Sign in to follow this  
greensha

Sectors causing crashes?

I've been playing with sectors and have hit a problem that makes me think that the sector module (or something associated with it has some bugs). I've made a mission with six sectors. While I was making the map, I encountered a problem that after capping my first sector, the mission would crash to the loading screen. The game was still running in the background as I could hear myself moving around and shooting my weapon when I pressed the appropriate keys.

I was able to fix that problem by deleting the second sector and replacing it with a copy of the first (then editing the various parameters). I had my mission working with all sectors firing appropriately but with a few small logic errors. I fixed the errors but I am now back to freezing at the loading screen. In this case, I can have the first three sectors on the map and the mission runs fine, but when I add the fourth sector, the game hangs at the loading screen and has to be restarted.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

There was a similar issue like this a month or so ago that was brought up, he had shared the mission file, and I was unable to re-create the issue. I will try and find the thread(may take a while).

After a bit of experimenting I was able to reliably reproduce the error. First I started with a blank mission in the multiplayer editor. Placed a single player and respawn module. Then I created a sector complete with side logic and area/trigger combo. I verified that this worked and it did. I think copied and pasted that sector to create another five sectors (named Sector 1 - 6 and designated A-F). I verified that these also worked. Then I sync'ed the first two sectors with the unlock game logic and trigger set to blufor. Doing this causes the game to hang at the loading screen. Removing the sync between the first and second sector returns the mission to a working status.

If you are able to reliably reproduce the issue, then I recommend either searching for or creating a new issue report on the feedback tracker.

I'll do that. I think that the problem might be caused by the previous sector information not being erased from the new sector when you place a new sector on the map (without going to another module and placing that first). I've been able to get my mission to work by individually placing the sectors after placing another module first. It's time consuming though.

Yep I've had the same issue - it seems to have something to do with copy and pasting an existing sector rather than adding a new clean one. At least that seems to initially create the problem. However deleting the old sector and putting down a clean sector module doesn't always solve the lockup problem.

I've just deleted all sectors and dropped dragged in 9 clean sectors - I synched them up to areas and triggers and unlocks and triggers that are synched to the next sector and i66t locked Arma3 on the loading screen after sector 1 was captured.

So I'm stumped. I'll do some more experimenting and report anything I discover.

After lots of testing it seems the only way to reliably stop sequential sectors crashing or freezing Arma3 is to disable simulation on all sectors and then enable them one at a time via the trigger synched to the unlock logic. The first sector can obviously be unlocked and enabled via a trigger or other means.

If there are more than 6 or 7 sequentially unlocked sectors their icons do not appear correctly on the sector list top RHS instead only 3 or 4 icons appear.

If you delete the sector control module the freeze up mentioned above is less likely to happen with sequential sector unlock.

Sectors that are all enabled at mission start i.e. non sequential seem to behave without problem.

Would be great if BIS could bring back their bug tracker. This forum reporting process doesn't really work.

I know this is old but I've experienced the same issue. After re-doing every Sector I still had issues. 
A unlocks B+C, B+C unlock D, D unlocks E+F, E unlocks H, F unlocks G, and H+G unlock final sector I. 

No matter what I did I couldn't get it to work, I restarted my work twice, uninstalled mods, ect. I decided to finally test what I was worried is the issue, and so I got rid of the seperate unlocks for sectors G+H and combined them into one so for anyone following, it now looks like:

A unlocks B+C, B+C unlock D, D unlocks E+F, E+F unlocks H+G, and H+G unlock final sector I. 

I was able to FINALLY get through a game and hit the end screen, which has taken me countless hours of puzzled head scratching. If I find a work-around for this I will update, but it seems the game can't handle seperate unlocks for sectors.