hcpookie

pook_SAM Pack v1.0

Thanks for those mirrors! :)

There's nothing to integrate into Rangemaster, only those few dependencies on the rangemaster files.

@ Hcpookie

Bugs and suggestions (only Soviet/Russian SAMs and Chernarus factions up to now)

"Pantsir S1" (SA-22):

- RF scheme error: "cannot load texture pok_sam\logo\emblem_rus.paa.");

- no interior/internal view for gunner/commander;

- no turret hatch animation for commander/gunner;

- no light for the commander's projector (on turret);

- always shining driver's instrument panel (even when engine is off);

- wrong editor icon (standard Kamaz);

- 2nd emblem (on cabin) dissapears at the distance of 50m (I think it is not needed at all).

"Tor" (SA-15):

- you can go through the vehicle;

- headlights not fully seen;

- rear lights not fully seen;

- headlight beam incorrect (goes from somewhere under the vehicle)

"Buk" (SA-11/SA-17):

- no damage model;

- no engine exhaust visible.

Common:

- CHDKZ scheme incorrect (RF used);

- emblem on SA-11/15/17 at the far back of the vehicle;

- emblem is not burnt with main model;

- CDF/CHDKZ crew mistake - infantry soldier used instead of a crew member;

- RF Red Star is not painted in reality on operational vehicles;

- no night lighting in vehicles;

- SA-11/15/17 - interior needs a bit finishing (more equipment, textures etc.);

- SA-11/15/17 - driver's instruments (speedometer etc.) go crazy when driving:) ;

- SA-11/15/17 - gunner has no sight or equipment to work with, just sits.

Thanks in advance.

p.s. ah, and btw, used "Pantsir S1" model is outdated, unfortunately:( Operational "Pantsir S1" (from 2008) looks a bit different.

Thanks for that feedback! I knew about some of these already. Hopefully can get an update out in the upcoming weeks just in time for the new year ;)

Thanks for that feedback! I knew about some of these already. Hopefully can get an update out in the upcoming weeks just in time for the new year ;)

Thanks for your quick reaction:) I can do some things myself (mainly I know how to edit .cfg and .paa files), but I can do nothing with p3d etc. Thank you very much in advance!

p.s. Just a small comment. RF Red Star is really not painted on todays field vehicles (all photos and videos confirm it), parade vehicles are totally different subject. Also there is a new mainstream in RF army - from 2013 all vehicles are painted totally dark green, without camouflage (Ministry of Defence decision due to inability of painting totally same camouflage on all vehicles in different units, so they decided just to paint all them green, cause it is easier). Night internal red lighting would be a great addition! I remember it was implemented in SA-9 'Gaskin' addon by you/Franze.

p.p.s. I compared all medium-long range SAMs which I have (SA-8 (vil), SA-9, SA-11, SA-15, SA-17, SA-19 (bis), SA-22) and I found out that SA-9 'Gaskin' has the largest range of all)) I reckon this should also be worked with, but at the moment I have not understood a shit in the config)

Edited by Fulcrum_86

speaking of radar, i have sfp mod and there is that giraffe radar that can be activated(not just decorative) that show every radar targets up to 5 km. you should try to ask them permission to use that script and implement it in a few of your addons. hope that will satisfy some people here.

Update! Made some updates, and added the MIM-104 Patriot system and support vehicles. See first post :)

oe patriot system! cant wait to try it! thanks a million buddy. hope to see a non static one some day and or a version with a DAF truck in front of it :D

Link in the first post does not work, can you check it?

Don't know what happened, but the link died. Try it now :)

Yeap, works now. Thanks! :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

When looking down the sights, the camera constantly wants to move up or down. It won't stay put to where I'm aiming (Patriot systems)

Edited by islesfan186

Happy NY 2015 people!:)

@ Hcpookie

Many thanks for your outstanding job! I see that you're quite serious about making large and complex SAM systems so I want you to consider making newest S-350 "Vityaz'" ("Knight" in engl.) medium range SAM system INSTEAD of making SA-10/SA-20 (S-300/S-400). S-350 (has no NATO codename yet, will enter RF Air Def. service in 2015) will much better fit ARMA 2 environment, its real range is about 80-90 km so it's something between "Buk" and S-300/S-400. Look here https://www.google.ru/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&safe=off&q=s-350+vityaz

P.S. Anyway only if you have enough info and consider it feasible. Otherwise better concentrate on SA-10/20.

Will report bugs tomorrow.

Edited by Fulcrum_86

@ Hcpookie

V1.2 report

96K6 "Pantsir-S1"

- commander's projector always shines (even when all other lights and engine are off and there's no crew);

- if you rebuild the model according to modern operational variant of Pantsir - I won't be against it;) (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Moscow_Victory_Parade_2010_-_Training_on_May_4_-_img17.jpg?uselang=ru)

Otherwise "Pantsir" is already fantastic)

9K331 "Tor-M1"

- destroyed model is a dozen centimeters above the ground and also some strange geometric figures can be seen under the destroyed model;

- suggest moving faction's emblem to the center of the vehicle;

- no internal red lighting;

- no optics/equipment for gunner to work with.

Last two things were well done, for example, in Franze/Hcpookie's Sa-9 'Gaskin' for Arma 2.

9K37/9K317 "Buk-M1"

- Both model and destroyed model are a dozen centimeters above the ground;

- You can walk through the destroyed model;

- No engine exhaust;

- as "Tor-M1" - no internal red lighting;

- as "Tor-M1" - no optics/equipment for gunner to work with;

- as "Tor-M1" - suggest moving faction's emblem to the center of the vehicle.

9K37M2/9K317M2 "Buk-M2" (wheeled)

- destroyed model (9K37M2/9K317M2) - missiles fall into the destroyed model;

- 9K37M2 - RPG flies through the vehicle, not damaging it.

MIM-104 "Patriot"

- camera constantly moving up, as islesfan186 noted (post N36).

Common

- No CHDKZ texture for any vehicle (RF used instead).

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look at those few items that are game-breakers. The CHDKZ texture is correct. You have to understand those minor tweaks won't be fixed or improved upon.

v1.3 update!

Fixed many issues with CRAM and NASAMS damage textures, also previously reported fire geo lod issues on SA11. See first post for download info!

NEW - MIM-104 Patriot launchers now automatically spawn a radar vehicle nearby. No more need to manually place *every* vehicle in the site.

NEW - first version of SA3 launchers. Mobile launcher is a "mid life upgrade" that allows for "shoot and scoot" tactics with the platform. Based on information here:

http://ausairpower.net/APA-Legacy-SAM-Upgrades.html

sa3_sm.jpg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the feedback, I'll look at those few items that are game-breakers. The CHDKZ texture is correct. You have to understand those minor tweaks won't be fixed or improved upon.

Ok, just do what you can! Thanks!

adding into rangemaster for the v2.1 update, along with pooks HEMMT and Scud trucks

Those are loading vehicles. They do not have any launch capabilities. Just a winch to unload ordinance to launch platforms.

Ooooooh. My bad, didn't know that

New v1.4!

- FIX: Missing CDF Independent units.

- FIX: Wrong texture on desert OE349 antenna units.

- FIX: MIM-104 erratic movement on sloped surfaces.

- FIX: SA3 static and MIM104 popup errors discovered in MP testing.

- NEW: MIM104 sites now spawn a radar and antenna nearby

See first post for DL link!