Sign in to follow this  
terox

Zeu_MarkerLogging (Server Admins Catch those pesky marker spammers)

Zeu_MarkerLogging

INSTALLATION

This addon should only be installed on the server. The clients do not need it nor should they have it

If for any reason a client installs it and the server doesn't have verifysignatures enabled, it will have no effect

It works on both dedicated and Non dedicated servers

There are no Bikeys or bisigns for this addon, they are not required as this is a serverside addon only

Simply place the Zeu_MarkerLogging.pbo into either your server's root Addons folder or inside the addons folder of any mod folder you run

REQUIREMENTS

None

WHY DO YOU NEED IT

Fed up with idiots spamming the map with unwanted markers or deleting wanted markers

Now you can catch them at it.

WHAT DOES IT DO

This addon reports information about any player who places or deletes a marker

AT ANY TIME

The server logs information to the RPT file

Example output:

17:15:12 "<< MARKER LOG >> Terox PLACED a Black Dot at Grid 056006 at @ Time 0h:0m:18s"

17:15:15 "<< MARKER LOG >> Terox DELETED a Black Dot at Grid 046018 at @ Time 0h:0m:22s"

AT BRIEFING STAGE

All the other players (with the exception of the Player manipulating markers) will receive a systemchat message detailing the event

The information that is given is similar to the .RPT log, with the exception that if a player is on a different side to the Marker operator, no Grid reference will be given

This is to prevent any unwanted intelligence benifits on PvP missions

AFTER MISSION START

The players will not receive any systemchat messages, but the server will continiue to log to it's .rpt file

LIMITATIONS

This does not report on any markers created with fhq_mapdraw or any other such addon that creates markers via scripts

CREDITS

All Credit for this addon is due to
KillZone Kid
who created the initial functional code

All I did was edit it slightly to work as an addon and report the information differently

DOWNLOAD

v1.0 Dated 7/12/2014

Edited by Terox

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

This is great! Thanks for the work. Much better than mission-side solution.

Inquiry: Any plans on adding AGM line draw logging? That would be a beautiful.

If not, completely understandable as I can't image it'd be simple due to how they seem to work.

This is great! Thanks for the work. Much better than mission-side solution.

Inquiry: Any plans on adding AGM line draw logging? That would be a beautiful.

If not, completely understandable as I can't image it'd be simple due to how they seem to work.

I havent looked at the AGM marker creation system at all, I would imagine it uses the same type of methodology as the FHQ_Mapdraw system, so if I can get that implemented, then most likely AGM too.

I am currently working on a much bigger and way more functional Admin Addon tool at the moment, this was just a quick fix addon to solve some problems we have been having with publics.

That addon will have this functionality incorporated, now that i've got this working

I havent looked at the AGM marker creation system at all, I would imagine it uses the same type of methodology as the FHQ_Mapdraw system, so if I can get that implemented, then most likely AGM too.

I am currently working on a much bigger and way more functional Admin Addon tool at the moment, this was just a quick fix addon to solve some problems we have been having with publics.

That addon will have this functionality incorporated, now that i've got this working

Glad to hear and thank you for getting this out when you did. I had KK's in some missions but I highly prefer a server-side solution. Definitely looking forward to your admin tool.

New mod 1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@Terox;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and soon also publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Glad to hear and thank you for getting this out when you did. I had KK's in some missions but I highly prefer a server-side solution. Definitely looking forward to your admin tool.

+1 thanks for release!

Not sure if this is still working.  Loaded on a dedicated server using @serverMod=@zeu. .rpt shows mod as loaded but there are no log entries created when markers are placed.

Worked for me last weekend. Although I checked for systemChat msgs, not for rpt entries.

thnx for this nice modification... we caught many idiots already who spam the map with their nonsense... ^^

Not sure if this is still working.  Loaded on a dedicated server using @serverMod=@zeu. .rpt shows mod as loaded but there are no log entries created when markers are placed.

Still working for us afaik, there are no Linux o/s issues with it either

It turns out there was a spelling mistake.  The mod functions perfectly.

Hi,

With V1.60 they added an ability to draw lines in map interfaces.

But the addon do not track creator of this kind of marker. It logs only when it is delete. (just checked)

There is a way to solve it ?

Txs by advance.