opteryx

OPX2/Middle Eastern Style Structures

Do these buildings have building positions? The reason I ask is because I use scripts to garrison houses and it relies on building positions. Some mods like JBAD buildings don't, so I don't use them.

Very  very nice - thanks

Exactly what I have needed Opteryx, Thankyou very much. You will be credited on my terrain.

Does this mean Al Kut is also cancelled? That would be a shame. I've honestly been looking forward to that more than any other mod.

Does this mean Al Kut is also cancelled? That would be a shame. I've honestly been looking forward to that more than any other mod.

I'm afraid so, but I urge you to check out Reblman's Fallujah project.

• Like 1

I m away from ArmA for about ~1 year but when i checked the Armaholic page i saw the OPX2 on title

and i said" OMG ..the pack its finally out!!"..but then i read the rest of the post.

I m really sad on how things got.. but i totally understand.

This was a friggin ambitious project requiring thousands of hours to even make those *just properly functional.

especially for 1 man army.

Although being sad about this..i thank you again for everything you 've done so far for us man.

@Opteryx

I have never packed a model before only a terrain, can you explain why I get this error?

opx2_apartmentcomplex.p3d scanning...
p3d: p:\temp\OPXBuildings2\opx2_apartmentcomplex.p3d

missing \d:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 3 tools\opxbuildings2\data\1_co.paa 

I alos get similar when loading up buldozer. Shall I just remove the model p3d from the pack?

@Opteryx

I have never packed a model before only a terrain, can you explain why I get this error?

I alos get similar when loading up buldozer. Shall I just remove the model p3d from the pack?

wrong path, mass rename it if needed ( to opxbuildings2\data\1_co.paa) or just remove it from the p3d if it is not...

sorry but modelling is not really my thing, I wouldn't know where to look rename the path. can you give me some tips please.

If you put the OPXbuildings2 and OPXmisc2 folders on the p: root there shouldn't be any problems.

I have done mate, there is a folder OPXBuildings 2 called bld_atrrib with that file in there. But I also have the same file it is looking for in the data folder in OPXBuildings 2 and it doesn't seem to be finding it.

In your post it says that the file path is "p:\temp\OPXBuildings2\opx2_apartmentcomplex.p3d"

I don't know why that is, but try renaming in in Object Builder to "OPXBuildings2\opx2_apartmentcomplex.p3d"

Open the model in OB and go to Tools > Mass Texture & Material renaming.

Ok, I've never tried anything in OB, only because it has never opened properly for me. Like I said modelling is not really my thing, I'll pass this info on to a mate of mine who uses OB and see what he turns up with. Not doubting you, I just don't wanna screw things up for myself not knowing what to do if I break something.

I'm afraid so, but I urge you to check out Reblman's Fallujah project.

Too bad, I was looking forward to Al Kut too...

But I'm following the new Fallujah project with great interest!

Sorry to hear you won't be continuing work on these buildings, they really do look great. I'd like to help pick the project back up and allow terrain makers to utilize these buildings, as quality buildings are hard to come by.

With that being said, are there any areas in particular you think work needs to be focused on? Or is it more scattered?

Thanks.

With that being said, are there any areas in particular you think work needs to be focused on? Or is it more scattered?

To complete Al Kut I would probably need somewhere around 150-200 custom buildings and hundreds more miscellaneous props. Also I am really unhappy with the way I've textured the objects, basically I was lazy and painted in the shadows on the diffuse map, I would rather see everything redone with proper ambient occlusion maps, and proper dirt decals.

@Opteryx, I fixed the packing issue, the pathing needed sorting out in OB. All packed fine, but packing up misc2 is throwing up an error aswell. I know things like this are bound too, but any chance you can help sort this out. It is asking for this model:

model = "\opx2misc\house\house_1.p3d";

the path for it is not even there neither is the p3d. can I copy another and rename it at all. Or does it not work like that?

Edit! fixed the issue now.

Awesome! I will definitely credit you on the terrain i'm making! Thank you so much Opteryx!

This project is not dead! with some help from the man himself and others, the future looks bright. That's all I am saying, that's all you are going to know for now. Future updates will be posted when due. 

No begging!

;)

• Like 9

Right guys. Got a little update for you all on the progress of the project. 

As it stands we are currently heavily working on getting these builds up to date. I will stress we are only working on the buildings at the moment. The misc stuff will come at a later date. 

The pack should be ready for an alpha release over the next couple of months. When that will be, will be when its out. 

We have renamed the tag from OPX to RSO as requested by Opteryx in the release post of the source files. This pack will contain all of the buildings he kindly released to us and more. What the more will be, you will have to wait and see! ;)  

There are about 20 of the 80 odd buildings ready for alpha atm, these are totally playable but only for players not AI yet. We want to give you something soon at least to play on before all the techy shit goes in there. These buildings are awesome to fight in. Trust me!

Wait out!

• Like 8