Sign in to follow this  
jaynic

New Patch has decreased sensitivity of my input devices (controller and pedals)

Hey all,

I came home to play some arma today and noticed that my xbox 360 controller, and my saitek pedals no longer turn the rudder as fast as the keyboard... I've basically been handicapped.

I have tired mucking about with the sensitivities of stuff, but nothing seems to change... I'm quite peeved...

Anyone else confirm that the keyboard will turn your rudder faster than your input devices?

---------- Post added at 20:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

This has been reported by another user - and apparently it was reported twice before that where it was marked as fixed:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21926

Please vote it up.

thank you

Found this in the changelog:

•Fixed: Multiple analog inputs on one action are averaged instead of summed. Be sure to not set input you are not using for that action as this will lower the overall input.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00037

Not sure of the reasoning behind that change but personally I don't think its a good idea.

Not sure of the reasoning behind that change but personally I don't think its a good idea.

This is what I heard some reviewers on the analog thrust system that when setting both collective raise and lower, the analog settings are doubled.

So I guess that was the reason for the change. though It seems to have been for across all analog settings.. lol..

And I am not exactly sure that will work out well...

Found this in the changelog:

•Fixed: Multiple analog inputs on one action are averaged instead of summed. Be sure to not set input you are not using for that action as this will lower the overall input.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00037

Thanks for answering - what does this mean? I know there is a rudder left analogue, and a rudder right analogue - but I'm not using them - just the normal ones... does this still apply?

What should I change? Basically bind one method of input to the control?

Hey guys,

Thanks to Ratszo's post - I tested out unbinding one of my controllers at a time. That is: I ensured I only have ONE non-keyboard/mouse device bound to my rudder.

This seems to have resolved the issue.

When I have the XBOX 360 controller - right stick bound to rudder and my saitek pedals bound to rudder - my rudder rotation is cut (I assume) in half.

When I unbound one device, and tried the other - I got my full rotation back...

So this will work for now - but I prefer to have my fall-backs available - and I see no game logical reason that would require this sort of change from BIS. If the reason was to fix an issue where using two input devices would result in double turn speed: then the solution is not to average each device... It is to enforce a maximum turn radius on game objects that need one...

Found the same testing.

For driving tho, X-axis & twisty Z-axis split 50/50 seems sweet for cornering --much less over correcting with the 50% throw.

So X + Z acts like 'hand-over-hand' turning for a tight turn radius. So it does have some use.

regards,