vehicles within a 1.5km radius, and this can be added to any vehicles... see The Guide for details...

See first post for D/L info... here is the complete v3.0 changelog - emphasis on the most important features!

v3.0:  9/13/2015

• FIX:  Missing C-RAM, NASAMS spare tire and fuel can actions.
  • IMPROVED:  Reverted ARM Detect script to original function (no more auto-fire), and moved the detect-then-auto fire feature to a NEW script.  Original 2-action sequence is once again the default.
  • IMPROVED:  NASAMS and CRAM targeting capabilities improved.
  • IMPROVED:  ZSU-23-4 and ZSU site burst fire rates reduced to more realistic levels.
  • IMPROVED:  SAM batteries now equipped with 2x magazines to provide better in-game behavior.  Average 10 minute magazine reload time.  This may be altered in the future if reload vehicle behaviors can be improved, since the AI drive the reload vehicles like retarded monkeys and currently can’t properly navigate terrain to reach the batteries.
  • IMPROVED:  MAZ 7910 CIV factions updated with unique textures and cargo.  This will eliminate confusion vs. military models.
  • NEW:  CRAM airburst now ranges to target height; airburst no longer fixed at 250m altitude.
  • NEW:  Counter-missile battery feature for “point-defense†capable SAM’s:  9K33x SA-15, 96K6 SA-22, MIM-104 Patriot, MEADS, and C-RAM ADS.  Engagement against SCUD’s and other SSBM’s is being researched.

Coming soon... minor update and a new feature!

• FIX:  C-RAM shadow bug.
  • NEW:  RWR Incoming Missile alerts for some planes.  This feature is WIP and only applies to some planes at present.  Scripting instructions added for addon/mission makers to add this new alert feature to any plane in-game (including BIS planes).