opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

Will these feature the segmented destruction feature that the stock buildings have? (I expect not, because I would imagine that would quadruple the workload for each building, but I am hopeful.)

I'm afraid you're quite right, but things could change in the future.

I can't say how happy I am to actually see you back it's still a shock. I dearly miss the old Avgani terrain and though I am excited that BIS's new expansion terrain might just be something actually new and exciting, I still miss a high quality Iraq/Middle east type terrain. Now thanks to you others will have the necessary assets to make them terrains on top of the very nice looking Al-Kut map you are working on I believe. A very much appreciated thank you!

Avgani was brilliant.... Whats the chances of getting your older terrains re-issued with new buildings A3 spec "stuff" etc ?

SJ

New apartment complex in the works pic

Avgani was brilliant.... Whats the chances of getting your older terrains re-issued with new buildings A3 spec "stuff" etc ?

Very likely.

wow, like that. Five story balconies. How many positions are on the balcony for AI?

Looks really good. The community is lucky to have you! :D

Awesome work! Will all the buildings be enterable and fully configured? (AI positions, navmeshes, etc.) :) That'd make a lot of people even more happier, but it's a huge workload for a single person, you've gotta admit.

And A3 modding / engine content workflow has never been among the easy.

Will all the buildings be enterable and fully configured?

i'm wondering this too. also some suggestions for possible compromises. if you, quite understandably, decide to make them not enterable at all, please make sure to add ladders to the buildings that lead to the roof. that alone can make them a lot more interesting an useful.

another simplification could be making a very simple hallway with stairs that leads to only one of the balconies or maybe just one floor that could be enterable but very simple.

in general i wouldn't waste time on making it overly detailed indoors for the simple reasons that AI can't handle it well, indoor movement is annoyingly clunky in arma and it would eat more performance. having atleast one elevated position though could be a great compromise. just my thoughts.

I've answered this several times in this thread - all buildings will be open and enterable.

sorry. i honestly didn't bother to read the whole thread. just stumbled upon this. those ladders would still be nice though to have some roof to roof sniper battles ;) i wish every building in this game had roof access.

i wish every building in this game had roof access.

99% of my buildings have some form of rooftop access, it's kinda an iraqi building hallmark. In fact, I've heard that Saddam wanted all iraqi buildings to have rooftop access with walls so that they're more defensible in war.

I have so many terrain ideas coming from this pack! Honestly anxious to start working with your building assets.

The tower reminds me a bit of the "Dynatowers" made by a contracting company Dynacorp. http://www.dynasystems.co.uk/gallery/images/Dynatower_83.jpg

We had one on our FOB with a CROWS system on the top. It had a spiral staircase like that but the top was a bit different. It had this weird ceiling suspension harness that allowed an interior gunner to rotate around to each of the windows while still in a sitting position.

All these buildings are looking sweet, and simple enough to be easy on most systems. If/when you release them to the public I might be able to make my Kandahar City map dream a reality.

The inspiration for the checkpoint tower is from these. They're scattered all over Iraq.

Great work on the Checkpoint Tower!

I Like to use this Buildings on my new Terrain, the perfect match!

99% of my buildings have some form of rooftop access, it's kinda an iraqi building hallmark. In fact, I've heard that Saddam wanted all iraqi buildings to have rooftop access with walls so that they're more defensible in war.

haha wow. great minds think al...damn nevermind lol.

and good to hear man, can't wait...pew pew pew

Amazing work Opteryx. I would gladly use the assets on few of new upcoming maps.

+1 needs some funky destruction model mechanics....