laxemann

L_armFatigue - Because keeping your weapon raised is a bad idea!

Think I've caught a nice beat here (just by holding the mouse):

Also AGM compatibility seems fine, didn't test it too much, just with this Zafir and the .50 cal, but don't think the fatigue increases when the weapon is rested.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Think I've caught a nice beat here (just by holding the mouse):

Also AGM compatibility seems fine, didn't test it too much, just with this Zafir and the .50 cal, but don't think the fatigue increases when the weapon is rested.

Glad to hear!

And there already is a hotfix, I just updated both links.

Changelog

0.76 - The mod doesn't overwrite other mod's recoil coefficients when the weapon is rested

0.75 - initial release

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

@Foxhound, thanks :)

I'm one of these terrible realism enthusiasts...

You're not alone. Your mods are awesome. Keep it up.

This is awesome, love the idea....however i think this will probably only be worth it in PvP unless an AI system is implemented for this. Any ideas if this can happen or will happen? Otherwise i can see the AI's aiming going to shit. Maybe then its worth enabling "SuperAI" :)

Okey, so I checked out VTS weaponresting and it _seems_ as if there's no real way to check if the player is resting his weapon.

This is caused by the fact that no global variable is assigned to a unit or at least set for the player.

If anyone knows more, don't hesistate to tell me! :)

Otherwise: Sorry, guys! :/

I just took a quick look at the code, and I think that you can check if a weapon is rested.

You would need to check if vts_weapon_resting is equal to nil; if I'm not mistaken, L'étranger aborts the function whenever the weapon is already rested with :

if !(isnil "vts_weapon_resting") exitwith {};

Hope it helps! :)

Dude,

To be honest, you should rename you mods, this one, the twitch one, camShake and all that, put them all together and call it "missing Arma immersion effects for being the ultimate military simulation"! :) keep it on good sir!!!

LJ

I just took a quick look at the code, and I think that you can check if a weapon is rested.

You would need to check if vts_weapon_resting is equal to nil; if I'm not mistaken, L'étranger aborts the function whenever the weapon is already rested with :

if !(isnil "vts_weapon_resting") exitwith {};

Hope it helps! :)

Thanks dude, but the variable unfortunately only defines if VTS is on in general and therefore is always true.

The actual WR check is private. (_vtsweaprest=true)

Crouch does nothing since you still have to raise your weapon, going prone restores your armFatigue since you can rest your arms.

If you're kneeling, theoretically, your elbow should be resting on your knee alleviating some of the fatigue. Maybe a slowed cooldown timer or something for crouched and stationary?

What gets tired is usually the calf/foot you're sitting on.

If you're kneeling, theoretically, your elbow should be resting on your knee alleviating some of the fatigue. Maybe a slowed cooldown timer or something for crouched and stationary?

What gets tired is usually the calf/foot you're sitting on.

Will implement something like that, though it will most likely not affect the rate with your weapon raised, but how fast you recover when lowering your weapon instead. :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

New mod 0.7.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

@LAxemann;

You are now able to manage your own promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and follow the quick and safe claim procedure to get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Pretty cool concept although personally I don't think I could play with it.

Dropping my two cents here to say that, as far as game design goes, you should never put the player in a situation where they can't shoot at all because they're too tired. I don't know if it already works like this, but I'd recommend that being at max would just have to be able to keep your weapon up as long as you're firing, but once you stop you end up lowering it again.

I've to say don't force the gun down (because there's no hip firins in Arma) and no matter how tired your arms are you should be able to at least spray and pray ;) This is my feedback so far and now it's time to download and test this :D Sounds very good idea.

I've no idea how I've missed this addon so far.

OK now that I've tested the auto gun down has bug with sprinting. When my arms are tired and I try to run my gun rises randomly and goes down and that makes me to stop. Easy to repro:

1. Tire your arms

2. Start to sprint

3. The gun rises and loweres by itself every second or so that makes any sprinting impossible.

This happens likely because in sprinting the gun isn't really lowered but rised so it tires arms.

Tested in dev branch but likely the same in stable?

Edited by St. Jimmy

OK now that I've tested the auto gun down has bug with sprinting. When my arms are tired and I try to run my gun rises randomly and goes down and that makes me to stop. Easy to repro:

1. Tire your arms

2. Start to sprint

3. The gun rises and loweres by itself every second or so that makes any sprinting impossible.

This happens likely because in sprinting the gun isn't really lowered but rised so it tires arms.

Tested in dev branch but likely the same in stable?

Awesome!

Thanks dude, it's fixed in this very...

NEW VERSION 0.77

Download

Changelog:

0.77 - The rate that your arms recover now depends on your stance - being prone decreases your fatigue the most.

Sprinting now works when your arms are exhausted (raise/lower loop)

Edit:

Whoops, accidentally left the debug stuff on.

If you get the debugging windows, just download it again from the same link. :)

Edited by LAxemann

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Lax, Just so you know, I added two things to my server today.. well more then two actual things but in general: 1) added @hotze_saru_beta 2) L_armFatigue.biKey.

1. being a map and 2. the ability to use your mod on our server.

after doing this, I could join the server but would get stuck at the loading screen (loading into the actual server). I never ever got to the lobby to create or select a mission.

so in testing I removed the keys and the launch params for the island. added one at a time.

Your key is keeping me from getting in to the server. I dont know how, but it is glitched. I added the map back and the maps keys and left yours key out. i can join my server now. when i add your key L_armFatigue.bikey. I cannot join the server. Just a heads up probably need to re make the key. I allow all of your other mods and those keys are fine.

Edited by Lordprimate

Lax, Just so you know, I added two things to my server today.. well more then two actual things but in general: 1) added @hotze_saru_beta 2) L_armFatigue.biKey.

1. being a map and 2. the ability to use your mod on our server.

after doing this, I could join the server but would get stuck at the loading screen (loading into the actual server). I never ever got to the lobby to create or select a mission.

so in testing I removed the keys and the launch params for the island. added one at a time.

Your key is keeping me from getting in to the server. I dont know how, but it is glitched. I added the map back and the maps keys and left yours key out. i can join my server now. when i add your key L_armFatigue.bikey. I cannot join the server. Just a heads up probably need to re make the key. I allow all of your other mods and those keys are fine.

Heya dude,

that's weird!

I just created a completely new privatekey.

You can find the freshly signed version with the new key below the same link. :) (Not Armaholic (atm)).

Or by simply clicking here

Let me know if the problem persists even after using the new stuff! :)

Oh man, seeing the weapon tremble after holding it up for a few minutes is great. This will be awesome! Does it interact with mounting in addons like AGM?

It'd also be nice to see full fatigue impact sway less, and make it more about arm fatigue. While running around DOES impact weapon control, I think this would be a better way to handle weapon sway interacting with fatigue. And anything that makes the difference between weapons more pronounced is a big plus for me.

Fantastic idea. Any extra realism is good by me! Thanks for yet another awesome addon.

Hey lax. yea i had that version. but i went ahead and redownloaded from that link. and same issue. This time i actually loaded the mod to the server because i read the readme and it says there is a module that has to be placed on the map in the editor.. so that means the mod actually has to be running on the server.. i didnt do that last time...

so after installing the mod on the server and adding the keys again it was still a no go.. i "join" the server, however, get stuck at the loading screen.. and never get to the lobby to select a mission or avatar.

so i sign'd with my key and it works fine. wierd.. but yea i can join my server and use this mod now Thanks for it!!