Αplion

Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) - NAVY

This is WIP of my HAFM Navy part I'm planning to release.

Frigate ..

arma32014-12-0714-38-31-42_zps2a85bd99.jpg

... capable to lock and launch Sea/Ground Harpoon RGM-84 missiles plus ESSM RIM-162 Ship to Air missiles. This ship is also equiped with a working Phalanx CIWS and a 120mm front cannon.

Corvette ..

arma32014-12-0714-37-58-49_zps94cff4b2.jpg

... also capable to fire Sea/Ground Harpoon RGM-84 missiles plus a SeaRAM for Aerial threats. It is also equiped with a 40mm CTWS front cannon.

Landing Craft ..

arma32014-12-0714-39-32-63_zps0ade5be2.jpg

arma32014-12-0714-39-59-74_zpsff23312c.jpg

arma32014-12-0714-40-17-07_zps9234c663.jpg

... capable to load - carry and unload vehicles. It is equiped with a 40mm CTWS front cannon.

Patrol Boat ..

arma32014-12-0714-40-42-78_zps8cd2586b.jpg

... capable to fire Sea/Ground Harpoon RGM-84 missiles. It is also equiped with two 40mm CTWS cannons.

All ships are PhysX ready and they are using working screens (PIP) on their bridges.

arma32014-11-3017-38-57-32_zps931ae607.jpg

Remember that these ships are still under WIP. Also note that these ships are mostly fictional.

Aplion

Edited by Aplion
  • Like 3

Anchors away Aplion! More naval assets is what we need. Keep up the good work. They look great!

Good to see you alive n' kicking.

Any chance you'll be making smaller riverine boats as well (RHIBs, etc)?

Awesome, is the landing craft walkable (or any of the others?). I'm glad to see something naval come into Arma, it opens up some new scenarios.

Dan;2834245']Awesome' date=' is the landing craft walkable (or any of the others?). I'm glad to see something naval come into Arma, it opens up some new scenarios.[/quote']

In case you are asking if it is walkable during movement ... I'm afraid not (yet) ... mankyle is working on this direction as far as I know and in near future, who knows, my ships could be walkable as well.

So far the driver has an option to set the ship in "loading condition" ... at that state any vehicle can be loaded (drive) into the ship and lock its position. After that the ship driver can set the ship in normal condition and drive away with onboard vehicles attached.

There are some nice new stuff in Wiki about boats, seehttp://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185434-Boat-Ship-Builders!-New-wiki-entry&p=2834240#post2834240

Check Arma 3 ships on Youtube too.

I pretty familiar with this mate ... but still many things need to be clarified ... anyway I'm working on this.

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:51 ----------

btw guys ... please excuse my poor English ... :)

Looks very nice....all the beautiful oceans in Arma 3 and we seem to be getting to a point where we can enjoy them:)

Keep up the good work.

In case you are asking if it is walkable during movement ... I'm afraid not (yet) ... mankyle is working on this direction as far as I know and in near future, who knows, my ships could be walkable as well.

So far the driver has an option to set the ship in "loading condition" ... at that state any vehicle can be loaded (drive) into the ship and lock its position. After that the ship driver can set the ship in normal condition and drive away with onboard vehicles attached.

Would it be worth adding some seating positions for infantry so they can debark via boats that could be put aboard in the unloading mode?

Dan;2834276']Would it be worth adding some seating positions for infantry so they can debark via boats that could be put aboard in the unloading mode?

yeap ... this is into my plans to do ... I don't know (yet) how to ... but I'll find the way I'm sure :)

Edited by Aplion

My main issue so far is that even I've tried everything my VLS (Vertical Launch System) does not lock on aerial targets at all ... I spoke with mankyle who did the same successfully on his LCS2 and even he, was unable to locate any errors on my config and weapons setup ... this causes me troubles and unfortunatelly delays all my work progress a lot :(

my goodness.. cant believe I missed this WIP thread! definitely interested in that Landing Craft, cant get enough of beach assault assets! :D

@Aplion

Have you progressed any further with these ships or are you concentrating on your aircraft building at the moment?

@Aplion

Have you progressed any further with these ships or are you concentrating on your aircraft building at the moment?

I've put this project currently on hold as there was some issues especially with the landing craft .... I'll come back to this soon after my helis project completion.

@Aplion,

Good to hear. I think your ships would be great assets to have available.

@Aplion,

Good to hear. I think your ships would be great assets to have available.

+10

A decent navy including working landing craft would literally add a new dimension to A3 combat.

Drivable landing craft? Woohoo! That would be so epic! Your work is amazing!

is it me or the Landing Craft look a lot like a World war 2 Landing Ship, Tank

Drivable landing craft? Woohoo! That would be so epic! Your work is amazing!

its not a big deal to make it driveable...all it needs is that the model to be under the vertice limit in order to avoid the issues with multiple proxies parts and that the geo lod to be propely made. yes its driveable even if the geo lod is over the 60 m limit. the rest of the actions like planes and troops are done with scripts.

is it me or the Landing Craft look a lot like a World war 2 Landing Ship, Tank

Many countries used, or still use, similar designs.

By that measure, aircraft carriers resemble ww2 aircraft carriers, since both have a flight deck. ;)

Anyway looking forward to this, i am really curious to see how the game handles moving landing crafts and vehicles altogether.