Sign in to follow this  
hotzenplotz

Sarugao A3

The "Hotzenplotz version" of Sarugao is a stunning peace of art! Great Work, Hotze! Many thanks for your efforts!

Best OFP Island in ArmA3 so far !!!

Genius at work !

:yay:

Congrats on releasing Sarugao. Thanks for all your hard work!

I get a hang when playing Sarugao A3 and visiting the docks at the most eastern part of the island (107043). This is likely related to something being corrupted in AIA TP.

Thanks for the release. My only problem with the island is that terrain grid is clearly very large due to its history. Overall I would like for even more and different kind of objects scaterred around the island. Right now it feels too monotone.

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34107558923250037/AD667E15A477291B1E4767004E0F27C235AFFB94/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/34107558923248500/94A8E2B9E4190368E5C22223A26BDDD766D67A90/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34107558922691191/8AE4FFA6C0BBE5DA909B9FE3E0769564FABA4381/

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/34107558922695174/EF95A6A067A01B0FB5561D413B4A4964DDEB0357/

I understand that some fields should be left unclutterred, but I think this map would benefit from more randomness. Also the hillsides that you have walled with rock formations looks awesome, more of them please!

But like I said, thanks!

Edited by Bumgie

Many thanks for the feedback and interest in the island. In the future, some fields will be built here and there, but I can not overdo it. so must be playable with the AI and and to the extent legg free:)

Problem with AiA TB : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182072-All-in-Arma-Terrain-Pack-%28AiA-TP%29-A1-A2-OA-terrains-from-BI-in-A3/page102

Thanks kecharles28, for edit to play with six.

Best Regards

Hi Hotze,

the new version of the island is really amazing. Thank you so much !! :)

I hope we can do again some fire fights against some "Dackel" units ;-) We had so much fun last year.

What is your next project my friend?

Greetings

Silola

It would be great if it were possible to send Squadmates into buildings. This was not possible as i tested it yesterday :(

It would be great if it were possible to send Squadmates into buildings. This was not possible as i tested it yesterday :(

I cannot give information about this, I hope that there is someone who knows a solution.

@Hotze - thanks - great Island

I was travelling along the roads and I realized that the roads between the villages are quite empty. Perhaps some points of interest or parts of the islands infrastructure could be introduced.

Ideas I had.

A holiday resort with a large hotel and parkingplaces and a small harbor.

A Lumberyard with large stacks of wood and warehouses and transformers.

Powergrid covering the island including windmills, transformers, powerlines and backup diesel generator stations with large fuel tanks.

A water treatment plant.

A quarry or a Mine.

Island capitol with government buildings and such. Perhaps some markets.

Farmsteads with barns, warehouses and fields.

Expanded military infrastructure such as a better secured airfield, Military seaport or submarinepen, radarstation.

Main higway connecting something interesting to the seaport?

I know that some of those are already on the island but still they would be usefull since many missions focus on these points of interest and are really helpfull for creating interesting scenarios.

Thanks for reading and I hope that some ideas fit your vision of the island.

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Many Thanks Foxhound :)

@Bumgie, good idea. 'll think about it. Thanks.

@Hi Silola, thank you for the flowers. my friend, we will certainly not lose from the eyes. :bounce3:

Bye for now

Edited by Hotzenplotz

Hello Hotzenplotz,

I am experiencing random crashes on your island with the latest installment of the AiA Terrain Pack. For example at the industrial area in the south of the north-western island/peninsula.

Modstring: @CBA; @AiA_TP; @Sarugao

RPT: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1146298/arma3_2015-01-05_12-24-16.rpt

All the best!

Ps.: I have a similar issue with Icebreakr's Isla Duala wherefore I will also post this in the thread of the AiA Guys. Maybe its an issue with them ;)

Pps.: Nvm. I see you already solved the issue!

i have huge performance issues on that map (while i have none on altis and any of the AIATP maps). every 10 minutes, i have to use the shift + - and then flush command or my fps drop from constant 40 to around 15 or less. Do you know what can cause this? Also another thing is the airport. When taxiing to the runway (and also on the runway) it looks like there are invisible holes everywhere. Its so bumpy, you can actually loose control of the aircraft. Can that be fixed?

Other than that, best map our team ever had.

Do you gonna update this map to CUP Terrains Pack compatibility?

When there is the first offical CUP terrain release I will harass Hotze on TS untill he does. (at least for the MSKE map).

• Like 2