Sign in to follow this  
malcom86

FPS decreased (more)

Is it just me or, after the last update, Arma 3 had an overall decreased performance ?

I can't tell a specific example, because it's an overall thing: FPS drops more when I set my view distance to 9000 (as I always did without any problem. Now the game sometimes even freezes for some seconds meanwhile I do, but I have no crash hopefully). I talking about an FPS decrease from 35 to 25. I know has been said many times Arma 3 need some optimization, but...

Just wondering what can be happened. I also checked my cache integrity on Steam, and everything looks fine. Do I really have to uninstall and install Arma 3 again, can such a thing depends from that ??

Everything work, it just had a performance loss...I was wondering if it was just me. If so, maybe the solution would be uninstalling and reinstalling it...:butbut:

Edited by Malcom86

No its not just you - im also to average of 25fps. Dont waste energy reinstalling cuz it just

wont do any good. Dont even bother upgrading your hardware cuz it wont help shiat.

Just stop playing mp coop with many ai/scripting cuz the game just cant handle it. Sad but true.

Its hard to believe that 10fps has gone since 1.32 and 2 patches later only made it worse.

When that is said i think you are overdoing it with a viewdistance of 9000m. After 30mins of play.

im on 25fps with a viewdist of 2500m and object viewdist of 1500m, and i dont believe my specs are that bad.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

If only the game breaking fixes were made during the updates rather than the minor colour changes on whatever because blah had a problem with them, fixes for the analy retentive realist crowd seems to win rather than in game VoIP, mp fps, etc. This game used to be a staple of my gaming diet now I just nibble to see what the state of it is then move on playing less and less as the weeks and months pass.

This is strange as both our internal testing and general consensus of gaming community (e.g. on Reddit) shows rather an increase of FPS in 1.36. Could You, please, compare it with legacy branch to see if there is any difference?

I have not noticed any more instability or FPS drag.

There is slight vehicle de-sync that remains, from perhaps the 1.32 update? I do not know, reminds me of a much-improved-but-not-gone variant of the vehicle desync from 1.18-1.24. IMO nothing to worry about at the moment until more data is gathered on 1.36.

1.36 was a step in a good direction.

1.36 was improvement for me. I get around 5 FPS more in MP not sure about SP but i dont get less FPS...

1.36 improved frames for me but just tested single player so I don't know about multiplayer. Altis benchmark 1.34 75 frames - 1.36 81 so it got better for me.

Streaming textures & Load's seem a bit better but MP still falls apart.

This is strange as both our internal testing and general consensus of gaming community (e.g. on Reddit) shows rather an increase of FPS in 1.36. Could You, please, compare it with legacy branch to see if there is any difference?

Just give me time to test on more servers and with different player counts, so I can be more detailed. Right now I can only say you I have, at first sight, an average decreased FPS of 4-5 frames compared to before (10 in the worst case). I can also say you that I play mostly on Linux servers.

What is very noticeable is that I really can't set the view distance to 9000 as I always did, or the game (sometimes) freezes and CTD.

i run a3 after a couple of months and it has lower fps as before.... lol. thx BIS it is getting worser xD

Make sure you've disabled pretty much everything in the AA settings tab. Also, if you can stomach it, turning down your sample percentage greatly helps at the expense of the game looking shittier.

After a lot of testing, looks more like a servers issue than a game issue. I can't be sure but in SP the game just run the same as before. No more no less FPS.

In MP on the servers I used to play I'm experiencing several crashes, freezes, lag and such. Too much scripts, probably. But not on every server...so it depends on what and HOW MUCH things it's running.

Conclusion would be Arma 3 still need optimization, really. Nothing new.